Chapter 8: Desperate Attack Part. 2
271 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hu imagined a look of fear behind the helmet that Orion wore. But suddenly, Orion's face emitted a blinding light, and Hu's vision was overwhelmed by an intense white brightness that seemed to engulf the entire world.

"Argggggghhhhh...!" Hu screamed. He released his grip on Orion's neck, where he had pinned it down, and stood up, covering his eyes with both hands.

Shortly after, an intense pain, unlike anything he had ever experienced, surged from his forbidden region. Everything that had been awash with blinding brightness now shifted to darkness, accompanied by this unspeakable pain.

Hu was straddling Orion, gripping its neck tightly. He then suddenly brought his face close to Orion's. In that moment, Orion spotted a golden opportunity and knew Orion couldn't waste it.

Orion is a state-of-the-art robot, outfitted with cutting-edge technology and a plethora of advanced sensors. While it boasts a high-quality night vision camera, a thermal camera, and numerous other sensors ensuring seamless operation in darkness, Orion hasn't forsaken traditional methods of illumination. Integrated into its design is a powerful LED spotlight, capable of providing broad coverage in its immediate vicinity as well as delivering strong illumination over long ranges. This spotlight is strategically positioned right behind the cracked glass on Orion's face.

As Hu's face drew perilously close to Orion's, the robot activated its spotlight at maximum output, effectively blinding Hu with its intense brightness at point-blank range.

After Hu released his grip on Orion's neck and stood up, Orion was presented with another unforeseen opportunity. Without hesitation, Orion seized it. From its position on the ground, Orion quickly bent both its knees. Harnessing the strength and speed of its hydraulics, it thrust both legs upward, aiming directly for Hu's forbidden area.

The kick was so forceful that it sent Hu flying backward, airborne for a brief moment. If one were to play the sound effect of two eggs getting smashed at that instant, it would've fit the scene perfectly. Hu crashed to the ground, causing dust to billow around him. He lay motionless, shivering, managing only a faint "aaa.....uuu....ugh...." in response to the overwhelming pain.

Orion rose and retrieved the spear from the side, observing Hu's current pitiable state. However, Orion couldn't afford to waste time and knew it had to seize the opportunity to defeat Hu while he was vulnerable.

Orion dashed forward, intent on stabbing Hu. "Ba...bas...bastard," Hu muttered weakly while struggling to his feet. Out of nowhere, a blade materialized in his right hand. With a firm grip, Hu managed to parry Orion's attack in the nick of time.

What? Another magic trick? Orion was taken aback by the sudden appearance of the blade from nowhere. It had anticipated landing a fatal blow on Hu, but to its surprise, its attack was deftly parried.

Tears and snot streamed nonstop down Hu's contorted face. He looked both pitiable and revolting. The lingering pain from the blinding light forced him to keep his eyes shut, but when he dared to peek, he saw three blurry Orion figures standing before him. Despite his half-hunched posture and his left arm cradling his injured forbidden area, he had still managed to block Orion's attack. This spoke volumes of his extensive combat experience.

"BASTARD"
"YOU FUCKING BASTARD"
"I AM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!"
"I AM GONNA CHOP YOU UP TO THOUSANDS PIECES"
"DIEE!!!!!"

Hu screamed, appearing as if he had completely lost his mind. He then launched into a frenzied assault, slashing wildly at Orion. With his vision impaired, Hu now relied solely on his keen sense of hearing and his extensive combat experience, but Orion only barely managed to keep pace with Hu's relentless onslaught.

Meanwhile, off to the side, Lian groaned, "Ugh...what...what happened to me?" Hu's intense shouting had roused her from her unconscious state. She felt pain throughout her body, and it seemed that several bones were broken. While grappling with her pain and trying to gather her thoughts, she watched the ongoing battle between Hu and Orion.

"Mountain Cleaver Chop!" Hu shouted, delivering a potent vertical strike. Both the blade and his hands were sheathed in a faint glowing aura. "Demon Slash!" came his next call, as he unleashed another powerful slash. As Hu continued to deploy a barrage of his combat techniques, Orion found itself increasingly overwhelmed, the damages piling up with each passing moment.

At one juncture, Orion's spear was deftly parried aside. Seizing the moment, Hu quickly executed his "Demon Slash" combat technique. Unable to deflect or counter the imminent attack, Orion had no option but to raise its left hand in a desperate bid to block the strike. However, the Qi-infused slash sliced through Orion's left hand and continued its trajectory, only coming to a halt when it was half-buried in Orion's left shoulder.

With his eyes still closed, Hu sensed that he had inflicted significant damage on Orion, successfully cutting his arm.
"Ha ha ha! This is the price you pay for angering me," he taunted. "But don't worry, it's not over yet. I'll also cut off your other hand, and then both of your legs," Hu declared, laughing maniacally.

However, Hu failed to notice that from the individual he had injured, no blood flowed from either the severed hand or the shoulder where the blade was half-buried. Lian, however, observed this and was left dumbfounded.

Hu mistakenly believed Orion to be just an ordinary human male, assuming such injuries would cause immense pain, debilitate combat prowess, and ultimately seal Orion's fate. However, since Orion is a robot unfamiliar with pain, it could still engage in battle despite reduced combat capability from the loss of an arm. The damage to the shoulder was severe, with multiple cables and electrical circuits damaged, yet Orion retained some movement in its left arm.

Orion kept its composure, dropping its spear and seizing Hu's shoulder with its right hand.
"What do you want?" Hu taunted, "There's no need for unnecessary struggles. There's nothing you can do in this situation... ha ha ha. Just resign to your fate." To Hu, Orion's actions seemed like the futile efforts of an ant at death's door.

Still reeling from the intense pain in his forbidden area, Hu said with a threatening tone, "I will repay you a hundredfold for the pain you've caused me," his voice dripping with rage. "I won't give you an easy death."

But Hu was taken aback by Orion's subsequent assault. Using its left arm, the one previously slashed by the blade, Orion aimed for Hu's heart. This arm, with its smooth and angled steel frame that was sharp and pointy, had its outer casing and panels retracted. This action completely revealed the protruding, sharp steel frame. With precision, Orion drove this pointed end towards Hu's heart.

The steel frame punctured Hu's heart, causing blood to flow. "Arrghhh..." Hu grunted, attempting to pull the blade lodged in Orion's shoulder to retaliate. However, as he made his move, a surge of electricity coursed through his heart. Orion had channeled a large amount of electricity toward its damaged left hand, and the exposed wires made direct contact with Hu's skin and heart.

"aaaaa...aaa...aaaa...aaaaa," Hu screamed, the sound of electricity crackling around him: bzzzt... bzzttt...

As time wore on, Hu's screams grew weaker and weaker. After about a minute, he finally collapsed to the ground. Lian watched from the sidelines, her expression one of sheer horror. He...he...he managed to kill Hu? Lian thought.

Orion stood motionless for a moment, extracting the blade embedded in its shoulder. It then turned its head towards Lian. Its face was marred by cracked glass, and a menacing red glow shone from behind it. Lian, overtaken by fear, fell onto her butt.

14