Chapter 3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling the soft touch of the boy's lips, Yvon widened his eyes in shock.

Zaire bypassed him, opened the refrigerator, and looked inside. "It's so empty. You don't usually cook?"

Only then did Yvon regain his composure. However, Zaire was acting so normal that the kiss just now seemed to have instantly become insignificant.

His thoughts were so messy that he didn't know how to respond at all. He could only blurt out, "No."

"Then what do you usually eat?"

"I eat in the school cafeteria."

"Really? The cafeteria? Every day?" Zaire seemed to be very annoyed. He never ate meals there.

"Occasionally... we teachers will have a meal together."

Zaire laughed. "What else do you eat?"

At this time, Yvon also felt that his daily diet was not good, so he replied quickly, "Takeaway, instant noodles, frozen dumplings."

Zaire sized him up from head to toe and reached out to grab his waist, frowning. "No wonder you're so thin."

Yvon quickly shook off Zaire's hand. "What are you doing?!"

"I want to see how much food I have to feed you to fatten you up," Zaire said as he closed his eyes. His facial features were indeed delicate.

Yvon's chest heaved up and down. He thought for a while and decided to throw caution to the wind as he said, "Let me tell you something, don't waste your time on me. I'm asexual."

Zaire acted as if he didn't hear him clearly and asked, "What?"

Yvon gathered up his courage and growled, "I'm sexually apathetic! My ex-wife divorced me because of it. Do you understand? We can't be together."

Zaire remained silent for a long time. When he looked up, his lips curved up into a smile. His eyes looked innocent, glittering with strong feelings, as he asked, "What's wrong, Mr. Fonda? I only want to be with you. Why did you mention sex? Are you so horny? Huh?"

Yvon hadn't meant that at all, so he was speechless for a while. He calmed himself down and tried to sound more like a teacher as he said, "Listen to me. You're still young and immature. It's just that you've mistaken worship for affection. When you grow up, you'll find it ridiculous. You'll meet countless people in your life, and I'm just the most mediocre one."

Zaire listened quietly for a while before he burst out laughing. "Mr. Fonda, what are you talking about? I don't worship you. Didn't I make it clear that I fell in love with you at first sight? It has nothing to do with the admiration or worship of a teacher. It doesn't matter whether I grow up. What are you thinking?

"Alright, alright." He grabbed Yvon by the shoulder and pushed him out of the way. He bent down and picked out some food from the refrigerator. "Are you hungry? There are a few eggs left. I'll make you some noodles with eggs."

Yvon was still in a daze even when Zaire placed the noodles with sunny-side-up eggs in front of him. Zaire said, "Eat. The yolks are soft. I guessed that you like your eggs like that."

Yvon did indeed like sunny-side-up eggs with a soft yolk. He had to admit that the noodles were good with fragrant soup and some vegetables. "It was quite hard to find these ingredients. You can buy some occasionally. Hurry up and finish the noodles, or they will get soggy."

Yvon raised his head and glanced at Zaire. He swallowed unconsciously at the scent of the noodles and asked, "You know how to cook?"

"Yes. Am I great?" Zaire was proud. With a smug smile, he said in high spirits, "Does that make you like me more?"

Instead of answering this question, Yvon only ate silently with his fork in hand. Zaire sat opposite him, supporting his face with his palm and staring at him casually. From time to time, he would smile and ask, "How is it? Yummy?"

Yvon didn't say a word.

According to his previous teaching experience, such a rebellious boy who would act affectionately like Zaire would break many adolescent girls' hearts.

But Yvon was not an adolescent girl. He was a 32-year-old man, and a teacher.

He had been chased by countless men and women, passionate or reserved. He had seen all kinds of pursuers. He had no time for or interest in Zaire's puppy love.

It was already 6:30 p.m. when Yvon got home from the last class. The lights in the stairwell of this building without an elevator hadn't been turned on yet. His apartment was on the fourth floor.

He was in a bit of a hurry to go upstairs to cook some dumplings because he was hungry. Just as he reached the second floor, he found the middle-aged woman who lived there waiting for him. She was Mrs. Chamber, 55 years old. She was helpful and loved being a matchmaker.

Ever since Yvon had gotten divorced, Mrs. Chamber had been trying her best to introduce women to him. Especially after her niece, who was a graduate student, had met him in the stairwell last month, Mrs. Chamber had been coming to see him.

"Mrs. Chamber, I'm a divorcee. It will be unfair to her." He was deeply troubled.

Mrs. Chamber waved her hand and said, "It's okay. My niece says that the marriage experience makes a man more mature. I think that makes sense. Take yourself, for example— you have a good appearance, a stable career, and a place to live... Do you have a car?"

"It's broken," Yvon replied. His ex-wife, Mary Yates, had been in a car accident and was found sitting in Yvon's car looking all disheveled with a male fitness coach when the traffic police arrived. Yvon felt that the car had been tainted, so he never drove it again.

"It's not a problem. Yolanda is from a rich family, and she is willing to give you a car when you marry her. Yvon, you're so handsome. Maybe Mary was not a good match for you, but you can try someone else. Come to visit me when you have time. It will probably work out between you and Yolanda. I think you two are a perfect match."

"Mrs. Chamber, I'm already 32, but your niece Yolanda is only 23."

Mrs. Chamber clapped her hands and squinted at him. "Hey, be open-minded! Don't quibble over your age. As a man becomes older, he will care more about others. I think you're good."

Mrs. Chamber kept nagging him. Yvon was very hungry, but he didn't want to be impolite, so he could only stay there and listen.

He waited until Mrs. Chamber's son came back. Her son Charles Chamber was a 27-year-old tall and gentle man. "Mom, don't be a busybody. I'm about to turn 30 and haven't got a girlfriend yet. What's the point of you meddling in his affairs?"

Mrs. Chamber scolded Charles for retorting and was finally pushed into their place. Charles poked his head out with a guilty look on his face and apologized. "I'm sorry, Yvon. My mother just loves doing that. Next time, you can directly leave and ignore her."

Yvon said it was fine before he turned around and went upstairs. He didn't know where his key was, so it took him a long time to find it. Just as he had inserted it into the keyhole, someone grabbed hold of his waist from behind and breathed into his ear. He trembled and failed to hold the key steady. He instinctively swung a punch at the person behind him.

However, his wrist was grabbed. He saw the face of Zaire, who said as he slightly narrowed his eyes, "Mr. Fonda, why didn't you tell her that you were sexually apathetic just now? You didn't lie to me before, did you?" He wrapped his arm around Yvon's waist and opened the door with his other hand holding a bag. "I think I have to check and see if you lied."

"No man would say that he's asexual if he weren't in a hopeless situation!" Yvon couldn't help but think.

The arm around Yvon's waist was so strong that he failed to break away from it even though he struggled vigorously. His glasses almost fell from his struggling movements. He could no longer hold back his anger and shouted, "Let go of me! Zaire, what are you doing?!"

Zaire opened the door, pushed him in, turned around, and locked the door.

Yvon still hadn't gotten over the shock. He adjusted his glasses and gasped coldly, "Why did you come to my home?"

Zaire picked up the bag with an innocent expression. "I bought some things and came to cook for you. You haven't had dinner yet, have you?" He opened the bag and took out a few ingredients. "What do you want to eat for dinner? We have beef, mushrooms, shrimp, tomatoes, eggs, and some seasonings. By the way, I also bought this." He took out an orange and shook it in front of Yvon. "I like oranges the most. Keep that in mind."

"You stalked me?"

"Really? I stalked you? I went to the supermarket. Did you go there too?" Zaire carried the bag as he put the ingredients into the refrigerator one by one. "I also bought orange juice and milk. I'll drink the orange juice. You can drink the milk tomorrow morning."

Zaire was so good at beating around the bush that Yvon was speechless.

"Well..." Zaire poked his head out of the kitchen and continued, "Would you like me to braise the beef?"

"Okay... Wait! I won't eat it. Zaire, come out!"

However, after the braised beef, braised shrimp, grilled mushrooms, and roasted tomato soup were served on the table one after another, Yvon ate up until almost all the dishes were finished. Finally, he put down his fork and said indignantly, "Don't come back tomorrow!"

"How can you be so mean? I cooked for you, yet you still want to drive me away." Zaire bit the tip of his fork and pretended to be lost in thought. Later, he raised his head, smiling. "Tsk. Now I realize how cruel adults can be."

0