Chapter Five; Revelations.
424 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Svinna was growing more and more concerned, her mother's rather uncharacteristic panic unsettling her. Her old life's memories of the woman have her as a calm, cool, and collected woman, who never raised her voice even under ridicule, not even during the rare fight she'd get in. 

Freydis looked at her daughter for a long while before visibly relaxing and nodding. "The Conqueror class has only appeared once before, seven thousand years ago. Barûn Thessal was the one who last had it, and with it he had nearly conquered the whole continent. His armies fought harder and more efficiently, his enemies found themselves cowering and feeble. Barûn Thessal was such a monster that it was only because he had grown tired of fighting and was murdered in his sleep that his empire fell." 

Svinna took in all this knowledge with a grim countenance, but inwardly she was ecstatic. 'This! This is what Adrian wanted. Taking over the continent? Weak!  I'll take over the world! I will rule their land, their lives, their minds, their very souls, I will conquer them in every sense!'

Freydis had no way of knowing what her daughter was thinking, but she had suspected that getting this class had changed her daughter intrinsically. She didn't know that it was the other way around. The desire of Adrian and his ambition of being a monstrous existence that causes others' suffering had changed the original Svinna's class. 

Freydis continued, "Now that we know your new destiny, we have to take steps to strengthen yourself. Your class may be powerful, but you're only level one. We should gather an army. Your class can make a fighting force peerless, not even the armies of the gods could match you if you were to meet the capabilities of Barûn Thessal." 

Svinna nodded, a giddy look on her face as she imagined an army so vast as to take up even half of her class's max level area of effect. Still, she was level one, and she hadn't even gotten half of the experience needed to level from killing Karl. The army boosting capabilities would only grow exponentially as she levels. 

To that end she looked to her mother and nodded. "I understand, but I think I should first level up a few times. My first passive skill grows stronger as I gain levels." 

Freydis nodded in agreement, a shadow of relief passing over her features. "You're right, my dear. Your class may be rare and powerful, but at level one, you're vulnerable. That's where I come in. I may not look like much, but I'm level six. I can wound bandits or Dretch easily enough for you to finish them off."

The knowledge that her mother is a local powerhouse surprises her, even as the memories of the former Svinna inform that Dretch are wiry creatures that like to assault people going their way on the road and kill by hanging on their back and digging their claws into people's chests to get to their heart. They're also really, really ugly. 

 

The pair fell into a comfortable silence, allowing Svinna to think about what they should do. She had tanked her magic reserves and had little more than twenty percent of her maximum stamina left, though it was slowly recovering. The drain rate of Suffer no Rivals was thirty points per second, and it was apparent she wasn't in fighting condition. She took a look at her stats.

 

[Health:  100/100]

[Stamina: 45/100]

[Mana: 0/100]

[STR] 6

[DEX] 11

[AGI] 6

[VIG] 10

[END] 10

[CON] 18

[WILL] 42

[INT] 10

...

Svinna looks at her stats. Aside from her willpower being high, which checks out, her body is rather...subpar. Prodding the ah, 'godly assistance' for an explanation of her stats sums them up pretty well.

Strength governs how much you can carry and how hard you hit.

Dexterity governs your accuracy with hitting and how flexible you are

Agility governs how fast you run, and how well you run when the terrain is terrible.

Vigor is your health stat. Each point in Vigor is ten for your health.

Endurance is your Stamina stat. Same as Vigor, ten to one ratio.

Constitution governs how fast you heal from damage, as well as taking hits, and not getting sick or poisoned. 

Willpower is how fast your magic recovers when resting. This is important: magic only recovers when you nap. It also lets you shrug off the effects of illusions or mind control easier.

Intelligence works like the Vigor and Endurance stat.

Svinna had to stop herself from bemoaning her admittedly abysmal stats, but talking to her mother about it revealed that the stronger someone's class is the more their stats increase when they level. Which probably means that Svinna's class will take forever to level up.

Well, a genocide or two is good for the health, right?

As the two find a place to settle in for the night, Svinna slept with a grin on her face. This was going to be so much fun.

18