Chapter 35: Morrigan Ivanova
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-1st person-

I chuckled slightly at the book in her hand, and noticed the expression on Xhenia's face.

"Why are you so surprised?" I asked her, bringing her back to reality.

"That's..." She replied slowly, returning to her usual expression. However, I could notice a tint of happiness and joy. "My future wife." My eyes widened slightly and my gaze returned to the girl standing behind Instructor Rein.

"The one you were just talking about?" I asked for confirmation as I glance at Xhenia's ring, and then look at the girls hand to look for a ring. "Oh, I see the ring." I say as I notice it on her left ring finger.

I look at Xhenia and notice a wide smile on her face, then I look at the girl who's now looking at us. The girl looked both happy and joyful, aswell as... Irritated?

"Why does she seem annoyed?" I asked, looking at Xhenia.

"I don't know..." She mumbled quietly.

Finally, my attention was taken when Rein spoke again.

"Next to me is a new student, Morrigan Ivanova." He said, gesturing to Morrigan as he stood at the podium. I looked at her eyes and couldn't help but notice the words swirling within them.

[Invisibilia Unum]

"So she's also a...?" I asked, not finishing the sentence as Xhenia nodded her head.

"Yes, she is." She replied.

"She is quite ahead in terms of learning, and volunteered to help this class with work." Rein continued, "So welcome her, and ask her questions if you need to."

Morrigan seemed to take this as a confirmation to move and she immediately walked towards us. I watched her silently until she was infront of Xhenia.

"Nyx?" She asked in a quiet tone, and Xhenia nodded her head with a smile.

Morrigan walked closer and hugged Xhenia tightly before letting go.

"Sorry, I just really missed you." She said quietly.

"Why apologise?" Xhenia asked, "It's fine, I also missed you, Princess." She seemed to be teasing Morrigan playfully and I quickly noticed her rapidly reddening ears.

"Princess?" Morrigan asked, her ears completely red as she covered them instinctively and giggled nervously.

Xhenia smirked at her red ears but shook her head, deciding not to go further in an almost silent classroom. Morrigan walked and sat in between Xhenia and I.

I decided to speak.

"Ah, why did you look irritated earlier?" I asked, trying to find a topic to speak about, "I'm Raymond Valtere, by the way. You can call me Ray."

"Me? Irritated? I don't know what you mean." She said, obviously lying as she didn't even try hide it. "I was only wondering why someone else seemed so close with my future wife."

"Oh, so you were jealous?" I ask, tilting my head.

"Were you flirting with her?" Morrigan asked suddenly.

"No, I wasn't." I answered, "I'm not interested in Xhenia that way."

Morrigan sighed and looked at me.

"Sorry, I get jealous easily. Nyx is usually really friendly and I really hate it since she's mine. Not anyone else's." She said, furrowing her brows slightly. "Ray, was it?"

"Yeah, Ray." I say, nodding my head.

"Don't mind it, no one else does anyways." She said. "Nyx never notices that I become jealous, so don't tell her."

"Yeah, sure." I replied.

It's a good chance to get her trust.

"Thanks." She said, smiling at me. "I'd love to be your friend, by the way."

"Same here, Morrigan." I remarked, smiling back at her.

Xhenia didn't seem to focus much on our conversation as she held Morrigan's hand gently. Sometimes she'd throw out the occasional flirtatious remark to fluster Morrigan but that was it.

Xhenia really seems oblivious to this, even when it's so obvious...

I glance at their hands before turning back to Rein as he started the lesson.

"Wait- So they're engaged?" Crystal whispered to me, her eyes wide as she looked at the rings.

"Yeah, I guess so." I answered in the same whisper.

"It's rare to see a couple getting engaged so early." Vincent whispered, joining the conversation.

"Is it? I always thought it was normal since when I was eight my father would always keep trying to get me married." Crystal remarked and Vincent furrowed his brows.

"But you don't seem to be engaged." He whispered, glancing at her fingers.

"I'm not, I refused to get engaged without any love." She replied. "I'm only getting married to the person I love."

"That's rare to see in royals. I thought you'd still get married for the politics of it all." I remarked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but as you once said, I'm a valuable asset to the Empire." She said, repeating my words exactly.

"One that can get manipulated easily." Vincent added mercilessly. "Seriously, Crystal, I wonder how you survived the Royal life with that brain of yours. You should stop trusting people so easily." He took the chance to lecture her in a cold tone, however, I could see the worry in his eyes clearly.

Crystal clapped her hands over her ears.

"I'm not hearing it." She said, "I'm only gonna listen when you compliment me."

I chuckled, and so did Vincent.

"You wish." He said, teasing her slightly. Crystal vividly gritted her teeth and shook her head.

"Just you watch, one day..." She spoke in a menacing tone which convinced no one.

"I'll wait patiently." He said, holding his hands up in a mock surrender despite his words.

"Don't worry, Crystal. You'll get that long awaited compliment one day." I encouraged her, holding a thumbs up playfully.

"Oh, I will." She said, clenching her fist as if she was going into battle.

"I'll be cheering you on, then." I replied and Vincent seemed slightly irritated.

"Yeah, sure you will." He said sarcastically.

"Oh, come on, Vincent. He will, it's Ray." Crystal said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, and he-" Vincent cut himself off and shook his head. "Fine, yes, he'll cheer you on."

I grinned and spoke,

"Don't worry, Crystal. He'll compliment you at some point." I say, patting her head gently.

She nodded her head and glared at Vincent.

"He will, he will..." She mumbled as if casting a spell, and Vincent covered his mouth as if holding back a laugh.

"Yeah, I will." He teased playfully, Crystal rolled her eyes and pushed my hand off her head.

"Stop treating me like a baby." She said, irritated.

"When was I treating you like a child?" I ask, tilting my head.

"You were petting my head like some kind of dog." She said.

"I prefer cats." I remarked, "But no, your hair is just soft. Ask Vincent, he'll agree."

Crystal looked at Vincent.

"I won't affirm nor deny that statement." He said, holding his hands up and shaking his head.

"Are you really stuck on the idea of not complimenting her?" I ask, looking at him.

"Yeah, I'll never compliment Crystal for as long as I live." He replied and I noticed her looking visibly saddened by that statement.

"Oh, Vincent." I said sorrowfully, shaking my head.

"What." He glared at me.

"Nothing, nothing." I replied, still shaking my head.

"Sure it is." He said, rolling his eyes and looking at Crystal. "Why so sad?"

"Nothing." She said, simply.

 


 

ehe, less tension, more comedy! Yay!

1