Meet the nyto… wait, which one? [Prologue]
33 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Nyto(E.V.)-84VT8832]

[Type: Nyto black, Experimental Variant]

 

Paradeus outpost, [REDACTED]

The thuds of rushing boots, the occasional racket of the PA, and the repetitive alarm... that was what she was currently hearing from her post. Of course, she did not move, being placed there for the reason of eventually serving as a effort to stall the enemies causing this ruckus to begin with. Normally there would not be such a effort to ditch a base, but the threat the enemy posed alongside the collapse of command structure prompted such an action. The one currently holding this section of the outpost was none other than nyto, well, a nyto. She could refer to herself with her serial ID, but that would be a hassle. Her dull gray eyes jumped between the other members of her squad, although cannon fodder was more accurate, being an assortment of strelets, some rodeleros, grenadiers, with a single murat to help coordinate the others. Not exactly an army, but it would do in this corridor she was tasked with using as a chokepoint when the enemy eventually made their way in. 

She checked over her rifle once more, no flaws detected, good. The nyto was currently crouched behind a barricade that had been setup, aiming her rifle over the top at the end of the corridor, with the murat doing the same minus the aiming, as it was vulnerable in an fight. Right now, she was checking over her neural feed, mainly that of what was currently going on during the retreat, also running checks on her own systems and those of her minions. She'd rather not find a flaw during the eventual firefight, as that would be quite bad. As a failsafe, she had ordered her little bandwagon to plant explosives on structurally important areas of the corridor, which she would detonate if and when the time came. If they wanted to come down this hallway, they'd have to fight for it.

[Situation update: Enemy forces have broken through exterior defenses, interior defenses ready for engagement]

There was the expected "ping" over the communications. As she was basically on the second line of defenses, she would likely hear the enemy before they reached her location. Her minions, who were already prepping, took up their pre-assigned positions to greet the enemy as soon as they entered the chokepoint. Apart from the noises of guns being aimed, gear being primed, and the barely audible breathing, the corridor was dead silent as the Paradeus units waited to engage. The lights occasionally flicker with rumbles in the distance, mixed in with the sounds of firefights, but it did not seem to bother or affect the Paradeus units at all. Afterall, they were pretty much meant to fight in irradiated wastelands, so this was nothing. 

1