Chapter 1: I Know You Well
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December 2nd, 2076 - University of Tokyo Hospital 

 

“You only have two months at the most to live sir, I’m sorry Mr. Tokuda we tried everything but the cancer is untreatable at this stage.”

 

“Thank you, Doctor, I know you tried everything, it must be my time.”

 

“Finally.”

 

25 years ago, September 6, 2051 - NCGM Center Hospital

 

“Manami please don’t leave me alone, you got to fight it” 

 

“Tatsuo don’t cry, you’re gonna make me cry”

 

“But you’re all I got, if you die, I’ll be all alone again”

 

“It’s okay Tatsuo you’ll find someone else, the time we spent together were the best moments of my life”

 

“I won’t ever find someone like you, that’s why I need you to stay by my side, like you said you would on our wedding day”

 

“I’m sorry Tatsuo” cried Manami as she held his hand

 

September 13, 2051 - Yanaka Cemetery 

 

“On this day, we let our loved one Tokuda Manami become free as much as we miss her it’s best if we let her start her journey in the afterlife”

 

“You may all come up to say your final goodbye to Manami”

 

Seeing my wife in a coffin was disturbing, my legs felt weak I wanted to break down again but I had to stay strong, it’s what she would’ve wanted me to be.

 

If only I had more money, we could’ve had her treated at a better hospital, the medical staff nowadays doesn’t care about us low-income, letting my wife die on me.

 

December 3rd, 2076 - University of Tokyo Hospital

 

*Ring Ring Ring

 

“Yes?”

 

“Mr. Tokuda, it’s finished.”

 

“Good, bring it”

 

Even standing up for me was rough * chuckled as I got up to look at the view from my room.

 

The night sky looked so beautiful, and Manami loved nights like these. After her passing, I put everything to work, forgetting about the things around me so that I could be successful for her.

 

I even got the title “Most Succesful Person Of The Decade” by TIME Magazine. It’s all pointless though, nothing has been the same since I lost her.

 

My true love but finally, I’ll be able to see her again.

 

Before that though I must see how this plays out. *Tatsuo holding a silver coin up in the air

1