Chapter 1: The Peril of Xue’er (Part 1)
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Zi Yue woke up feeling excruciating pain throughout his body, as if every bone had been shattered, with an intense pain in his chest.

 

"Am I still alive?"

 

Feng Zi Yue instinctively opened his eyes. Despite having been blind for decades, the habit of opening his eyes upon waking up hadn't changed. Surprisingly, he could actually see things.

 

"Have my eyes recovered?" He was both shocked and delighted, but also filled with doubts. Clearly, he had activated the Great Heavenly Sensation Method, using his sword energy to perish together with the despicable Guan Zhong Liu. So where was he now?

 

Feng Zi Yue's gaze shifted to the furnishings in the room – the dim and worn-out furniture and bed, a copper incense burner on the eight immortals table emitting a gentle fragrance filled his nostrils.

 

All of this was incredibly familiar to him!

 

"This... this is..." He abruptly sat up, only to groan due to the severe pain he felt all over.

 

This was clearly the home of his youthful days when he was the sword god Feng Zi Yue!

 

Feng Zi Yue looked at the head of the bed in confusion. There were clearly a dozen marks carved there, records of the number of times he was bullied by his cousins in the Feng family. He had sworn to seek revenge, hence he etched the marks there. The wooden pole of the bed head had two spots worn smooth, the places he had gripped with both hands to exercise his frail body during his childhood. The position was exactly the same.

 

Frail arms, pale hands, and the slightly scared but handsome young face reflected in the mirror was undoubtedly his, but much younger than when he died. This was the thirteen or fourteen-year-old Feng Zi Yue, a youth who, although weak, was full of dreams and still had his most important family members with him.

 

Did his wish before death truly come true?

 

Had he really returned to his youthful days? Could the regrets from his glorious life be made up for?

 

Feng Zi Yue was ecstatic. He immediately circulated his mysterious energy, breathing in and out, and indeed, although weak, there was a flow of energy in his Dantian, a stark contrast to the complete lack of sensation decades later.

 

"I'm back!" Feng Zi Yue stood tall, tears welling up in his eyes.

 

Now, Feng Zi Yue had regained his sight, his arms were intact, and his meridians were unblocked. Although his body was weak and his cultivation negligible, what did it matter? He was young now and had time to make up for many things. Whether it was for himself, his family or his lover, with the sword in his hand, he would never let any accident happen again!

 

Moreover, Feng Zi Yue's mind still firmly remembered the world's first miraculous book – "Tai Xuan Sensation Chapter". If he started cultivating it now, his future achievements would certainly surpass the peak he reached in his previous life. The future was boundless!

 

Thinking of this, he couldn't help but burst into joyous laughter.

 

"Little Yue, are you awake?" A gentle female voice came from outside the door. Feng Zi Yue was stunned for a moment, then felt a warm current surge in his heart.

 

How many years had it been since someone called him that way?

 

The only person who would call him so gently was one person - Feng Zi Yue's mother, Chu Hong Yu, the mistress of the Feng family in Wu Yang city.

 

His mother had a unique background; she had eloped with his father to the Feng family many years ago and had never been accepted by the old master. The patriarch firmly denied the legitimacy of their marriage. As for Feng Zi Yue's father, the eldest son of the Feng family, Feng Bu Fan, he was a martial arts fanatic who didn't understand the finer points of romance. Several years ago, because of disagreements with the family, he proclaimed that he was leaving to explore the true essence of martial arts, and he hadn't returned since, not even sending any messages.

 

Within the Feng family, many considered Chu Hongyu to be the source of misfortune that led the young master to leave home, and their attitudes towards her had grown increasingly harsh over the years.

 

The injuries on Feng Zi Yue's body were inflicted by his cousins. Feng Zi Yue had suffered hidden injuries while still in his mother's womb, which slowed his cultivation progress during his youth. Seen as a useless waste, he often faced bullying from them.

 

However, since he had reincarnated to this point, naturally, this humiliating past would not occur again.

 

Feng Zi Yue clenched his fists, recalling the words Guan Zhong Liu said before he died, and he became even more determined not to let these petty people manipulate his life anymore.

 

At this moment, Chu Hongyu entered, lifting the curtain. Seeing him gritting his teeth, she paused for a moment, then showed a gentle expression on her face as she came over to stroke his head.

 

"Little Yue'er, don't be angry anymore. Once you've improved your martial arts skills, there will be opportunities to get even..."

 

Chu Hongyu assumed he was still angry about being beaten, completely unaware that his mind was no longer focused on such trivial matters. Feng Zi Yue gave a faint smile, looking up at his mother who he hadn't seen in many years, feeling a mix of emotions.

 

Chu Hongyu was only in her thirties at the moment, beautiful and captivating. Despite wearing simple and coarse clothing, her beauty was not hidden, leaving Feng Zi Yue stunned.

 

Chu Hongyu was startled by his staring, "Little Yue'er, why are you looking at your mother like that? Is there something dirty on my face?"

 

"Not at all," Feng Zi Yue said with a light smile, "I just didn't expect... that mother is so beautiful..."

 

"Tch!" Chu Hongyu's face turned slightly red as she knocked his head lightly, "Flattering! You even tease your own mother."

 

Still, she was pleased to hear her son praising her beauty. Feng Zi Yue was growing up and increasingly resembled his father, Feng Bu Fan. Chu Hongyu hugged her son tightly, feeling reassured in her heart.

 

"Our little Yue'er has grown up, knowing how to make your mother happy. Indeed, today is your fourteenth birthday. Aunt Wang sent a chicken over this morning to nourish your body. I've already started stewing it. Tonight, when your sister comes back, I'll make your favorite chicken noodle soup..."

 

"What?"

 

Feng Zi Yue's face suddenly changed. He pushed himself up from the bed, his forehead covered in cold sweat.

 

"Mother... what did you just say?"

 

Chu Hongyu was startled and quickly supported him, "Little Yue'er, lie down first, be careful not to aggravate your wounds. I said Aunt Wang sent a chicken over..."

 

"No!" Feng Zi Yue shook his head frantically, his back soaked in cold sweat, "You just said, today is my fourteenth birthday?"

 

"Yes, today is the sixth day of the sixth month. You were lacking Earth element in your Bazi, so your father named you 'Yue'..."

 

"What time is it now?"

 

"Now?" Chu Hongyu didn't understand why her son was suddenly so anxious, "It's just before the hour of the Sheep (1-3 pm)..."

 

Feng Zi Yue turned abruptly and dashed towards the door. Despite the intense pain all over his body, he didn't pause, running frantically towards the southwestern forest.

 

Chu Hongyu was greatly alarmed and shouted from behind, "Yue'er!"

 

"Mother, I have urgent business to attend to, don't worry, I will be back soon!" Feng Zi Yue, frantic and shouting, disregarded his injuries and sprinted towards the forest in the southwest.

 

Feng Zi Yue has a younger sister named Xue'er.

 

She was cute as a jade and snow, five years younger than Feng Zi Yue, only nine years old this year.

 

But... on Feng Zi Yue's fourteenth birthday, it was the day of her death!

 

Just before dinner, someone found her body in the forest. That night, Feng Zi Yue didn't get to eat the chicken noodle soup his mother had prepared for him, and for the rest of his life, he never celebrated his birthday again.

 

Is it before the hour of the Sheep now? Has that incident not happened yet?

2