Part 48: What do you want?
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Don’t speak like you’re my teacher,  Noah,” he said, then stalked off, leaving  Noah to stare at his retreating back. 

 

“I wonder what’s wrong with Master Logan,”  Noah said, scratching his head in confusion, then made his way back to his desk. “What do you want?” Logan chimed in the middle of the meeting being held between  Ulysses and his associates, regarding the upcoming Dental Hygiene Conference in Queenstown.  

 

Ulysses looked at his cousin, poised in mid-speech when Logan burst into the meeting room. Shaking his head in resignation at his cousin’s usual behavior, entering the meeting room like a five-year-old in the middle of a tantrum, he gestured for Logan to seat himself near the corner, where there were a handful of toys and books. 

 

What does he think I am, a kid? Logan thought, fuming as he slouched himself down on the plush black couch. 

 

Now he felt like a little kid who’d been grounded. Why was everyone treating him like a child these days? First, his dad ordering him around and now  Ulysses gesturing for him to sit in the corner like a disobedient little boy. 

 

Blast this! He stood from the couch and slammed the door so loud it almost vibrated off the hinges, then stalked off to his car, leaving  Ulysses apologizing to his associates for the racket he had created on his way out. After driving for a full ten minutes, Logan’s mood still did not improve.

 

 It only deepened his already foul temperament because there were traffic jams every three seconds. The one time he got stuck in traffic for only fifteen minutes, he ended up cursing the lights and nearly went insane until the cars began to move again at their snail’s pace. 

 

What the hell is wrong with Auckland today? he cursed. It’s only Lorddamn at two o’clock in the afternoon. Rush hour wasn’t until five when most everyone headed home from work.

After successfully moving away from the main highway, Logan found himself in a part of town that wasn’t quite the area he would normally populate. There, many houses were too small for his liking. 

 

How could people live in such cramped spaces? Because Logan was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he didn’t understand. Even his apartment in Central Auckland boasted more than the usual three bedrooms, and the square footage was beyond ample.

 

 In this area, the houses were too small, the footpaths too small, and the road was also Lord Damned small. It only fit one car. As for the scenery, there was hardly anything to look at, just some random bushes here and there.

 

 It wasn’t worth a second glance. Where was he, anyway? In a dump? And then he miraculously saw her, the  Apple woman, aimlessly walking down that narrow road, ambling towards town like she had amnesia. 

 

What was she doing? Did she want to kill herself? What if a car came zooming past? She would surely die. If not, then she would at least suffer some internal injury that would require weeks in the hospital. 

 

Wait! Why was he even concerned about the welfare of this  Apple anyway? Shouldn’t he be teasing— Ahhh. Logan gave an evil smirk when a brilliant idea emerged in his head. Just the perfect person on which to vent his anger and frustration. 

 

Then with a blast of his horn to its full capacity that was sure to awake even the dead, he alerted her attention to his presence, announcing to her that the Swedish Lord had finally arrived.

 

 

 

0