Apocalypse.
222 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a day like every other before. Wake up do a basic hygiene, eat some food go to work. During this chaos i called morning often i wondered if this is how it should be.

Is this really all life is about?

Even then I always did the same. Went to work.

Money is important afterall.

What is wrong about my life you ask? Well nothing, if your dream job is being a loser in a grocery store.

Boredom is the only thing that is my company. And sometimes my only friend. Jacob.

I swear to god if I didn’t have Jacob i would be already done with this life. I suppose pc games and movies also helps.

Anyways I did my job. And was on my way home. It was a nice night. No clouds or smog.

Stars are awesome when you can actually see them.

Phone went off. It was no other than Jacob

Yo Adam, whats up?

Yo mate its good, but could be better. How are you?

By his tone in the phone I already knew something is up, but greeting that dude is always my priority.

Its good too. I just need to tell you something important. And stop being such a downer.

Well I aint exactly walking bag of happiness but still he was right.

 Yeah? And what is it?

I think it would be better to tell you in person but unfortunately that’s not really possible. Shit. Man im moving. I got really good job offer and its gona be out of states and well I took it.

I think my hearth stopped for a second there because I felt really bad. But knew I had to fake that im okay.

Maybe it will be better that way.  I just hope im strong enough to not act pathetic.

Im really glad Jacob. That’s awesome. When are you going to move?

I asked but I already knew. If he cant meet me its propably because he is already moving. Well asking never hurts.

Oh my man im already on the way. I would be smacking you on your back if i was still there and telling you in person. Shit went fast, real fast. I didn’t really have time to do anything except accept.

I wonder what kind of job would he take on the spot, it had to be some good shit, well he was always very ambitious, propably partnership of some sorts.

What is it that made you jump so fast man? You aint one happy go lucky man and wouldn’t throw all your life and work so far for some clouds and dreams

There is no way he would risk anything, I know him too well for that.

It’s a secret. I cant really say my man. Im sorry. But its really good and maybe I will be able to set up something for you too. So don’t get all depressed and pissed on me.

What the fuck? Secret? No way he is just bullshiting me like always. Cant say I didn’t expected that.

Anyways have to end the call mate. Hopefully I will call you really soon. For now take care Adam.

The call was ended as abrubtly as it started. I wanted to cry because my only friend went to god knows where. But was propably too tired to even think, so I just went home to my little apartment and had a shower then went to sleep.

 

In middle of night I woke up.

What is this feeling? What is happening?

My entire body hair was standing up and I was starting to sweat very heavily as if I had a nightmare. The only problem was that I had no dreams. I went to grab some glass with water and suddenly it was very bright considering it was in middle of night.

Is this a street light?

Before I reached the windows I felt as my body was heating up insanely fast and then blacked out. Last thoughts I remember were really brief moments of sadness and anger. And then it was all black. Nothing than black. Black in black would be more accurate. Somehow I was starting to gain consciousness once again. Even as nothing and it felt weird.

Is this how death feels like?

 

4