Chapter 1: Yasmine’s Secret
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of my annoying alarm woke me up and all I wanted to do was to turn it off and go back to sleep but we both know that’s a dangerous game to play.

 

“Mmgrh!!!”

 

“It’s only 6:30 a.m. and I usually wake up at 6:40, so why is my phone alarming right now, ughh! Oh well it’s not time yet, so let me take my little time and get back in that comfy position and go sleep some more”

 

I closed my eyes, trying to get back my sleep, but it was impossible at this point due to the loudness of that alarm that frightened me a second ago. But nevertheless, I am going to force it cause we all know how precious sleep is as a university student. 

 

“ zzzzzzzzz…..”

 

*Alarm rings*

 

“ Mmgrh!!! Not again, I just got comfortable”

 

Despite wanting to go back to bed and sleep all day, I pushed through the laziness got out of bed, made my way towards the bathroom, and stood before the mirror

 

“ ahhh!!!”

 

I reached for the cabinet and opened the section that contained my medication, but my hands were more shaky than ever. I fell to the ground with an impulsive headache which made my eyes feel weird.

 

“ What is this what is happening to me, he-help me please”

 

I barely uttered those words I knew nobody could hear my squeaky voice unless they had super ears. 

I tried bracing myself on the bathroom counter with the little strength I had left in my body, and I stood before the mirror once more and I stood there in shock.

My eyes were glowing bright orange, my thick black hair was even thicker, fluffy, and longer, my ears were pointy and my wings appeared. Which only means I have reached the stage of full transformation. 

 

But did it have to be now, I have to be at class in less than an hour. I do not know what to do and if I called my parents they would probably make me drop out because they believe that at this stage I am a threat.

 

“ Oh damn”

I went in the shower and let the water run all over my body, I jumped back as soon as that ice-cold water hit my back.

 

“ Holy crap!! That's cold”

 

I switched to the warm water. After I finished showering I realized that I felt much better my headache was now bearable and I didn’t feel shaky anymore which only left me with one problem. So I stood before the mirror again. I closed my eyes tightly and counted to three

 

“ 1”

 

“2”

 

“ 3”

 

I opened my eyes hoping to be back to my normal self only to be hit with reality with my bright glowing orange eyes and wet wings.

“I’m so screwed”

 

So I took up my phone and called my best friend Jewels 

 

“ What do you mean you can’t come to class today”

 

“ Yasmine are you sure you are okay, You never missed class before, OK That’s it I’m coming over” 

 

-Phone call ended

 

“ Wait what did she say, Oh crap no no no”

 

###############

After receiving that strange phone call from her best friend Yasmine Jewels quickly made her way over to Yasmine’s dorm.

 

“ Yasmine! I’m here”

 

She called a second time but much louder. But she heard no one so she pulled out that spare key that Yasmine gave her in case of emergency and opened the door. But no one was in the room the lights were off and the curtains were closed

 

“ Yasmine, are you okay, What’s going on with you“

 

“ Jewels is that you” 

 

“Of course, it is me who else has a spare key??”

“ Stay where you are, don’t come in here,” she said sobbing between every word 

 

Yasmine was in the bathroom sitting on the floor, panicking, worrying, and crying.

 

“ Why are you crying, ok That’s it I am coming in”

 

Jewels opens the door to see Yasmine covered from head to toe with towels.

 

“ Yasmine for the last time what's going on, You are scaring me now”

 

Yasmine sobs even harder

 

“ If I’m scaring you and I’m not visible through these towels imagine when I stand up, I’m so sorry Jewels,” said Yasmine as she cries 

 

“ Yasmine what are you talking about” said Jewels as she sat beside Yasmine and embraced her in her arms.

 

“ It’s ok You know  you can talk to me about anything, we are sisters”

 

Yasmines cried harder and looked up at Jewels 

 

“ Yasmine your eyes are glowing, is it your allergy?”

 

“ There is more,” said Yasmine as she stands 

 

All the towel fell to the ground, her beautiful butterfly-like wings and her shiny orange dress which looked as if it was built in with her skin.

 

“O-O-OMg Yasmine you look amazing, You know you could’ve told me that you are into cosplay, i would’ve dressed up too.

 

“ No no Jewels you are missing the whole point” 

Who am I kidding of course she wouldn’t believe that this was real, now I have to tell her.

“ Jewels stop this is real, all of what you are seeing is real”

“ I know Jasmine that the dress is real How much did you pay to get styled like that”

 

“ Omg Jewels, shut up. I mean I am a Fairy I have always been a fairy Look I can fly this dress is like my skin my eyes are real everything you see is real, Please don’t hate me”

 

“ Yo-Yo-you is a fairy, but they were wiped out ages ago, It’s ok that doesn't change anything between us,” said Jewels as she embraced Yasmine with a big hug 

 

" It's ok Yasmine, just know that you will always be Yasmine"

 

" Thank you so much Jewels" 

 

She accepted me, for a moment I felt alone and trapped and now I feel much better all thanks to this amazing person Jewels. I am so thankful for her.

 

"So what now I can't go out like this"

 

We both laughed 

" Like seriously Jewels what know"

 

_ Laughter

 

 

 

2