Chapter 1 A new shiny thing
128 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Izatoria Cormenagne.

I consider myself an  extraordinary individual.  

I'm currently living with my older brother, "Rook". 22 years old.


I specialize in a field of magic, called Magic Systemization.


It deals with the mechanics and functions of arcane tools.

It is often linked with Arcane engineering , which is mostly the similar.

I mostly spend my time by staying on my phone, taking really long baths and doing what I do best.

My older bother owns the house I am currently staying in.

He managed to purchase it back when he was seemingly determined about raiding dungeons and doing other jobs.

I heard his obsession with raiding dungeons was enough to get him quite a very massive sum of money.

The income he got from his other jobs, however, has never been mentioned ever. 

The reason why I'm staying with him, is because of a fight I had with my parents.

It Involved me, apparently being required to inherit a family legacy...

I knew the cost for such a thing so I had to do so...

My brother's home is located in another kingdom, further away from where our parents are.

I was able to meet my brother after a long time of not showing his presence.

I was able to ask him of this and let me stay with him.

And now, here we are...

We already did every chore and got everything needed done.

But, it seems my brother has a problem that needed a solution.


"I need a new weapon."


Hm..? A new weapon? 


"Don't you still have that mithril long sword..?

Did it finally wear out?"


"No. I've just been thinking that... maybe I don't have a talent for swords.."


What? My brother... the same person the always argues with people for not having enough skill with bladed weapons..?


"Why...? Did something happen to you!?"


"Well, yes. I've been fighting insect type monsters, and I've noticed how annoying they've been lately.


"Have you been fighting Century Centipedes?"


"Not just them, the feeling of hitting them with a sword, has been unpleasant for a while now."


"Couldn't you just use sword aura or pile charge?"


"I can use both of those, however, my skills have been falling behind."


"Well, maybe because you've been using slingshots that you're starting to see your flaws more."


"Perhaps... shooting with a slingshot and then striking with a sword... every time I attempt to do so, I always lose momentum."


"Yes yes."


"My fighting style is very unique and definitely not similar to those of Father's."


"Oh."


"Maybe, since I have been fighting stronger enemies, barraging enemies with sword Skills haven't been working anymore...."


Mom has always said he liked doing that, because he had a better  mana circulation.


"Well, wasting mana is pretty annoying."


Oh, yeah, the quest I got at the guild...

I registered at an adventurer's guild a while ago.


"Hm? I forgot about that, do you want me to come with you?"


"No, it's fine."


"I hope you get good party members."

"You're saying those things again... I won't waste the trouble you took to teach me stuff about it." 

I made him face me and held his head to meet my eyes very closely.

"It's not like I'll make it an actual career, being an adventurer is pretty dangerous, after. And I still want to stay with you..."

I've been able to discover alot about him ever since he took me in.

He stared at me and, after a while, his face loosened.

"Fine, I'm glad to have a sister like you, blah blah blah."

I giggled towards his reply.

I really hope you don't forget...

1