Chapter 28: Sliding Dogeza
174 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Master! Are you okay? What happened? Is something wrong?" The disciples approached Luo Fengwei, their faces filled with concern.

"Oh no, I am so stupid, really stupid... No... What should I do? What should I do? I have made a big mistake, no..." Luo Fengwei muttered in distress.

"Master, what's wrong? What mistake? Master!" The disciples, not understanding anything, became even more worried about their master.

"Oh, yeah, maybe that would do." Luo Fengwei immediately went towards several tables, grabbing all Grade-4 weapons and armor and stored them in his storage ring.

"I will be going to the Liu family estate," he declared without saying anything else, immediately taking flight and disappearing, ignoring his disciples calling after him.

"Master! Master..."
"Master!!"
"Master..."

The disciples were still confused and watched as their master swiftly flew away.

When Luo Fengwei realized what he had done during Orion's visit, regret consumed him. He wanted to smash his head against a wall for offending Orion, chasing him out, and saying rude things. His only chance to understand wolframite and the metal called tungsten was at risk. Then, a sudden thought brought a glimmer of hope. He decided to use all the Grade-4 weapons and armor as an apology gift. If that wasn't enough, he was also willing to provide others and make things for Orion for free.

Luo Fengwei arrived at the Liu family estate, aware of the identity of the visiting guest; the servants immediately ushered him to the front hall and informed the patriarch. Liu Ming, surprised by Luo Fengwei's visit, warmly received him. He couldn't fathom why Luo Fengwei, given his temperament, would visit the Liu estate. It wasn't easy for him to meet with Luo Fengwei, and now, Luo Fengwei was taking the initiative to come.

After some pleasantries and happy conversation, Luo Fengwei asked about Liu Jian. Liu Ming asked a servant to bring Liu Jian there, and after Liu Jian arrived, Luo Fengwei showed a politeness he had never exhibited before. He engaged in conversation with Liu Jian with a warm smile and a lively atmosphere. Both Liu Ming and Liu Jian were baffled by Luo Fengwei's unusual temperament and behavior, as Luo Fengwei was not typically this nice.

What dumbfounded Liu Jian and Liu Ming next was when suddenly, Luo Fengwei took out a Grade-3 sword from his storage ring and gifted it to Liu Jian.

"It so happens that I made this sword a while ago and didn't know what to do with it, but I remember that you also use a sword. So, I'll just give this to you as a gift," Luo Fengwei explained.

"Uh... Mr. Luo, this sword is too precious. I'm afraid I can't accept it," Liu Jian responded.

"Can't accept? There's no need to think much about it. After all, aren't we close friends? So just accept it. I don't need this sword, and if I want, I can just make another one. Ha ha ha," Luo Fengwei said as he tossed the sword towards Liu Jian.

Liu Jian was rather shocked but caught the sword tossed towards him. Close friend? Since when are we friends and being all buddy-buddy? Liu Jian thought to himself.

"Well, just accept it," Liu Ming said, rather surprised because Luo Fengwei suddenly gave such a valuable sword. He wondered what Luo Fengwei's real intentions were.

"Then I thank Mr. Luo," Liu Jian bowed and cupped his hand. He then unsheathed the sword from the scabbard and observed it. The sword was truly to his liking!

"So, Mr. Luo, is there something that we can help you with?" Liu Ming inquired.

"Ahem... ahem," Luo Fengwei cleared his throat, feigning a cough.

"So, I heard that Mr. Orion is staying here, so I wonder if I can meet with him." Luo Fengwei then subtly tried to probe for information about Orion and his background.

So, that is your real purpose, huh? Liu Ming thought to himself.

"Yes, indeed. Mr. Orion has been staying with us. After he saved my son, he became our honored guest. If Mr. Luo wants to meet him, of course, it's possible," Liu Ming explained, proceeding to share the story of how Orion saved his son.

Oh no! He is not a mortal? But why can't I detect his cultivation?... Crap, did I just offend such a person? Luo Fengwei thought to himself. He became more anxious, worried, and even scared because the person he thought was just a mortal turned out to be a cultivator with an unfathomable background. Possibly, this individual had a cultivation base higher than his own or possessed some profound concealment technique to hide his cultivation base.

But when Liu Ming was giving orders to one of the servants to invite Orion to come to the front hall.

"No, that won't do. I won't inconvenience Mr. Orion. I will come to his place instead," Luo Fengwei stated.

Liu Ming and Liu Jian were rather surprised to hear that. He will come and visit Orion himself?

"Liu Jian, bring Mr. Luo to Mr. Orion," Liu Ming instructed.

"Yes, father," Liu Jian replied.

"Thank you very much, Patriarch Liu. If you ever need me to make something, just come to my workshop, and I will make it for you. Ha ha ha," Luo Fengwei said.

"Ha ha ha, then I thank Mr. Luo," Liu Ming responded, rather happy to get the promise. Usually, it's hard to employ Luo Fengwei to make something; it all depends on his 'mood.'

After a few more small talks, Luo Fengwei and Liu Jian then headed towards the guesthouse where Orion had been staying.

After they left, Liu Ming heard some voice transmissions.

"Interesting, so that's what happened. But to think that someone as stubborn, obstinate, and headstrong as Luo Fengwei would be willing to lower his head like that," Liu Ming mused after hearing about what had transpired in Luo Fengwei's workshop and observing Luo Fengwei's current demeanor. Liu Ming was also rather surprised by Orion's deep knowledge about blacksmithing.

"Hm... be more careful when observing Orion. Only send your best man and observe from a distance," Liu Ming cautioned through voice transmission using his spiritual sense. Now that Orion had become more mysterious, Liu Ming felt the need to exercise caution.

"Yes Patriarch," replied the other party.

In the guesthouse, Wang Lingxin had just finished dinner and was currently enjoying some pastries as dessert along with tea. Orion sat across from her, engrossed in reading scrolls and books. Orion waited for Wang Lingxin to fall asleep before planning to sneak out with Liu Jian to visit some 'good place'.

Suddenly, a knock echoed through the room, accompanied by Liu Jian's voice, "Mr. Orion, sorry to disturb you, but there is a guest who wishes to meet you."

Guest? Who? Orion wondered internally. "Come in," it said aloud.

Liu Jian opened the door, and behind him was Luo Fengwei. Orion stood up from the chair to receive them.

"Sorry to have disturbed you, Mr. Orion. Mr. Luo has come here to meet you," Liu Jian explained.

Huh? It's him? Orion thought to itself.

"Greetings, Mr. Orion," Luo Fengwei said, cupping his hand and bowing with a steady and determined voice.

Liu Jian watched from the side, thinking internally, Huh? He can be so respectful towards other people?

"So, what do you want?" Orion asked with a cold voice.

Luo Fengwei and even Liu Jian were rather startled by Orion's reply. Luo Fengwei started to sweat, but he knew that it was all because of his fault, and he was determined to fix this.

"Mr. Orion, I have come to apologize. I'm really sorry for what happened today. Please forgive me; I didn't mean to offend you," Luo Fengwei said.

Orion didn't respond, still standing quietly and watching Luo Fengwei. A bead of sweat rolled down Luo Fengwei's face.

"Is that all?" Orion asked.

"If... if possible, I would like to ask Mr. Orion about the wolframite ore and the metal called tungsten," Luo Fengwei said.

"Sorry, can't do, too busy right now," Orion replied.

"I am really sorry to disturb you during your busy time. Then, what about when you are free? Is that possible?" Luo Fengwei continued, still bowing.

"Still can't do. I don't know when I will have free time, and I also don't know if I am willing to tell you about wolframite and tungsten when I am free," Orion replied.

Luo Fengwei fell silent, still bowing. He turned his head up and towards Orion, his eyes opened wide.

Liu Jian at the side thought, Uh... deja vu, this situation... is similar to what happened today!

"If there is nothing else, get the fuck out of here and don't disturb me further," Orion stated, using a lower volume for the f word since Wang Lingxin was still in the room.

Luo Fengwei and Orion faced each other, the distance about 5 meters apart. Gritting his teeth, Luo Fengwei suddenly dashed towards Orion.

whooshh...

Luo Fengwei then folded both of his knees, falling to the ground. He slid towards Orion, and as he slid, he prostrated himself by putting his head on the floor, resulting in something akin to a sliding dogeza. After sliding, Luo Fengwei stopped beneath Orion, about 1 meter away.

"I AM REALLY SORRY! I WAS WRONG! I WAS STUPID TO HAVE OFFENDED YOU! I HAVE MET A DRAGON AMONGST MEN BUT FAILED TO RECOGNIZE IT." Luo Fengwei screamed in apology, still prostrating with his head on the floor, wanting to show his sincerity.

What the? Orion was internally rather surprised.

Liu Jian, meanwhile, was so shocked, his jaw dropped, mouth opened wide, eyes widened. What the heck? Liu Jian thought internally. That prideful Mr. Luo is prostrating to other people? Liu Jian was extremely shocked by the scene.

"Please forgive me, Mr. Orion. I am willing to give you several Grade-4 weapons and armor. I am also willing to make anything you want, as long as I am able to. If that's not enough, I am also willing to pay spirit stones. If you desire something else, please just say it. I only ask that Mr. Orion is willing to forgive me and share your knowledge about wolframite and tungsten. I will be eternally grateful if you are also willing to give me some pointers about blacksmithing," Luo Fengwei pleaded, still prostrating.

What the heck... several Grade-4 weapons and armor? Liu Jian thought internally, finding it hard to believe what he heard.

"Hmm..." Orion crossed both of its arms on its chest, holding its chin. It appeared as though Orion was in deep contemplation, although it was actually quite satisfied with Luo Fengwei's offer. Orion wanted to seem uncertain, attempting to extract more from Luo Fengwei.

"Please, Mr. Orion, I beg you..." Luo Fengwei pleaded.

"I can also ask you for other things? Anything?" Orion inquired.

"Yes, as long as it's within my capability," Luo Fengwei assured.

Ho ho ho, this is nice, Orion thought to itself.

"Ha ha ha, Mr. Luo is too polite. Isn't it just some information about wolframite and tungsten? It's easy; I can tell you about it," Orion said.

"Really?" Luo Fengwei raised his head, finally seeing some hope.

"First, Mr. Luo, please get up," Orion said, offering a helping hand to Luo Fengwei.

"Then..." Luo Fengwei hesitated, standing up.

"Don't worry, Mr. Luo. I have forgiven you. As for the information, we can talk about it further. Why don't we sit together first?" Orion suggested.

"I sincerely thank Mr. Orion," Luo Fengwei bowed and cupped his hand.

Orion then invited Luo Fengwei and Liu Jian to sit. They all gathered around a table, and the atmosphere had taken a complete 180-degree turn. The conversation now flowed happily and lively between Luo Fengwei and Orion. After previously interacting with various individuals, Orion had learned to adapt and enhance its pleasantries, employing flowery words and compliments. The contrast with the previous tense situation was stark, and Liu Jian couldn't help but be surprised by the rollercoaster of emotions.

Luo Fengwei had relaxed, finally able to smile again. It felt as if a huge boulder had been lifted from his heart. He reached into his storage ring and retrieved a Grade-4 sword.

"Mr. Orion, this is my best work so far. Please accept it, and in this storage ring, there are several other Grade-4 weapons and armor inside," Luo Fengwei said as he placed the storage ring on the table.

"Forged from ice steel and embedded with a ten-thousand-year-old black ice crystal, this sword doesn't have a name yet. You can give it a name. It features inscriptions to enhance its strength, sharpness, and ice properties," Luo Fengwei proudly explained, holding the beautiful sword. Then, he continued his explanation.

The sword could launch ice attacks, inflicting cold ice on wounds that could slow or even freeze the enemy. It boasted various ice-related effects, and if used by a cultivator with ice cultivation techniques, combat skills, and ice-related physical constitution, its capabilities would be several times more potent.

Liu Jian was awed by the sword, impressed by its high quality. Even his Liu family only possessed several Grade-4 weapons and armor, and here was Luo Fengwei giving Orion a bunch of them. Liu Jian felt a twinge of envy.

As Luo Fengwei proudly continued with his explanation about the sword, Wang Lingxin, who was eating pastries from the side, suddenly commented, "Oh, that trash sword? Why would you give such a low-quality and disappointing product as a gift to my master?" 

Wang Lingxin's words hung in the air, transforming the previously lively atmosphere into a quiet one, with only the sound of Wang Lingxin munching on pastries.

"..." Orion.

"..." Liu Jian.

"..." Luo Fengwei.

10