Chapter 31: O# Inscriptions
185 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orion spent most of its time in one of the rooms in the workshop. The disciples had moved a small furnace and other tools necessary for forging and blacksmithing. Additionally, various tools required for inscribing inscriptions were set up.

While busy in the workshop, Orion also engaged in comprehensive teaching with Wang Lingxin, who stayed in the guest house and connected wirelessly via the tablet. The lessons covered various subjects, including writing and mathematics. Utilizing the tablet's capabilities, Orion displayed teaching materials and enhanced them with animations, providing an interactive and engaging learning experience for Wang Lingxin. This innovative approach significantly aided her comprehension and retention of the subjects.

During the experiment, Orion gleaned insights into ice steel, a unique metal from this world. This metal, used to make a sword that Wang Lingxin referred to as trash, possesses properties resembling regular steel, yet accompanied by an unexplained phenomenon. It exudes an inexplicable coldness, surpassing temperatures below 100 degrees Celsius.

Orion also conducted experiments with various other unique materials from this world. Some of the metals, while sharing similarities with those from Earth, exhibit mysterious characteristics. For instance, there are regular gold types similar to those found on Earth, but there also exist varieties with unique names such as black gold, red gold, blood gold, and many more, each possessing mysterious characteristics. Similarly, ordinary iron, akin to Earth's variety, coexists with unique variations such as yin iron, black iron, white iron, fire iron, thunder iron, and others.

With the utilization of simple experiments, equipment, and the knowledge at Orion's disposal, Orion concluded that everything still falls within Earth's periodic table. While some elements in this world exhibit mysterious and unexplainable characteristics, the fundamental nature of the elements remains consistent with those found on Earth.

The learning about inscriptions was also fruitful; Orion achieved a basic understanding and managed to create simple inscriptions. Similar to anyone just starting to learn about inscription, Orion began by practicing on a simple iron plate. Following exact instructions from the scroll, Orion flawlessly inscribed the iron plate. However, a challenge arose—Orion couldn't activate the inscription since it lacked a dantian and the ability to infuse Qi into the inscription. Despite attempting to use electricity from its battery by connecting a cable from one of its arms to the inscription and activate it, as Orion could operate the storage ring using electricity in this manner, the efforts proved futile.

After grappling with the issue, Orion had an idea. It retrieved a glass bottle filled with LQ (Liquefied Qi) and added a few drops into the inscription. To Orion's surprise, the inscription glowed brightly, and suddenly, an intense flame erupted from the iron plate. The simple inscription, designed to create a small fire for use as a stove, manifested an unexpectedly large and intense flame, deviating from the scroll's description.

As the fire dwindled, Orion retrieved another glass bottle filled with LQ and added the same amount of drops into the inscription as before. Previously, the LQ used was LQ-3, indicating that the liquid Qi had undergone three additional refinements. This time, Orion opted for LQ-0, a liquid Qi obtained from dissolved spirit stones without further refinement. Despite being smaller than the previous flame, the resulting fire still appeared larger and stronger than what was described in the scroll.

Very nice, Orion thought internally. With inscriptions and LQ, it has opened many possibilities and would allow Orion, despite not having a dantian, to activate inscriptions. This will be very helpful in many situations.

At sunset, Orion finished its work and met Luo Fengwei. Surprisingly, Luo Fengwei had completed three spare parts with Orion's advice. After some conversation, Orion excused itself and left the workshop, returning to the Liu family estate. Tomorrow, Orion would be back again.

At the guest house, as the night fell, Wang Lingxin was already nestled in bed, holding the tablet and engrossed in watching the Cinderella story animation. The character in the animation closely resembled her. When the episode for the night concluded, Wang Lingxin wiped tears that trailed down her cheeks. She carefully placed the tablet in the backpack beside her and pulled the blanket, turning to the side, attempting to sleep while occasionally whimpering.

Orion, observing from the table, was unsure how to respond. It was evident that Wang Lingxin was deeply touched by the story, finding a relatable connection to her own experiences and perhaps reflecting on the challenges she faced living with her uncle's family in the past.

After a while, Wang Lingxin became quiet, already asleep. Orion moved to the bed, fixed the blanket, and gently stroked her head. "It's fine now," Orion whispered.

Orion returned to the table to resume its usual research and experiments. First, Orion retrieved three handmade spare parts that Luo Fengwei had completed that day. After a meticulous observation, Orion concluded that for simple spare parts that don't require high precision, Luo Fengwei's work is acceptable. However, for those demanding higher precision, the quality of the spare parts made by Luo Fengwei falls short of acceptability. Tomorrow, Orion will ask Luo Fengwei to only make simple spare parts that don't require high precision and to use the best materials possible. Afterward, Orion will put inscriptions on them to strengthen the parts. Finally, upon arriving in this world, Orion will be able to enhance its own strength.

For several days, Orion went to Luo Fengwei's workshop while Wang Lingxin stayed in the guest house. During the nights, Orion was busy with research and experiments. 

Orion was very close to learning all the scrolls and books about inscriptions. It was easy for Orion to record thousands of pages of books and scrolls, which only took a few hours. Orion just needed to take a single glance, capture the image, and store it. The AI would then analyze it in the background process. After continuous days and nights of work by Orion's AI, Orion had learned and digested all the information.

The knowledge that usually took decades to learn and master was achieved by Orion in just three days. While others struggled to remember many complicated inscription patterns from each book and scroll, Orion had all of it stored in its memory in the form of high-quality images. Orion was close to developing a new kind of inscription system, still using the same basic patterns and scripts for inscription but with a different operational approach.

Orion tested the new inscription system it had developed using simple iron plates, and it worked flawlessly. The new system proved to be superior, more efficient, streamlined, and innovative compared to the current inscription system in use.

For instance, to enhance a specific effect, traditional blacksmiths or inscriptionists often inscribe the same patterns and scripts repeatedly. In contrast, Orion implemented a for-loop in its new inscription system, achieving the desired effect with greater simplicity and effectiveness. Rather than inscribe the same inscription patterns and scripts several times like 10 times, Orion added inscription patterns and scripts that have the same logic as for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++).

The inscription system boasts variable parameters, a feature designed to facilitate the dynamic adjustment of inscription parameters. This innovation eliminates the necessity for multiple inscriptions, allowing for a more extensive range of effects.

Conditional statements have been seamlessly integrated into the inscription system, offering it the capability to generate dynamic responses based on specific criteria or events. This enhances the adaptability and responsiveness of the inscription system, catering to diverse scenarios.

In pursuit of enhanced flexibility, the new inscription system has been engineered with modularity in mind. This design choice enables inscriptions or some parts of it to be effortlessly added, changed, or removed, making it versatile.

The new inscription system also incorporates robust security measures to prevent tampering, alongside numerous other features and enhancements compared to the current inscription system.

Orion decided to name this new inscription system as O# (O sharp).

Today, Liu Jian accompanied Orion to Luo Fengwei's workshop. Liu Jian had a special request; he wanted Luo Fengwei to craft a dagger as a gift for his junior sister. They rode in the carriage together.

After meeting Luo Fengwei and conveying his request, discussing the details of the design and specifications for the personalized dagger, Liu Jian bid farewell and returned to the Liu family estate. Meanwhile, Orion stayed in the workshop, always busy with various tasks. After Liu Jian left, Luo Fengwei met Orion and handed him the completed custom sword that Orion had ordered.

"Mr. Orion, this is the sword that you ordered. It's exactly like your specifications and custom request. Please check it; it just needs to be inscribed with inscription to be complete," Luo Fengwei said. Orion had given him the blueprint and specifically requested him to make the sword handle hollow inside. Though he didn't know the reason, Luo Fengwei did his best to fulfill the request.

"Oh, that was fast," Orion remarked. It had asked for it yesterday, and Luo Fengwei had already finished it.

Orion grabbed the sword and scrutinized it. "Yup, this is good. Thank you. I will be busy in my room, and please don't disturb me," Orion stated. It couldn't wait to inscribe it with the O# inscription.

"Rest assured, Mr. Orion. I won't disturb you, and I will tell my disciples not to bother you either," Luo Fengwei assured.

In one of the rooms in the workshop, a sword lay on the table, and Orion stood at the side, marveling at the finished product. Orion had just finished inscribing it. Several enhancement effects were added to the sword, such as strength, sharpness, speed, and others. However, the most significant addition was a completely new kind of effect that Orion successfully developed using the O# inscription – a chainsaw Qi.

Drawing inspiration from the chainsaw on Earth, where a set of teeth is attached to a rotating chain driven along a guide bar, Orion utilized the sword itself as the guide bar. At the edge of the sword, a specific inscription pattern was applied to transport, move, and control Qi at high speed. The Qi would move from the sword handle to the sword base, travel along the sword edge towards the sword tip, then to the other side of the sword edge, back to the sword base, and finally to the sword handle, completing a loop. The Qi would accelerate rapidly, and since it was a closed loop, it wouldn't leak, maintaining low Qi consumption. Unlike other swords that had effects increasing sharpness by emitting Qi at the weapon's edge, resulting in high Qi consumption, the chainsaw Qi consumes very low Qi.

The sword acts as the guide bar, with the high-speed Qi serving as the teeth and rotating chain. The hollow sword handle contains a compartment where LQ is stored. Inside this compartment is also a storage ring that stores a large amount of LQ. Orion can control the ring using electricity, releasing more LQ into the container if the LQ in the container is depleted.

Orion then retrieved several metallic rods and stabbed them into the ground. It was time to test the sword's sharpness. The sword, a high-quality Grade-4 weapon, easily cut through a metal rod even without activating the inscription. Orion then activated the inscription by moving the multi-position slide switch. The inscription on the sword glowed faintly, and the sword's edge emitted a bright cyan light. Orion slashed towards a standing metal pole in front of it, effortlessly cutting through it.

But Orion wanted to explore further. Instead of slashing, it decided to gently touch the metal pole with the sword's edge and move the sword across it effortlessly, cutting it easily and accompanied by sparks.

Despite the impressive performance, Orion couldn't gauge the sword's maximum potential. Even without activating the inscription to its full potential, it could cut a hard metallic pole easily. Perhaps Orion would need to test it again later using even harder materials. With a few metallic poles left, Orion switched the sliding switch to the maximum position.

The cyan light at the sword's edge became brighter, accompanied by a humming sound. Suddenly, wind gathered around Orion, who was rather surprised by the phenomenon. Orion looked at the sword closely, wondering, "Is it caused by the sword?" Then, intense wind rose as Orion launched a flurry of slashes towards the remaining metallic pole. Many crescent-shaped cyan lights flew out from the slashes as the sword cut through the metallic pole, turning it into many small pieces.

Satisfied with the results, Orion stored the sword in the storage ring and left the room. Why is the workshop empty? Where is everybody? Orion wondered internally. Usually, the workshop was bustling with activity, but now it was deserted.

Orion exited the workshop and saw Luo Fengwei holding a large shield, with his disciples behind him, and an energy barrier enveloped them. Their faces expressed a mix of worry, surprise, and fear.

"Huh? What are you guys doing out here?" Orion inquired.

8