Part 83: What is it?
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Were you planning on stealing something?” Logan knew thieves these days came in all shapes and forms. He knew  Evonne wasn’t one to steal, but he wanted to ruffle her feathers a bit. “I am not a thief. I just don’t want to see your face, that’s all.” “Really? You don’t want to see this hot face?” “Handsome?”  Evonne scoffed. 

 

“Have you checked yourself in the mirror yet? You look like a sparrow just decided to house her babies in your hair. Did you even brush it this morning?” she retorted. “It’s style,  Apple,” Logan said smoothly, running his hand through his short hairstyle in a cool posture. “It’s a new fashion. Old people like you wouldn’t know.”

 

 “Really?”  Evonne quirked one of her eyebrows as a challenge. “Young kids these days sporting that kind of hairstyle?” “Yeah. You got a problem with that?” “No, just asking, since it looks really good on you,”  Evonne replied. “Just add a week’s worth of stubble; then you have yourself a barbaric caveman.” “Hah? A barbaric caveman. That’s a good one.” 

 

Logan laughed. “And you look like a medieval old woman who just had a roll in the hay.” He motioned to her crinkled blouse, which he had just noticed for the first time. What had she been doing last night to be in this condition? “Logan!”  Evonne had enough of this bickering. Of course, her clothes were all wrinkled because of what happened last night with Ulysses. “What? Giving up your verbal fight already?” he asked slyly. 

 

 Evonne was fuming underneath her cool demeanor, but since she was the older one, she had to compose herself like a responsible adult would when the younger party refused to back down. “Hasn’t anyone ever told you not to argue with adults?” she asked. 

 

“I don’t consider you an adult. After all, you’re just an  Apple,” Logan said. “You!” Evonne clamped her mouth shut again. She knew if she continued to converse with Logan, she could guarantee colorful profanity would come gushing out of her lips. There was no use talking to him at all.

“I’m leaving,” she said.

 

 “Wait! I haven’t finished playing with you yet,” Logan said, holding her in place. “I’m not a toy, Logan. Go and find someone else for your amusement.” She struggled within his grasp.

 

 “I don’t want to find another. You’re amusing enough already. I want to continue playing with you,” Logan confessed, not understanding what he meant by that himself. “Dear heavens, let me ask you something.” She stopped her struggling and took a deep breath, then turned her eyes toward Logan. “What is it?” Logan asked, surprised. “Don’t you have anything to do in life?”  Evonne began her lecture.

 

 “Why are you constantly annoying me all the time like this? Why don’t you take your time to help society or contribute to the community or something? You have a job, right? Why do I always see you wandering around like you have nothing to do? I’m telling you; stop this wayward style of yours. It doesn’t benefit anyone, especially yourself.” “Evonne, stop.” Logan didn’t like hearing about his wayward, Lothario's life. It just hurt. 

 

He knew he was stupid. He knew his behavior was beyond repair, but how could he stop? He just needed a human body to make him go to sleep. Last night was the very first night he had slept soundly, after sharing intimate moments with his mysterious Goddess. 

 

0