Insecto.
184 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dungeon Insecto that’s the name of my last place is what was on my mind. Terrible news that I expected the second I stepped in that place and found out the grass behind me again.

Why me? Why am I so unlucky. Freaking all the time out of luck.

Desperate is probably the only word to describe my whole situation and the fact that I just destroyed my only weapon didn’t really help either.

How the hell am I even strong enough to be capable of this? Did the level up bring some bonuses, I thought that I have to somehow spend the points and i didn’t do that yet….

Well at least after I remembered that I didn’t spend any points from level ups I have started to see some light in this situation. Obviously I would start spamming points into intelligence, but because this is really grave situation I really didn’t have that luxury. I wanted to make sure I use my points as efficiently as possible so I started with a huge brainstorm.

Alright so first things first, I need to find a way how to put my stats into use. Lets try some voice commands.

Hey box! Add one point in strength!

Do you wish to proceed with adding one strength point ?

No!

The box stayed silent after I refused. Good thing I know now how stupidly easy it is.

At least something is not insane in this world.

Alright so with that in mind now.. how do I add these points ? I should be at 21 if I am correct. Maybe I can ask? But I doubt its gonna be that convenient.

Hey box! How many unused stats points do I currently have?

As I expected the box didn’t answer at all and it pissed me off greatly but I calmed myself down and started to try to correctly calculate.

Alright if I remember correctly the stats should be increasing three times more the level minus one for level one? Maybe we got tree extra points unused at the start but I am gonna expect less points because that’s for sure. From what I noticed the God would always chose the worse and hardest choice for us. Well granted we had base stats and didn’t start at zero so we can be happy we had five starting stats at least.

Counting everything carefully and including my achievements, I had some points I didn’t even had any clue how to use but I should be at two at every stat and twenty one unused stat points. So with that in mind I decided that I should get as many stats thresholds as possible in strength and endurance.

Wait a second. Would a two stat strength be able to do this with the katana? I don’t think that’s just possible. So maybe I have some more stats? Where do they come out ? Hmm…? Class? That has to be it.

The box said some things but I don’t really remember everything because I was blacking out at the time…. But the one thing I heard was tree hundred mana was taken from me ? How?

I tried to think of anything possible to explain that but I wasn’t really sure.

I remember everything out of tutorial perfectly. One hundred should be the base mana and health. How can the world or anything take so much out of me when I didn’t even have that?

I was always good in school and math was my favorite thing if we exclude games. So I didn’t understand how it was possible. But after ten minutes I figured out what happened.

Okay so I had level one. And jumped several levels, but in every game I know… you wont get stats before you level up. So I have to act as if that didn’t happen at all.

Level one, hundred of each health or mana….no wait? That’s where the class comes in? I did have level one but the classes give level up bonuses!!! That’s it! So my class has to give me something. Because that one level still counts!

After some more brainstorm I pretty much figured that I had to have at least one hundred extra mana and that still was half baked because I needed to have at least three hundred since that’s what the box said.

Maybe there is something else going on? I vaguely remember it even said that its taking health from me? Yea it took hundred health too… ???

The more I thought about all that, the more confused I had become.

Screw you God!!! That’s what we get for not having status screen jeez!!

So not only should’ve been dead… I also had no mana to give. But then I realized it. It exchanged health for mana.

That’s it!! Its probably something the gravedigger can do? I remember something about focus on strength, endurance and mana!! Yeah!!

With that I managed to puzzle everything together and realized that my stats were different as well!!

So I am at ten strength? Also ten endurance and rest is at two… and then I should be at nine hundred health and nine hundred mana as well!!! That’s freaking insane.

The reasoning was simple… I believed that one stat point is the average human being as a whole at least back on Earth. So having the possibility to survive something that would kill nine people or be as strong and resilient as ten people made me smile.

Alright I know what I have to do now. Stat stacking! For now ill go full strength and then when I can I switch over to full intelligence. Yes! That’s probably the best for now!!

Box! Add twenty one points into strength!

Do you wish to proceed with adding twenty one strength points?

Yes!

Appropriate changes to status took place.

All happy that I am currently as strong as thirty one people I didn’t even notice the danger right next to me.

Your health decreased -50.

Current health 50.

 

Announcement
I am so sorry guys that it took me quite a bit of time to release a new chapter... i will try to be a bit more swift in the future. Also let me think what do you think about numbers in the novel. Do you want me to just write them as numbers or better to do full words? Thanks :) 
2