Chapter 1 – Ground Floor
40 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Building my new body is strange, I am much smaller even with me being a dungeon my current form feels confining, 403 metres (1322 foot) in radius is a lot of territory under my direct control along with additional metres of blurry vision outside but it simply cannot compare to being everything for multiple universes around. Memories float by of creating stars from my mere thoughts, and here I float as an eye ball.

Thinking about my current predicament is strange as I have a new chance at life, instead of being confined like The Dark but at what cost? The answer to this question comes quickly, ‘Why question life when I can simply live it,’ this thought comes much quicker than the rest of my thoughts as an eye ball. Partially I believe that this is caused by the System as it has compartmentalised all my knowledge, I might be the creator of the system but that same knowledge without my main body causes me to think for far too long as even my spoken words inside of my head have to be found and compared between all that exists and could ever exist.

Life under the System that I created is very simple, my main body is back to doing my thinking no matter the distance and the separation in mentality enforced by my non-bias measures, to allow both monsters and sentients of the New Gods to be able to use power freely and without bias.

‘So why did they hate me for wanting to give them immortality? Surely it was just the corruption of the New Gods that forced those below them to fall in line? Was it the fault of those charm and enslavement magics that I let anyone learn? Maybe it were all those people born in power unions to make the ultimate New God that hated me for creating a system that allowed for the perfect offspring and they were simply lesser? Maybe I should stop thinking?’

The day had turned to night but nothing changed in my view, the sun always shone like I had wanted it to for all of eternity, ‘truly Dungeon Cores got the best of my eternal blessings and whoever disagrees must be quite the spiteful individual, immortality and eternal day should be shared to all.’

Looking around my new domain far smaller than the universe I used to govern made me think of what can be done. I was in a forest and my floating eye in the darkness saw a lot of creatures that were within my territory, but I only got the bear blue print naturally which was because of a dead bear inside of a cave, an arrow through its skull and the lack of fur on the creature suggested the cause of death to be sentient related.

Instead of focusing on my the morality of my thinking or the fact that there might be test subjects around to see what is wrong with my idealised world I decided to get accustomed to what my life is from now on, scouring the land showed that I was in a heavily wooded area with a variety of trees, although most of the trees were of two species. In the North there was a tree called Ash trees, which are supposed to provide food for a plethora of wild animals when they have berries, and everywhere else was oak, with no coniferous trees anywhere around me.

The lack of biodiversity did not really matter to me, as I was happy with one of the most durable woods around being there for me to scan and add to my ever growing list of patents, and I went crazy scanning everything. It would seem that the system did have issues with scanning creatures deemed insignificant, small spiders and caterpillars were not hard to find and scan but were not there initially, showing a flaw in an otherwise perfect system.

Thinking about what was broken I realised that the issue stemmed from biome packs, running my memories of the past when I was creating the System allowed me to see that I thought that dungeons should recreate realistic biomes, so all insignificant creatures were put as part of the decoration settings and passively appeared in a set biome rather than having to be spawned naturally.

This was deliberate as a field biome would never propagate itself without pollinators and would therefore need to be replaced every year rather than be passive.

 

This also explained why I could not get any other animal patents but I could get plant patents, all living creatures had a minimum spawning cost of 1 point, breaking any infinite point generators by spawning cheap insects and growing them. Plants are considered alive but give no points for killing them for the same reasons, as I did not believe that dungeons should become resource generators even if they still were turned into them by the monsters and humans.

Looking around at the forest made me realise that after scanning everything a side feature of my system should come online, it wasn’t anything mind breaking but it helped with preventing farming of dungeons. If a dungeon got enough resources or patents of a certain type, in this case being deciduous forest biome patents then the odds of getting more of the same patents decreases in draws, this would obviously allow diversity in a dungeon and prevent farming by adding randomness.

I decided against creating the bears to hunt down any creatures not considered decorations as the sun was rising and I would never be done at this rate, opening my menu and selecting the 250 point starter pack I was ready to gamble.

*Click click click…

The gambling wheel was spun and it created a clicking sound as it passed each item available, it might be hard to distinguish but my earlier exploits had made one of the biome choices smaller and there was a faster click at certain intervals, hearing the wheel slow down was stressful but entertaining.

For a small fee of 250 points the random pack would give 2 guaranteed uncommon rarity patents and 3 common rarity patents, giving away 450 points for free.

With the clicking stopping I was excited, although the sounds were getting close to the smaller biome I could not wait for my five patents.

Once the wheel stopped just shy of the quick click I got an answer from the system.

[ Congratulations on being given plains biome pack

Contains: Goblin (uncommon), wheat (common), clay (common), honey (common), bear (uncommon) ]

‘wait, somethings not right here, how come there’s a bear in my drop?’

[ Bear (uncommon) patent already possessed. Transferring to variable token for bear instead… Transfer complete, enjoy variable token for bear. ]

Anyway, when ignoring the stupid double patent I was quite happy with the results since even among the common patents there are things better than others with one of those being honey. Wheat also has a lot of uses for drawing in prey to die in the dungeon to creating roofing for simple huts, even clay is useful for pottery which can later be given away as rewards for dungeon completion, but still nothing compares to honey as a dungeon reward. Not only does honey work for rewards, it also works for traps, as well as attracting more patents.

While I am thinking of the things I just got I think about my variable token, creatures can have variations and this token allows me to create such a creature, rather than levelling up my creature I can alternatively change what it does and make it more deadly at no additional cost. Some variations have a minimum level for the variation like a goblin shaman must be level one rather than level 0 like all other goblins, with dungeons gaining variation tokens for every 10 kills with a patent. Which is why my level one bears would be swimming in tokens very soon.

Thinking about what I should do now is quite simple, using a few scanned bushes in my patents and weeds that are extremely cheap I proceed to make a maze 3 metres (10 foot) tall around my core to stop humans from just walking through, although a sufficiently strong human can walk through or jump over it. However in such a scenario I would not be alive for long to think of counter measures.

With something between myself and the world I decide to extend the safety by making a first floor underground, it is nothing but a small chamber however it will do while I start making the ground floor more presentable. Working on removing trees from around my maze in order to attract adventurers, but still leaving most of the ash trees up North and leaving a ring of trees around my dungeon in order to allow a false sense of security for adventurers.

While it is possible for monsters to chase people outside of the dungeon, I can not see or hear them when they are out of my dungeon range, so a false sense of security will be perfect on the unsuspecting victims.

I continue to think about my dungeon while working away on it with the new stone being able to expand the bear cave into something larger and deeper underground, with the ability to cut into my first floor.

 


 

In a city close to a large mountain range, inside of the adventurers guild and more specifically in a highly restricted area, on the desk of the guild master his compass start spinning for the first time in a long while, until finally pointing in a direction that is as true as always.

The elderly man stands from his seat, wearing a navy blue suit with a grey beard and hair that both have a streak of brown showing what once was. Green eyes stare down at the pointer no longer moving, until his large tanned hands reach down and move the compass from side to side, staring at how the pointer continues to show the way in a singular direction. A gruff voice answers the loyal pointer that has seen the man through thick and thin in his quest of reaching the end of multiple dungeons.

“I see, so my peace has come to an end. Mars, bless the warriors who seek to prove themselves.”

Staring at the wall and looking past it the man can only imagine how far away and what personality this dungeon may have, most of those questions are better left unanswered as the Lost Eye is a big fugitive.

 


 

Dungeon Core Status

[ Name: Lost Eye

Species: Dungeon Core

Kills – 0

Level - 1

Floors: 0

Points: 500

Gacha system: 50 points for common roll, gain anything common.

100 points for specific common roll, animal, plant, rock, cloth, weapon, armour (monsters and sentients off limits until uncommon.)

(X2 points cost for uncommon roll)

(X6 points cost for rare roll)

(Higher Rarity unavailable due to low dungeon level)

Blue prints

Items - divine slaying bolt (10,000 points)

Monsters - *Bear (20), Goblin (5)

Plants – Wheat ( 3 kg costs 1 point), Oak (each year is 1 point), Ash (each 2 years is 1 point), Thistle ( 3 kg costs 1 point), Expand >

Materials – Clay (2 kg costs 1 point), stone (1 kg costs 1 point), wood (Cost varies on type),

Biome – Forest, Plains

Expansions – Floor 2 (100) (Need level 2)

- Floor 1 (Build more)

- Floor 0, (Build upgrades ?) (Monster slots ?/10) (Trap slots ?/3)

Miscellaneous – Decorations (Cost varies on material, crafting is always perfect) (Can not make rare materials)(Can not make living creatures)

- Respawning loot (Has to be set up manually for each floor) ( cost is 50 x floor number) (Loot cannot exceed 20 + (30 x floor number)) (Every three hours spawns new loot)

- Respawning traps (80 percent of trap cost after placing trap) (removal costs 40 percent of trap cost) (Free rearming every hour unless floor is occupied, 20 percent trap cost to manually rearm)(To upgrade must have sufficient trap slots)

- Respawning monsters (80 percent of monster placed) (Removal is free)(To upgrade must have sufficient monster slots) (Each monster has different spawning timers)]

 


 

[ Map of dungeon Ground Floor ]

4