Chapter 27: Apology
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-1st person-

A day later,

Only a day? So short...

I looked up at the sky and mumbled. Then, I looked at the uniform laid out on my bed.

It was a deep blue uniform with gold threads stitched all over it, on the breast pocket there was also an emblem harmonising the factions colours. The deep blue swirled with a hidden purple and the fabric it was made of was also soft yet stretchy. The sleeves were folded up and when I wore it, it fit perfectly.

Also, this was made as some kind of mixture between a jumpsuit and an actual uniform. Apparently, we could also modify it however we want but we can't change the actual colour of the thread or the suit, nor can we change the emblem.

Laud modified the uniform to have a small tint of purple swirling within and then it was left at that.

The colour of the thread showed what our actual ranking was, and since I was ranked relatively highly I got the gold thread. This was for the top 20s, the top 10s got black threads and the top 50s got silver. Everyone else was left with white.

Vincent texted me a picture of his jumpsuit (I partially forced him to) and he also had a gold thread. He told me he couldn't be bothered with a quarter of the written test and he did really good with his practical.

Then, after wearing the uniform, I walked over to school since I didn't live that far away and I sat outside in the courtyard, on a bench and I listened to nature.

The rustling of leaves and the chirping of birds was a nice way to integrate yourself with nature, it was a good way to also increase your affinity with nature. And also a good way to connect with Mana.

How was your first day? Mana whispered in my ear, it resonated with the grass and was as peaceful as the nature I was listening to despite the cheerfully loud voice she had. I guess she really is Mother Nature.

"It was really good." I whispered back, imitating the way Mana blended in with nature and letting my voice drift in the soft wind that blew along my face.

Hmm? I feel someone resonating with me... Mana said, resonating was what we called gaining approval but only the energies called it that.

"Who? Is it the lizard I met in my school?" I replied, explaining how Crystal looked and Mana nodded.

She feels familiar... Ah! She did it! Mana cheered and looked at me.

"Don't tell her about me." I spoke, "Don't even mention another resonator except for the First Emperor."

'Kay, but she doesn't seem like a bad halfling. In my opinion, she's just sensitive. Mana looked in my eyes and said.

"Yeah yeah, I'll rethink her personality if she apologises." Then I looked away.

The energies has multiple different consciousnesses. If another person gains their approval, then my energy would be able to spy on them. And when it comes to resonating, the one who has had the energy for longer has priority and I could technically get Mana to hide anything from Crystal.

And just in time, I saw Crystal walking to the middle of the field whilst looking towards her right and speaking. If I focused a bit, I could see another Mana. Crystal was coated in a film of sweat as she looked straight at me, staring for a bit before walking straight up towards me. I quickly whispered to Mana to conceal Herself and waited patiently for Crystal to stop in front of me.

I looked at her uniform and it was black threaded, she must've done quite well on the written exam...

"Where'd you come from?" She frowned slightly.

"I've been here the whole time, Princess." I smiled slightly and waited patiently for her reply.

"Will you drop the act now." She snarled, partially showing some fangs. Then, she took a breath and continued, "Well, anyways, I... I want to apologise." She spoke in a small voice yet I still heard everything.

"What? I didn't hear what you said?" I spoke deliberately, turning my head so my ear was facing her.
"YOU-! Haa... I want to apologise." She took a really deep breath.

However, I wasn't done yet.

"What? What do you want to apologise for?" I said, barely holding back a snicker as her ears reddened.

"I want to apologise for making fun of you when we first met."

"And why did you make fun of me?"

"I, I didn't think you were strong enough and I thought you were cheating. But now that I've seen your strength I won't insult you like that again..." Her hands were clenched but as she continued, she calmed down and spoke normally. Then she placed her hand on her chest and continued, "However, I've seen my mistake and I want to start again."

Should I or should I not...

I stuck my hand out, standing up and speaking in a nice tone.

"Well then, from introductions?" She nodded her head and I then began, "My name is Raymond Valtere, a student at United. You can call me Ray, as my friends do."

She shook my hand and said, "My name is Crystal Maisrin, I'm the Imperial Princess but I'd rather be known as a student at United."

"You don't have a nickname?" I tilted my head and she nodded.

"It's kind of hard to make a nickname for the name Crystal, don't you think so?"

"Hmm... What about having a nickname that refers to characteristics or one that rhymes with your name? Or it could be Tal."

"I'd rather not have a nickname thank you very much."

"Haha. Well, we'd better get to class." I said.

I started to walk towards class and Crystal quickly caught up. Soon, we were in class and I 'introduced' Crystal to Vincent. It was a lot more awkward than mine which was also uncomfortable...

We spoke for some time till class started, we learned about survival in the outdoors. Like, literally?

We were taken outside to learn practical skills in the case where we can't use technology (if we meet extremist Blues).

Crystal hated it and Vincent was... Fine if you ignore the fact that his eyebrows were twitching.

Vincent was furious at the idea of not using technology but he still did his best. In other classes, the Reds were excluded from these activities and learned something else but apparently, Rein gave us a what if we can't use technology?

So the Reds had to participate in this situation.

I did fine since I'd already learned this before but Crystal struggled a lot. I even saw her asking Mana for help...

At our lunch, she begged me for help. She was crying and all. So I gave her some tips as Vincent stared at her as if she was something pathetic, he also gave some help. In the end, she did do it and also vowed to become the best at it just so she can see Rein's surprised face. I laughed because, paired with her short height, she just looked like a child that would forget their grudge after having sweets (she did forget that vow but for some reason, she remembered the next day and practised till class started).

***

Author's Note

Yay! Friendship!

1