5. Aztalr, The Legendary Godweapon
3.2k 5 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 - Aztalr, The Legendary Godweapon


<Underworld is currently suffering from a shortage of dark energy.>

That's all it says when I ask the system for help. Scarlet has been filling in the gaps left by it, but so far, things have mostly gone as expected. I've finally gotten used to my feminine form, and no longer feel awkward walking around as a beautiful and curvaceous demoness. However, seeing as there is a shortage of dark energy, I suppose I should start pumping it out as soon as possible. Still, some things come before exploring a different city.

"No, no... Swing it like this. Don't just use your arms, use your body too," Scarlet lectured. She raised her scythe, swirling it over her shoulder and down before throwing it outwards and letting the force of her momentum fling the blade forward. It seemed more dangerous than graceful, and definitely unlike anything I had seen.

"Why must I use a scythe? Can't I just use swords or even fists or magic?" I asked.

"You can. But the weapon left behind by the previous king is the legendary Godweapon 'Aztalr.' It has multiple forms, including that of a scythe. You need to master multiple arts to wield it to its full potential. Wielding just a single, plain sword is going to do little for us if there aren't many powerful devils to defend this realm."

I grunted. "Fair. But can't I practice as we're traveling? If it has a sword form, I can just use that until I've mastered the scythe and its other forms. Didn't you say that the underworld lacked dark energy?"

"You make a good point Your Highness. Once we reach Orda, I will help you develop and master 'Aztalr's' skills. But it's not just the weapon's shape. The properties and abilities change as well. I'd like you to be at least competent with a scythe before we depart."

"Understood! Then how does this ability work?" I raised the scythe in my hand. A small energy trail emerged, showing the shape of the attack, as my thoughts guided me.

Scarlet flashed an approving nod. "Good. Do that once more. Don't miss, and watch the length of the beam. It can be truly deadly if you land a clean hit on an enemy. It heals you for the damage you inflict and allows you to control both your own and the enemy's blood. Now, show me."

"Sure!" My hands slid against the pole of the scythe and then swung in a horizontal motion. Another crimson light emanated out from the sharp end of the weapon.

It soared high before reaching my target dummy and tearing the body open.

Scarlet leaped in place, grinning. "Yeah! Exactly like that. You may even use that to deflect projectiles once you have learned its technique."

"I guess it helps to be a swordfighter. This isn't too difficult," I sighed, sitting on the grass. "It's easier than learning a weapon from scratch."

Scarlet sat beside me, gazing up at the bright sky above. "It helps," she admitted. "But no matter what, there will be some difficulties, which is why we should continue your training. You can't sit there forever!"

"Don't be a party pooper. Do we have enough horses and supplies for the journey?" I inquired, curious.

"We won't be using the horses. It'll alert the humans of our existence. We'll travel by foot while hiding our devil identity with some spare cloaks unless there's a need to attack. The trip shouldn't be more than a few weeks. After that, we'll have more chances to learn together. And while we do that, I'll fill you in on whatever knowledge I possess, such as the geography, flora, and fauna."

I stood up again and sighed. "Shall we practice again?"

Scarlet stood beside me, tapping the hilt of her blade. "Anytime, Your Highness."

***

I lay on my bed, drenched in sweat and tears. After several sessions of constant fighting, Scarlet decided to conclude today's training. Tomorrow, we'd set out to the City of Orda. Fortunately, she was in charge of packing our things as there was no way I could ever get it all ready by morning.

"System," I groaned.

<Your voiceprint is accepted. Please state your request.>

"Show me my current stats, would you?"

The system screen popped open.

<Alexis - Race: Succubus >

<Attributes>

Level 1 - 0/300

HP 400

MP 50

STR 19

DEF 13

AGI 16

INT 21

<Abilities>

Gate [Lvl. 1] - (MP Cost: 25, Can't be canceled once activated, Cooldown: 4 hours.)

-Opens a portal to another part of the Underworld.

-The location of the portal can be freely chosen.

Blood Drain [Lvl. 1] - (MP Cost: 10, Cooldown: 2 minutes)

-A technique in which one absorbs blood through direct contact.

Seduce [Lvl. 1] - (MP Cost: 2 per minute, Cooldown: None)

- Increased charm towards someone.

Hmm, I was starting from scratch again, but now as a succubus. Still, this was useful information to have. Even with this weak status, Scarlet mentioned she could still feel a rather significant amount of strength resonating from within my soul. Apparently, the reason she was unable to awaken me as a regular archdevil was due to the current conditions in the Underworld being severely low for the requirements. As the race of a Succubi-Lewd type, there were benefits. When I evolve into an Archdevil, I should still keep my original appearance and also retain the Succubus race which brings the benefit of passive abilities that any other devil races should not have.

Knock knock.

"Come in," I mumbled.

Scarlet peeked her head into the bedroom and sauntered into the room. She was now wearing nothing but an apron, as she walked around in the house while cleaning. Her voluptuous, nude form, was completely revealed without shame. I suppose that's just devil's standards, but it definitely had the desired effect on me. The fabric was skimpy, and it was made of see-through material and did little to hide her curves.

"What's on your mind, Your Highness?"

6WoPkY6.png

I gulped. My fingers trailed the smoothness of my skin. "Oh, nothing, Scarlet."

She bit her lip, blushing, then took a glance down. "It definitely looks like you have a lot of things in mind."

"Hehe..." I grinned. "Since you'll be by my side, I'd like to lend you some of my powers by linking souls."

Her eyes narrowed as her eyebrows curved. A faint tint of rouge lit up her cheeks and ears.

"Let's do it then."

heya~ thanks for reading
next chapter is going to be spicy ;)
if you want to read advanced chapters and see uncensored images, you can check out my patreon! www.patreon.com/squidball
anyway, squidball out!

67