Preface + Notes
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This story, The Heart Dove, contains adult themes. In order to avoid spoiling, I will put a Content Warning before each chapter that requires it. The Heart Dove can get dark, so please be mindful. Overall CW for gore, child abuse, and body horror. As of now, THD is planned for at least 80 chapters, if not more. This page will be updated with information as I go along. It is marked BL, but it is not the main point of the story. It's just a story with characters on the LGBT spectrum. It mainly focuses on my main character, and his ultimate goal: the goal to become human once more and turn his back on the God he's forged a contract with. Unfortunately for him, multiple Gods have their own opinion of him, and some even want to take him under their wing.

NOTES:

-This is mostly Libum's story, but there will be POV changes between some, but not all, of the characters.  I have one plot planned (can be seen as a Book 1) that works into the main, overall conflict (Book 2). 

- One of the main characters is an androgynous character with no definite gender until the end. This character goes by they/them pronouns for most of the story. There will also be characters that are seen as both male and female, due to the way the Gods are written. 

-This story is based loosely around Filipino mythology and folklore, meaning some elements, words, and sayings are said and believed in parts of the Philippines. However, a lot of the story is just my own personal imagination. I mean no offense nor do I mean to imply that the Philippines are a monolith when it comes to this story. There are thousands of islands with their own stories and myths. This is my own imaginative world.

-The characters care for each other, just in different ways than they're used to. For that reason, the romance will be a slowburn--and it is not exactly the main plot point. But there will be plenty of sweet moments. It is a semi-happy ending for the main character, depending on what you may personally think and despite how hopeless it may get in future chapters.

-Most, if not all characters, have an important past and have their own role to play. It is a domino effect. 

-There will be a plot, MUCH LATER, in the story, about love between two women. With that said, there are five relationships in total on the LGBT spectrum. 

The art for the story was commissioned and drawn by @blubird_o on Instagram. Please check them out!

Finally, I hope you enjoy it. It has been an idea in the back of my head for the last two years, and I hope you're able to care for Libum's story, and him as a character, like I've grown to. 

1