Part 70: Dear heaven
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 She had been up there once, but it was during the day. So to view the sight at night would be a different story. She’d been told by others that the small tourist town of Queenstown looked like little wee fireflies lighting up at night, creating a spectacular view due to the nightlife. Yes, she was happy once more as she breathed in the fresh pine scent around her. She loved it. She loved this scent. She loved her life.  

 

Evonne felt a little yawn escape her lips and lit up her cell phone to check the time, wondering why  James was taking so long.. If he didn’t come in another minute, she would phone him. That was when she realized she’d missed three calls from  Ulysses. 

 

What could  Ulysses want with her at this time of night? The calls were lodged at about seven p.m. There was another text message from  Ulysses as well. She opened the message and read: Can I see you tonight? Dear heaven, 

 

 Ulysses wanted to see her. She checked the time on her phone again. It was now past eleven p.m. Should she call him back to apologize at this hour? He would be asleep by now; if not, then he might be out sightseeing like she would if  James were to turn up of course. 

 

Evonne’s subconscious mind heard a tiny crack of a door opening, followed by muttering under breath inside the room, but her thoughts were so consumed with  Ulysses and the text that she simply missed it. Then her phone buzzed again indicating there was another message. This time it was from James.

 

 That rascal, she thought. Where had he been? Then she read the message: Hey, cuz. Cupid has brought you, Ulysses. Get that sperm. “ James ?” she whispered when she felt strong arms embrace her from behind, enveloping her within a muscular body, and a whisper that almost made her knees go weak. “My mysterious Goddess. Were you waiting for me?”

 

***

 

Golly Lord, what the hell is wrong with that waiter kid? Logan thought as he tumbled headfirst into the room, only to mumble more curses under his breath when he realized the room was completely shrouded in darkness. 

 

Logan fumbled around to find the light switch on the wall, and that was when he saw her, the mysterious woman who had asked him to come to this room. She was like a mystical Goddess of the night, out on the balcony, viewing the late-night city below. 

 

Shrouded in the beam of the moonlight, her slender silhouette was displayed for his eyes to feast upon. By golly, but she was so beautiful, so beautiful and so petite standing there looking so serene it took his breath away. 

 

But did she shrink in size? She looked short compared to when she was at the bar. But then again, she was sitting on the barstool, so that must account for his lack of judgment. Then again, he didn’t remember her being this beautiful at the bar either. Maybe he did drink too much.

 

 Logan stalked closer, lured by the exotic scene, a mixture of fresh pine scent and orange blossoms, his footsteps absorbed by the soft carpet. She was so beautiful that he didn’t even realize he was holding his breath until his arms were wrapped around her. “My mysterious Goddess. Were you waiting for me?” he whispered into her ears.

 

 

Dear heaven, it was  Ulysses. Ulysses was here.  Ulysses was standing right here in the same room as she was. She just couldn’t believe it. So  James had planned everything behind her back? And then there was Ulysses.

 

 Was he a willing participant in  James ’s plan too, because he had texted her that he wanted to see her tonight? Those two men, they were planning things behind her back all along. 

 

Did  Ulysses like her? Was that why he’d agreed to this charade with  James? But why was Ulysses hugging her from behind? He’d even called her Goddess. Oh, it’s all that little rascal’s fault. She had to teach her dear cousin a lesson in messing with people’s lives.

0