Chapter 8 – Phase Three: Survival – Part 2
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Group D entered through the so-called ‘corner entrance’ since the door was literally built in the inner corner of the building. This section contains many examination rooms and laboratories where the doctors and scientists that worked here in the past century conducted various experiments on the unfortunate patients that lived here, all under government protection. Discretion and funding was guaranteed all thanks to a secret agreement signed between the Ministry of Healthcare with the independent research facility of “Medes”, which has since been disbanded due to unethical experimentations on fellow human beings. Did it stop these types of experiments? Of course it didn’t, in fact, it only made it worse now that all these free-thinkers and scientists have to work in silence and study extensively on how to stay under the public radar.

The groupies lurk around the sanatorium, all trying to find a good position to hide. When the horn ringed, instead of fighting amongst themselves, the all agreed to group up. If they stick together and kill everyone else, then they could be the last remaining ten competitors. But they all knew that wouldn’t be the case.

Soon enough, shouts, screams and loud cracking noises started to echo through the empty sanatorium and asylum building. There was already so much killing and it only got worse when they arrived.

Half of the prisoners, ten of them, stumbled upon Group D and they all looked like they imagined they would but worse. Dirty, tattooed, nasty and highly dangerous, they lunged forward and a massacre erupted. Wayne and Izzy retreated back while the other 8 competitors were slaughtered but they managed to kill half of the prisoners. Now the remaining the five went after the last two competitors.

“Think you can handle these guys, kid?” Wayne asked as he lit up a cigar and started smoking it.

“Heh, you bet old man. In fact, I’ll kill more of these creeps than you.” The tomboyish girl giggled as she pounced around again, spinning and twisting which caused Wayne to get a minor migraine from her bunny-hopping around.

“Oh really?”

“Yeah really. Wanna bet?”

“Bet in what?”

“A cigar. You have more of them don’t you old guy?”

“Yeah I do but you’re too young for this. How old are you anyway?”

“I’m 15 but kids half my age smoke. I just want to try one cigar and see if it’s good for me or not.”

Wayne gasps as he spits on the ground.

“What in the name of the Saint is a twerp like you doing here then? You shouldn’t be smoking, let alone fighting here with us elders.”

“Hey, that’s rude and disrespectful. I’ll decide myself about the first thing and for the second, well, because it’s fun! Now do I have your word old man?” Izzy finally calmed herself down and stopped in one place, right in front of Wayne. He was easily twice her size and her extended hand felt like a pencil compared to his large stature.

“Fine brat, let’s see what you got then.” Wayne chuckles as he finishes his cigar and lights up another. He also gives the girl a high five causing her to jump up and down in an annoying teenager way.

The five prisoners arrive. They all have a pentagram and some other runes engraved and tattooed on their bodies. Their orange prison jumpsuits are damaged, dirty and sweaty. Grinning as each of them holds a switchblade, they step over the corpses of the first battle and start running towards the duo.

“The best defense is a good offense!” Izzy cheers on as she presses a button on her shoes which causes them to slightly change into rollerbladers instead, causing Wayne to raise his eyebrows. Has technology gone too far?

Starting on ahead, Izzy skates and slides her way through the ruined hall and as she gains momentum and her velocity increases, she faces two prisoners but instead of crashing against them as they await with their weapons at the ready, she goes to the right and slides against the wall sideways, surprising them both and using this moment of distraction to kick away from the wall and in a spinning double kick both cut off the ear of one of the prisoners and to twist the other guy’s neck in a circular motion. The guy with the broken neck drops down dead while the other grunts in pain as his eyes are beaming with humiliation.

“Wahoo! That’s one!” Izzy giggles as she turns around and goes for the wounded goon now. The earless guy grabs the switchblade from his fallen comrade and instead of waiting like last time, he runs forward and sticks his blades in front of him. However, to his dismayal, Izzy doesn’t cling to the walls again but goes straight for the thug, jumping up just before his blades could connect with her body by stretching her legs wide and pressing the left side of her shoes, which causes the four small wheels of rollerblades to change into two razor-sharp blades. Once in the air and just above the prisoner, she connects her legs in front of her and then with with a downwards slash splits opens the poor guy’s head, causing it to wiggle around like a botched apple slice. That’s two down now.

“I got some blood on me but I won, that’s what matters.” Izzy hops around as she switches back from the sharp blades to her rollerblades. She rolls through the hall, looking from room to room, office to office, but she can’t find the other three guys. If she can kill one more, she’ll win her bet over the cowboy dude.

Izzy returns back to the intern doctor’s office but there is only Wayne there.

“Yo.” He waves at her as he’s, unsurprisingly, smoking.

“Have you killed the other three guys?”

“No I haven’t, they kinda dissappeared when you offed those two grunts. That was pretty cool by the way.”

“Yeah I know, now where would they be hiding? And why would they, is the better question. Are prison gang members really that much scared of a little girl on rollerblades and some old cowboy?”

“Hey now, I’m not old. I ain’t even 40 yet.”

“Even 40? Yet? That’s pretty much old my dude. Everything above 30 is old, that’s why I’m only at the half of my youth and the best years of my life are still ahead of me.” Izzy does a little dancing around with her rollers as she tries to taunt Wayne but he doesn’t seem bothered by it. He just shakes his head as he looks around.

A moment of carelessness is the first step to death and ever moreso in situations like these. A flying small blade grazes Izzy’s right shoulder as she dances around, causing her to wimper, and stop dead in her tracks. A small trail of blood starts to flow out of her little wound on her pale skinny arm.

“Ouch! Hey, that’s not cool! I’m practicing here!” Izzy scoffs as she lunges forward into the large hall and locates the intruders. The guy is grinning, showing his jagged teeth and raising his hands up.

“Damn, I missed and I’m helpless, that means you have to come and finish me off.” He says in a mocking voice as an attempt to lure her in but Izzy isn’t that naive. She reaches back into her small backpack which is in the shape of a small white bunny with ears and paws and pulls out a slingshot made of metal and a small metal ball. The prisoner squints his eyes but Izzy doesn’t waste a moment as she charges up the slingshot and fires the projectile, aiming at the guy’s chest. She hits the left side of his chest, carving a small hole through his heart and after a few seconds, the guy falls down.

“Now that was a trick shot.” Izzy pumps her fist in the air triumphantly as she goes on ahead to retrieve her small metal ball.

“Wait kid, it’s a trap.” Wayne rushes out of the room into the hall but it’s too late. From Izzy’s blind spot, to her left side, the fourth prisoner tackles her to the ground easily, his massive frame casting a large shadow over her. As she falls down, the thug goes in to finish her off but a sudden whipping sound alerts him to his back but it’s over for him now; Wayne wraps the end of his lasso around the thug’s neck and pulls him to him. As the thug reaches Wayne’s range, the cowboy strikes him heavily with his left elbow, breaking his jaw and knocking out six of his teeth.

“What the...grh...damn...” The prisoner attempts to comprehend what had happened but Wayne kicks him to the ground and mercilessly stomps on his exposed neck, mangling him beyond recognition, killing him instantly. The fifth thug attempts to kill the knocked-down Izzy but Wayne expressly unties the lasso around his victim and then whips it forward, latching around the last prisoner’s knees and with a sprint forward, he bend his knees swiftly backwards at an unnatural angle, breaking them both. The poor guy screams, but Wayne quickly retraces and punches him in the back of his head with all the might from his right fist, decapitating him and lauching his severed head forward several meters.

“You stupid little girl, you would have died, if it wasn’t for me.” Wayne narrows his eyes as he puts his lasso back under his jacket and helps Izzy up her feet. She stumbles momentarily but is well stable only a short time after.

“Sowwy cowboy sir. I got too excited.” Izzy puts on her puppy eyes facade under her blue and yellow eyes, since she has heterochromia. She puts back her slingshot and cleans up the blood and human meat from her projectile as she puts it back in her backpack.

Wayne chuckles as he lights up two cigars and puts on his lips while he hands the other to Izzy. She looks at him while gasping.

“Huh?”

“Come on pick it up brat. You won the bet.”

“The bet? What bet?”

“The bet where you said you could kill more prisoners than me, you little dumbass. And the deal was that if you won, you’d get a cigar from me so you can try out smoking for the first time in your life. Do you get it now?”

Izzy thinks for a while but then wheezes as she slaps her cheeks with both of her palms.

“Of course, now I remember, silly me! Now give me that.” She grabs the still-burning cigar from Wayne’s hand and puts it in her mouth and inhales a long smoke. But then she spits it out in disgust as she throws down the cigar as she starts stomping on it violently.

“Ew! This freaking sucks! Disgusting! Responsive!”

“Uh, you mean repulsive?”

“Yeah, that too. How can you smoke this crap and inhale it in your lungs?”

“Well, it’s when you become an adult human being and all the shit you have lived through now piles up and then you need something to calm down your nerves. You’ll get it when you’re older kid.”

“I will?”

“Yeah I promise.”

“So what now? Do we have to fight one another as the only survivors?”

“Technically, we could but it would end with your death and I don’t want to become a Ranger by being a child murderer so, I suggest we wait for the other eight survivors so we can join them, whaddya say?”

Izzy scratches her chin, pondering like a true ancient philosopher would. But deep down, she knows the answer. If they really fought, she’d get obliterated by this cowboy guy and that would be rude especially since he just saved her life.

“Okie dokie, big guy. Let’s wait but if someone attacks us, we’d strike back right?” Izzy pouts her lips as she practices by boxing the air around her.

“Of course kiddo, don’t even doubt it.”

A new NPC has entered the game!

- Player Information -

First Name – Wayne

Middle Name – Billy Bob

Last Name – Bradshaw

Gender - Male

Birthday – September 12th

Age – 36

Blood Type - A-

Species – Human

Skin Color – Fair

Height – 190 cm

Weight – 110 kg

Hair Color – Light brown

Hair Style – Medium and wavy, with a mullet

Eye Color – Green

Facial Hair – One week stubble

Facial Hair Color – Light brown

Clothing Style – Typical cowboy attire, including a wide hat, a white buttoned-up shirt that is tucked inside his pants with a brown leather vest over it, brown leather pants with an uneven belt which holds his lasso and rope, brown leather boots with spurs

Unique Body Features – Wide jaw

Relationships - ?

- Stats -

Strength – 60

Speed – 30

Dexterity – 30

Agility – 30

Intelligence – 40

Ike Knowledge – 0

Willpower – 40

Endurance – 50

Unarmed Combat – 40

Armed Combat – 40

Aura Color - None

A new NPC has entered the game!

- Player Information -

First Name – ?

Nickname – Izzy

Last Name – ?

Gender - Female

Birthday – May 29th

Age – 15

Blood Type - B+

Species – Human

Skin Color – Fair

Height – 150 cm

Weight – 40 kg

Hair Color – Light green

Hair Style – Large pigtails

Eye Color – Right blue, left yellow

Facial Hair – None

Facial Hair Color – None

Clothing Style – Pink leggings with a green shorts over them, pink sneakers that can transform into rollerbladers, a green T-shirt with an image of a cute pink bear on it

Unique Body Features – Heterochromia

Relationships - ?

- Stats -

Strength – 10

Speed – 35

Dexterity – 40

Agility – 50

Intelligence – 30

Ike Knowledge – 0

Willpower – 30

Endurance – 15

Unarmed Combat – 30

Armed Combat – 40

Aura Color - None

0