Chapter 43: Lost?
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-1st person-

And finally, I've been released from the depths of hell and punishment.

[You're so dramatic about it...]

The Overseer mumbled, becoming visible again as I opened my eyes (yes, they were closed the whole time).

I'd prefer to just say honest to my feelings.

[Sure, sure. I'll totally believe ya.]

I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I looked at the flowing green in the thin slots of his bizarre mask.

I'll just go do my mission now, and why couldn't He have a better... Costume design?

I turned away, ignoring the yells of The Overseer as he read my thoughts.

[My outfit is NOT bad! You're just horribly tasteless!]

Sure, I am...

I sighed, tapping my forehead with a singular finger to remind myself that I didn't exist to bicker with The Overseer, no matter how tempting it was.

I tapped my chip, calling Crystal as she always picked up her calls (unlike Vincent and Sayna).

[Uhm, Ray?] She asked, her voice heard clearly.

"Where are you? I finished with my errand." I said, getting to the point quickly l. I wasn't in the mood for banter, The Overseer took me out of that mood.

[You could've atleast said it a little nicer...]

Shut up. I'm getting you confused with Crystal.

[And how the fuck-]

Shush.

[...]

The conversation ended surprisingly quickly, but I welcomed the rapid end as I waited for Crystal's response.

[First of all, where are you?] She asked, as if my location would help with her telling me where she was.

"That matters not. Just tell me where you are already." I answered, slightly impatient as I tapped my foot on the ground and waited for an answer.

Why so impatient, Ray? Asked Eris for the first time in a while, honestly.

"You'd be impatient too if this was the sort of situation you're in." I whispered, gesturing to my empty surroundings.

[Hey! I'm here! I'm not part of 'empty surroundings', you know!]

Correction, one inconvenience and then empty surroundings.

[Fuck you.]

I'm ace.

[... Damn it.]

I rolled my eyes playfully before I finally heard Crystal's reply.

[Uhm... We're in the place with big scary crocodiles.]

"You mean Triolles habitat?" I asked.

The Triolles were a common monster to come across on foreign planets, quite weak but their strength generally varied depending on the planet.

[Yeah, whatever that is!]

I nodded my head and began to walk over to the place. At the pace I was walking, I would get to the others in ten minutes at most. Luckily, I'd made sure to tell them not to go far...

Imagine if I hadn't done that...

I shook my head slightly, an exasperated sigh escaping me before I knew it.

It's like taming dogs, I swear to God...

[Anyways, how long?] She asked vaguely yet I somehow understood that gibberish. Though, it was honestly better than the time she thought she was a cat and only meowed for the whole day.

"7 minutes, give or take." I picked up the pace slightly at her question. The way she was asking made it feel like she'd done something wrong and needed to fix it...

[Okay, we'll be waiting patiently I guess.] She said, I was barely listening to her with only the occasional hums to say that I was. [Oh, forgot to mention, but I can't find Lilith or Devron.]

"Are you fucking kidding me, Crystal?" I asked, clenching my fists so suddenly I heard a slight pop.

[Aha...]

"Shut the fuck up you zest fest, I will pummel you all the way to Mars before you can confess your undying sexual feelings for Vincent." I said slightly aggressively, along with a slight joke in my tone.

[Oh... Uhm... That hit a little close to home.]

"You don't get any privileges in this call, Crystal. Now shut up and explain the situation in complete and full detail so that I know what exactly happened to the two PDAs." I commanded slightly comically. My brows were furrowed and I really was on the verge of punching Crystal all the way to Mars, except I wasn't physically strong enough to do so but I could most definitely punch her to one of Planet Daltain's moons. Namely, Dainara.

However, that wasn't on today's agenda. Maybe another day...

[Ahem- So... We were all wandering around, looking for monsters to fight. You know, all that. When suddenly we passed through some ruins and they disappeared...?] She answered in an unsure tone, despite the informative description she'd given. [We all decided to split up and look around cause you know, treasure! And of course the two partnered up to look around while Sayna, Vincent and I went in a three.]

"Let me guess, you stopped Sayna from butting into the pair cause couple goals or shit like that." I said in a deadpan tone, my pace increasing with each sentence Crystal said.

[Bingo...!] She said gloomily, well, half gloomily.

"Shush. If we lose them and they die or something, then I'm calling you a zest fest till your own demise." I remarked, and that shut her up since she didn't say anything until I finally arrived at the ruin.

[Oh, didya get there?] She asked. [Ok, so there's an upstairs and a downstairs and you wanna go on the downstairs since thats where Lilith and Devron went!]

I scoffed.

"So am I a servant in the end?" I asked half jokingly half irritably. They couldn't even be bothered to do the job themselves...

[Uh- No! Who made you think that wa?-]

"You." I cut her off simply. "You couldn't even be bothered to look for them yourself, and then tell me when I have enough of my own worries so now I have so much more on my plate." I spoke, accidentally revealing more than I should've. I should've passed it off as a joke, added a little chuckle for good measures but I'd gotten way to personal to do that.

[Ray-] She tried to speak again, but I cut her off.

"No, I was just angry for a moment. Don't pay any mind to it." I said.

Recently, it had become easier for me to understand emotions. But for some reason, only the negative ones...

[Uhm, sure. But remember that you can tell us anything if you want -Or need- to. I'll- No, we'll try harder from now on.] I raised an eyebrow at this. It was unexpected that Crystal would be so considerate since she had quite a number of her own problems. However, I wasn't complaining about any of this. Not at all.

[Are you really ignoring my presence right now?]

Yes. I can and will ignore you since you can leave and I honestly would not care at all.

[Hah. So incredibly nice and warm of 'Crudelis'.]

Crudelis?

[Oh, no. Don't mind me since I'm just a useless inconvenience over here!] Said The Overseer, along with some dramatic movements in which he clearly conveyed the sarcasm.

How unbecoming of an 'all-powerful' being.

I snickered silently before responding to Crystal (finally).

"I just hope you don't break my trust, dear friend." I remarked, "Or should I call you zest fest?"

[Fuck off. Respectfully.]

"I'm ace." I replied, feeling an incredible sense of deja vu.

[Wait, REALLY?????]

I discalled and finally turned to the hall where Devron and Lilith walked through.

 


Really going on a rollercoaster here! Ha. Ha.

1