Chapter 6: Can Two People Truly Understand Each Other?
105 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10 years later,

Raymond, as usual, was swinging on his chair with his 5 year old body as he was immersed in a book named [Philosophy Of Humans]. It was a book that spoke about human emotions and talked about questions with no answers, this was a kind of topic Ray eventually warmed up to as he began to wonder about these questions daily.

His expressionless face 'brightened' as he was suddenly struck with an idea, shouldn't he ask the most knowledgable entity here?

He wore his small smile and made sure he didn't seem gloomy.

He paused for a second, what if the Void was busy? Obviously, the Void had never said anything about Ray's calling for them all the time he needed something but it was something he thought of after all this time. But, in the end, his curiosity grew too strong as he called,

"Hey Eris?" His expression showed happiness and curiosity, but if one looked closer, they would see a tint of guilt mixed in. Of course, this was also a personally tailored expression that he created for the situation in which something like this happened.

"Yes, Ray?" The room was washed in darkness that pulsated as if it was alive. It flowed around Ray, blanketing him.

"Do you think 2 people can understand each other?" He paused before adding, "I mean completely understand each other." This clarification wasn't necessary but Ray thought it would be better than leaving it vague, like the book that was currently shut in his hand did.

"Hmm, that is a difficult question, Ray. But I would say no..." The Void stopped for a few seconds, wording it's explanation before continuing, "People are completely unable to understand each other, as they themselves remain ever-changing and can never stop keeping secrets from each other. Whether it be something insignificant like what they had for lunch yesterday or something like the cure to cancer. People won't even know when they keep secrets and therefore, it's impossible to completely understand another... You can only understand yourself, as you will only know exactly what you did that day, unlike a lover or best friend. Only you know what you are thinking and are feeling." The room darkened considerably, showing a brief sadness as it soon turned curious.

At this point, Ray was staring at a random point in the room. He was in deep thought at what the Void had said and had conflicting thoughts within as he kept replaying what they had said.

"That being said, Ray, why did you ask me this?" The Void was curious, though it wasn't the first question Ray had asked it over these 11 years, it was still quite a thought-provoking question. More so since the other questions were mainly asked out of boredom unlike this one.

"Hmm?" He was pulled out of his thoughts when he was asked a question in return. He slowly turned his head to the table in front of him as he looked straight in front of him. "I asked this cause it was one of the questions in this book, I was curious what you'd think about it cause the book doesn't really explain anything. It only just asks the question and gives a vague answer."

"I see..." After this, the room brightened back to it's original lively brightness and the faint sense of emotion and consciousness emanating from Ray's surroundings disappeared.

---

-1st person-

Well... I beg to differ. 2 different people can understand each other if they spend enough time together, but this is highly dependant on similarities, timings, opinions, surroundings, and so on. It may be difficult but I don't think it's impossible, if 2 similar people meet and get to know each other, they will eventually be able to completely understand each other, obviously with the boost of already being similar. Though... I guess it would be close to impossible to achieve. Maybe, if we get close enough, I'll get to see Eris' true form and maybe I'll also gain their complete trust...

And thus, a new personal goal had been set for me. To completely gain Eris' trust.

---

-3rd person-

Eventually, Ray stopped swinging on the chair he sat on and got up. His question had been answered and he found himself in a mood to train, somehow.

He walked a familiar path towards a garden and sat in the exact position he had been sitting in every time he went to train this past decade. He recalled information and trained.

A soft wind blew past him, blowing his light grey hair in the direction it flew, his expression quite happy as he recalled his strength at the moment. He was currently Medium ranked in talent, after he got to Medium, he took a 2 month break to process his strength and have a short celebration for an unprecedented speed in growth. Though, it wasn't really a break since he still had to read books.

The Void was able to make food to eat but it lacked texture or taste and therefore, Ray decided to stop eating that before he lost all willingness to eat in the future. He couldn't even vomit the 'food' out since it would disappear the moment it was swallowed into his stomach and he would return to a feeling of emptiness. Though Ray wasn't a foodie, he still enjoyed food like most others and liked how it tasted. The Void was unintentionally ruining his perspective and opinion on food.

At this moment, he had just broken through to Marquis rank. Although it wasn't a breakthrough since Medium was merely a placeholder and not much training was needed for a person to reach the next rank when they were on a placeholder.

He couldn't help but think of how he would be treated on Earth when he got back. There was an unwritten rule that if a person got to a certain rank, then they would be referred to as that rank. So he would be treated as a noble, a Marquis. This would mean normal humans are treated as commoners, since the commoner rank refers to people who haven't chosen to train or have circumstances that prevent them from training. It served as a kind of motivation for every human capable of training though, so it wasn't all bad. It was only bad for those who were incapable, and that didn't mean they would be treated terribly, they would be treated moderately and would be placed in positions that fit their specialty. Unlike those who could train who were treated extravagantly and could choose whatever they want, even if they were completely incompetent in that field.

He didn't think it was terrible since people who are useless shouldn't be rewarded as useful people should. But he also understands that people without strength can still be useful through different methods.

***

Author's Note

This chapter was written with a manhwa i read in mind called "Blood Of The Butterfly", it was really interesting and after it was finished, the author said they made it whilst thinking of this question. It is definitely a manhwa I recommend.

So... What do you think? Can 2 people truly understand eachother, or will they keep wondering what the other is thinking?

1