Forever Nightmare
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Honey, could you get me a drink? I... I feel so weak." Thalia pleaded beside me, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Of course, my love." My hand lifted to offer her requested drink, but strangely, every muscle and joint in my body refused to move.

"Dar... ling?" Thalia now looked at me with a worried expression, signaling for me to look around at the rest of the pack.

It turned out that it wasn't just me and Thalia experiencing paralysis. The music played on its own, the DJ sat motionless in his seat. The same went for everyone else.

At that moment, the terror arose. The howling of hundreds of wolves could be heard from a nearby distance.

"Nooo! We're going to die tonight!!" The voices of panicked people filled the air, powerless to move.

"Damn it! I didn't expect our meal tonight to be tainted with Wolfsbane. This must be a new concoction because my wolf's nose couldn't detect it at all.

Who? Who would betray us like this?

The sound of the pack's footsteps seemed to shake the ground and draw nearer.

No! I can't let anything happen to Thalia and our unborn child! Aargh! I tried to move my limbs with all my strength, but no matter how hard I tried, I remained immobilized.

"Ezekiel..." Thalia's gentle and worried voice made me curse the Moon.

"No... No... We'll be okay, my love. Stay with me and our unborn child."

"Ezekiel, promise me. Promise that you'll protect our child."

"No. No. You can't die."

"EZEKIEL! Promise me!" Thalia's shout through the mindlink startled me, and the nightmare unfolded.

***

"Darling, there's no need to try so hard to look beautiful. I can get jealous, you know." I kissed the top of my wife's head, which looked exceptionally stunning tonight. Her skin glowed, and her red lips were so sensual.

Her maroon satin dress cascaded like rainwater, enveloping her seductive curves. The high slit at the tail of the gown revealed her tantalizing thighs. My hand wanted to squeeze those supple legs, but Thalia's palm flicked me.

"No, my love, we're already running late. We've done it twice before this!"

The wolf inside me growled, unaware that I didn't want to take her away from this place with her heart-stirring appearance!

"You know I'll always be hungry when we're alone together. Can't we just cancel tonight's event and snuggle in bed without a single piece of clothing?" I teased her. My fingers traced the front of her dress, heading towards the cleavage.

"Ezekiel, you're not a teenager who can skip school at will. You're the Alpha of this pack. The event won't proceed without your presence! Besides, this is a celebration for our future child. Behave a little more maturely!"

I pouted my lips playfully and rested my chin on the top of Thalia's head, causing her to giggle. She was truly beautiful, and I couldn't look away. In front of her, I could act like a pup, while outside, people recognized me as a commanding figure. Thalia shook her head as she looked at me.

Then, mischievously, an insane idea crossed my mind.

"I could order Vale to continue with the event first..." I suggested, intending to contact my Beta through the mind-link.

"Ezekiel! What kind of host are you? Besides, we need the prayers of the entire pack for our future child."

Thalia rubbed her large, protruding belly, oblivious to the fact that she looked even more alluring because of her pregnancy. She often complained about not being attractive due to her expanding body, not realizing that it was precisely her pregnancy that made her beauty shine.

Because, you know where all those pregnancy hormones go, right? To the right places... If I didn't remember how difficult her first few months of pregnancy were, I would keep getting her pregnant.

Once again, my wolf growled, unwilling to let other wolves lay eyes on her exquisite body.

A mind-link message requested permission to enter, from Vale, my Beta. I opened the channel.

"Alpha, I apologize for the interruption. The elders have all arrived, and we're just waiting for you and Luna."

The Beta, who was still relatively young compared to me, conveyed the message with hesitation. He had recently taken over as my second in command, replacing his father who used to be my close friend.

I always reassured myself that this awkwardness was just a matter of time, even though I deeply missed Verdi, who fell in battle against Kendrick last year.

"Yes, inform them that Luna and I will be there shortly."

"Very well, Alpha."

I then severed the mindlink connection with him. Thalia stroked my shoulder from behind.

"Everything will feel easier after this, it's just a matter of time... I miss Verdi too, but you have to give Vale a chance. He has been working hard to prove himself."

Ah, my mate had full access to the connected mindlink and the thoughts in my head. She was the only one who truly understood me without needing to speak. This entire bond felt effortless because of her.

"Yes, of course. Alright, are you ready, my love?"

I offered my hand to her, and she took it. She was slightly more dependent on me this time due to her pregnancy, which only made me more fond and happy. Because I vividly remembered how we first met on the battlefield.

She was a warrior, a Beta from the Radiance Pack.

After waiting for hundreds of years, I found her standing there in silence as the awareness of our strong bond entered our subconscious minds. Her jasmine-like scent tickled my nose gently, igniting an intoxicating desire.

"Mate," we said simultaneously as our gazes met in the midst of the battlefield.

Since then, we were inseparable and managed to bring peace to the two warring packs by forging a treaty and uniting them.

She, the lover I had awaited for three centuries, years filled with solitude and torment as my friends each found their soulmates while I waited with hopeful, compassionate heart for the arrival promised by the Moon Goddess, which seemed to take forever.

Thalia, my mate and also my Luna. All the waiting was finally worth it, more than deserving. Thank you, Moon Goddess, for your kindness.

The room, once filled with lively voices that echoed beyond the hall, fell into a hushed silence as Vale announced our arrival. As Thalia and I entered, every member of the pack stood up in a gesture of respect, acknowledging our presence. Thalia's eyes sparkled with admiration as she took in the breathtaking decor, adorned with an array of fresh flowers, while the ceiling seemed to shimmer with countless stars. She exchanged a warm smile and a thumbs-up with Elara, who responded with a nod of reverence.

 

Ensuring Thalia's comfort, I guided her to our elevated chairs placed beside the elders. Taking my seat beside her, I could feel the anticipation radiating from the pack members, eagerly awaiting the evening's festivities. Once we were settled, the pack resumed their seats, awaiting the next announcement.

 

Vale, a young beta who had recently taken over his father's position and still carried traces of uncertainty, stepped forward to address the gathering. His voice carried a mix of reverence and determination.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, as part of tonight's agenda, we come together to offer our heartfelt prayers and blessings for our beloved Luna and the precious life she carries within. Let us stand together, unified in our devotion, and send our intentions to the Moon Goddess, beseeching her grace and protection upon Luna and her unborn child."

 

In response to Vale's words, the entire pack rose from their seats, their hands instinctively reaching toward the heavens. The air filled with a collective murmur as they spoke ancient incantations, invoking the blessings of the Moon Goddess upon us. I closed my eyes, embracing the connection between the pack and the divine energy that enveloped us all.

 

As the prayers concluded, Vale motioned for everyone to take their seats once more, and the room buzzed with anticipation. It was now my turn to address the assembly.

 

"Hm... A party wouldn't be enjoyable on an empty stomach. Bring out the feast!" I commanded, and the crowd cheered in delight.

 

The servers emerged, carrying large trays of food in an orderly manner and placing them on long tables for the pack members. Roasted pork with glistening fat tantalised our taste buds.

 

They also prepared our meals, making them genuinely festive. The party continued as the DJ started playing upbeat music, and the elders chuckled, seeing the young ones hit the dance floor and immerse themselves in the celebration. Thalia and I exchanged glances; my gaze never shifted from her.

 

Her hand, always intertwined with mine and continuously kissed, made her laugh happily. She was truly beautiful and so alluring at the same time.

 

My hand slipped down to her exposed thigh due to the lowered slit of her dress. Her smooth skin met my rough palm, causing Thalia to startle.

 

"Eze!" she protested, nudging my hand irritably. I chuckled, having successfully teased her. The main course was served to us—a whole roasted pig on a spit, basted with butter, emanating an incredibly enticing aroma.

 

After the first bite, I heard a clatter of cutlery from Thalia beside me; she dropped her spoon. I glanced up, observing my mate.

 

She frowned and asked for help to get a drink. That's when I realised something was wrong because both of our bodies were stiff and immovable.

 

The horror continued as I caught the scent of another pack carried by the wind, followed by the sound of hundreds of quadrupeds approaching our party location.

1