Chapter 33: Unpleasant Encounter on the Streets
162 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chen Rongwei had just wrapped up an enjoyable time with his followers at a restaurant in the market, planning to play until night. As they walked, he noticed Hua Meiying, a beautiful girl he had set his eyes on, together with Liu Jian and some guy with a helmet—probably Liu Jian's guard.
 
Seeing Hua Meiying engaged in a happy conversation with Liu Jian and the guy with the helmet, veins popped visibly on Chen Rongwei's forehead. How dare they get close to a woman he had taken a fancy to! He had been courting Hua Meiying for a long time, giving her many gifts, wanting to make her his. However, she always remained cold towards him and ignored his advances.
 
He refrained from acting recklessly toward Hua Meiying due to her status as a disciple of the Melodic Harmony Sect. As an outer disciple and a cultivator at the 1st stage of Foundation Establishment realm, using force against her wouldn't be easy. If she were an ordinary person, Chen Rongwei might have already targeted her and become his victim like many other unfortunate girls.
 
The Liu family and Chen family had a longstanding rivalry, always competing against each other. Chen Rongwei and Liu Jian shared the same contentious relationship, having been involved in several conflicts in the past. Now, seeing Liu Jian and Hua Meiying together infuriated Chen Rongwei. He immediately approached Liu Jian to vent his anger.
 
Stopping in front of them, Chen Rongwei greeted with a seemingly friendly smile, "Well, well, well, isn't it the great Young Master Liu? I heard you survived a spirit beast attack in the forest recently. What brings you here? Shouldn't you still be recuperating in your bed, Young Master Liu?"
 
"Chen Rongwei!" Liu Jian retorted, "I can do what I want and go wherever I want. What do you want with me?" 
 
"Tsk, tsk, tsk. I am being polite to you. Why are you getting angry?" Chen Rongwei taunted.
 
"Hmph... Stop pretending to be a gentleman. Everyone knows your true nature already," Liu Jian asserted.
 
"Hahaha, so what if they know my true nature? Everybody also knows that your talent in cultivation really sucks. You're already 18 years old but still stuck in the 8th stage of Qi Condensation realm. Truly trash! Even I have reached the 9th stage of the Qi Condensation realm, and it won't be long before I enter the Foundation Establishment realm. Hahaha!" Chen Rongwei laughed loudly, arrogant and looking down on Liu Jian. His followers joined in the laughter.
 
Chen Rongwei believed himself to be a cultivation genius. At only 15 years old, he had reached the 9th stage of the Qi Condensation realm. However, in reality, he rarely cultivated or practiced combat skills. His cultivation base was mostly the result of consuming large amounts of cultivation-boosting pills. In his free time, he preferred to play around, drink, and pursue beauties.
 
"Say whatever you want. Without hard work and only relying on shortcuts won't take you far on the cultivation path. Even if my cultivation progresses slowly, it progresses firmly," Liu Jian countered.
 
"Wuahahaha! Do you guys hear that? Liu Jian talks big for a mere 8th stage of Qi Condensation realm. Hahaha!" Chen Rongwei continued to mock and insult, joined by the laughter of his followers echoing through the air.
 
Liu Jian didn't reply and just watched Chen Rongwei and his followers coldly.
 
"Miss Hua," Chen Rongwei bowed, "you are as beautiful as always. It must be fate meeting you here," Chen Rongwei said, ignoring Liu Jian.
 
"You flatter me, Second Young Master Chen," Hua Meiying forced a smile.
 
"Miss Hua, I plan to explore the market and have some fun. Why don't you accompany me?" Chen Rongwei smiled.
 
"I am sorry, Second Young Master Chen, but I must decline your invitation. I can't accompany you. Sorry," Hua Meiying politely declined.
 
"What a shame. I hope that we can do it another time. Oh, that's right, Miss Hua. If you are willing to accept my offer from that night, I can guarantee you'll get a vast amount of resources that will help your cultivation. You won't need to bother working in Midnight Orchid Manor anymore. Please think about it carefully," Chen Rongwei emphasized the offer. Previously, he had asked Hua Meiying to be his woman and offered her significant benefits by joining the Chen family, but she refused.
 
Liu Jian raised his eyebrow upon hearing that, pondering, What offer?
 
"Sorry, Second Young Master Chen, but I must decline that offer," Hua Meiying bowed.
 
"Well, can't be helped," Chen Rongwei said, but internally he cursed, Tch... what a stubborn girl, playing hard to get. Wait till I get my hands on you; I'll make sure to discipline you, Chen Rongwei licked his lips.
 
After his offer was rejected, he noticed how close Hua Meiying and the guy with the helmet were. He became irritated.
 
"Liu Jian, you should teach your dog better. How could you allow your filthy dog to get close to Miss Hua? What if her beauty gets tainted by your dog? You should put a leash on your dog," Chen Rongwei mocked.
 
"Chen Rongwei! How dare you insult Mr. Orion. Apologize to him immediately!" Liu Jian retorted.
 
Huh? Mr. Orion? He's not your guard? Chen Rongwei thought internally, rather surprised. "Apology? Hmph, why would I?" Chen Rongwei scoffed.
 
"Chen Rongwei, I can let you mock and insult me, but I won't let you run your foul mouth against Mr. Orion!" Liu Jian asserted.
 
"Hahaha, you don't need to be so agitated, Liu Jian. What makes him so special anyway? Is he your friend? Hahaha, well, I guess trash likes to gather with other trash. Hahaha!" Chen Rongwei laughed together with his followers, mistakenly assuming Orion to be a weak mortal getting close to Liu Jian for benefits.
 
"Chen Rongwei, you bastard!" Liu Jian exclaimed.
 
"And why is he wearing full-body armor like that from head to toe? I guess his face must be so ugly he needs to cover it up with a helmet. Hahaha!" Chen Rongwei continued to mock, joined by the laughter of his followers echoing in the background.
 
"..." Orion.
 
"You dog, stay away from Miss Hua. You should know your place, how dare an ugly dog like you get close to Miss Hua. Don't let your filthy body touch her; it will damage her beauty. Wuahahaha!" Chen Rongwei added, continuing his offensive remarks.
 
"Chen Rongwei, you better shut your mouth, or I will shut it for you!" Liu Jian warned.
 
"You can try," Chen Rongwei sneered. "Anyway, rather than following Liu Jian, why don't you follow me instead? If you do well, then I will reward you handsomely. Why don't you come here and lick my feet, and I will accept you as my underling? How about that?" Chen Rongwei smiled evilly.
 
"Come, dog, quickly lick my feet before I change my mind," Chen Rongwei sneered.
 
Previously, Orion had been quietly observing the interaction between Chen Rongwei, Hua Meiying, and Liu Jian, finding it quite amusing and interesting. From Orion's perspective, Chen Rongwei embodied the stereotypical arrogant young master often found in Earth cultivation novels, whose sole purpose of existence is to serve as a whetstone and stepping stone for the protagonist.
 
Orion wondered if Liu Jian is a protagonist in his own right and whether he would use Chen Rongwei as his stepping stone. Excited about the unfolding drama, Orion anticipated future developments. However, unexpectedly, Orion found itself caught in the crossfire and dragged into the mess created by Chen Rongwei.
 
Chen Rongwei persisted in insulting and provoking Orion. Faced with the decision of whether to stay silent or respond, Orion contemplated the nature of troublemaker arrogant young masters. In Orion's knowledge, such individuals tended to create endless problems, and defeating or even killing them only led to more problems.
 
You kill the young one, and the old one will come; you kill the old one, and an even older one will come. If you kill the older one, the oldest will come. Usually, even their ancestors that have already ascended can show up. Truly troublesome. Whether this world followed the same pattern was uncertain, but Orion deemed it wise to be cautious.
 
Despite Orion's hesitation, Chen Rongwei continued the insults without pause. In response, Orion made a firm internal decision. Very well, you want to play? Then I will accompany you to the end. If the Chen family becomes an enemy, I won't hesitate to send them to the afterlife, Orion resolved within itself. With Orion's current condition, although the chance of defeating the Chen family is low but it's not zero. Orion is confident that it can continue to get stronger at a relatively fast rate.
 
Within Orion's AI system:
> Modifying AI module.
> Developed: Advanced Insult Protocol.
 
"I wonder why the air smells so foul suddenly. Turns out, a pile of shit just rolled across the streets, surrounded by flies. Truly disgusting," Orion remarked.
 
"And to think that this pile of shit even has a name – Chen Rongwei. Truly laughable," Orion continued.
 
Chen Rongwei and his followers, Liu Jian, Hua Meiying, and the onlookers were left speechless and surprised by Orion's counterattack. Who would have known that the seemingly quiet person could utter such words?
 
"What the fuck did you just fucking say, you bastard?!" Chen Rongwei gritted his teeth, veins popping up on his forehead.
 
"Didn't I already say that you smell terrible? You should shut your rotten mouth. Both the smells and your words are like a thousand-year-old fermented pile of shit, rotten as fuck," Orion retorted.
 
"Fuckin' bastard, how dare you talk like that to me? Do you even know who you are talking to? Who do you think you are? You will fucking regret it, bastard!" Chen Rongwei exclaimed.
 
"Why won't I dare? You can insult others, but others can't insult you? Why would I care who you are? You are just shit. And do you also know who I am?" Orion retorted.
 
"Hmph... good, very good. I am Chen Rongwei, the second young master of the Chen family. And who are you, and what is your background that makes you dare to speak to me like that? Let's see if it can compare to the Chen family. Having only the Liu family as your backer won't be enough to save yourself," Chen Rongwei declared.
 
"I am Orion, and you don't deserve to know about my background," Orion replied.
 
"Hmph, just a fucking nobody dares to offend me? Seeking death! I will break all your limbs, cut out your tongue, and beat you to death, you fuckin' dog!" Chen Rongwei threatened. He believed Orion to be just a nobody with no strong background, assuming that's why Orion didn't dare to expose his own background.
 
"Second Young Master Chen, there is no need to dirty your own hands. Let me beat this dog for you. I am going to teach him a lesson for insulting you," one of his lackeys, eager to impress, suggested. He happened to be the weakest among Chen Rongwei's followers.
 
"Make sure to make it as painful as possible," Chen Rongwei ordered, his red eyes and visible veins on his forehead showing his anger.
 
"Definitely," the lackey grinned. He then walked towards Orion, an evil smile on his face. "You better apologize to Second Young Master Chen immediately, kowtow, and beg for his forgiveness, or else I will beat you up," he threatened, clenching his fist menacingly.
 
"Like hell I will let you do that..." Liu Jian began, about to move forward and face Chen Rongwei lackey but was stopped by Orion.
 
"There is no need for you to take action. I will teach them a lesson personally," Orion said, blocking Liu Jian with one of its arms.
 
"Yes, Mr. Orion," Liu Jian responded, very confident that if Orion himself were to make a move, then Chen Rongwei and his group would be easily defeated. He was also expectant and excited to witness Orion's true strength.
 
This will be interesting, Hua Meiying thought internally, with a smile on her face.
 
The onlookers had already moved far away and watched from a distance, not wanting to get involved in the conflict.
 
Seeing that the helmeted man didn't plan to apologize and intended to fight instead, the lackey laughed, "Hahaha, you really don't know the difference between heaven and earth, just a mere mortal. Do you think you can fight me?"
 
"Quit yapping around, and come, Fly No. 1," Orion retorted.
 
"Who the hell are you calling fly, you bastard? Take this!" Fly No. 1 launched a fist attack using his right arm. He didn't use any combat techniques or utilize any Qi because there was no need. As a 4th stage of the Qi Condensation realm cultivator, it would be more than enough to use his bare fist against a mortal.
 
His fist moved swiftly toward Orion's helmet, and he could already imagine how Orion's helmet would be smashed by his punch.
7