Prologue
128 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness resided my surrounding, i couldn't remember the last time I've seen light. My body felt numb, which i hope so since i can't even verify if i currently had one.

"You have arrived.....thank you....obeserver....." a voice rang in my consciousness.

My senses started to tingle, pain gushed into my 'body'. Suddenly, my eyes opened. The first things i saw were pitch black trees, and a night with no stars. The trees gave me a presence of evil with its leafless branches and shapes.

Urgh! What the heck is with this pain?!

I try to suppress my it, and lean my body against one of those trees.

What was that voice? Where the hell am I?

Someone gave me a somewhat answer for one of the following question.

"Ahwoooh!"

Che! There are wolves in this place.

Red eyes started popping in the surrounding darkness, with malicious intents hitting my instinct.

A pair of red eyes gradually came closer.

What the hell is that!

Its features are similar to a hell hound, with two crimson red horns and brown fur. It stopped three meters before me, drooling as if I was a feast for him. the surrounding eyes stepped out of the darkness, they had only one horn and were two times smaller, comparable with a German shepherd.

Agh, my instinct is throbbing fiercely, like it is telling me to run.

To tell the truth, i did wanted to run, but due to the unknown injuries and massive pain, i couldn't.

The two horns hell hound came closer, its eyes constantly looking around my body, as if to see which part he will take a bite first. If I can't do anything about it, then death shall be my faith.

At least, i got to see the world again.

It approached slowly, slowly, slowly, and jumped!

My instinct acted on its own and gave it an uppercut with my leg, the hell hound flipped within the air and landed near one of the smaller ones. Seeing this was my chance, I swiftly got up and gave a run, then realize my wounds were all healed up. I did not gave it much of a thought and continued running. 

Two one horn hell hounds suddenly appeared before me.

Looks like I'm not getting out of this the easy way huh.

The will of surviving resurfaced, and I gave them a death glare. My instinct wasn't throbbing like just now, as if it's telling me that I can take them on.

I calmly look at my surroundings, besides the one I just knocked, there are two in front of me, and six heading my way.

I put up a familiar stance, waved my hand to tell them to come at me. Both look as if they understand and jumped towards me, bearing sharp fangs shining in the darkness.  I instinctively jumped to my right and punched the one of them in its stomach.   Bloods spilled from its mouth as it dropped dead while the other turned and face me after he landed on the spot where I was.

Strange, it seems that I know some skills, but I don't remember learning any.

Within 5 minutes, the rest that approached me were dead, either ripped by the mouth, gouged by the eyes or have its internal structure mashed. Some might have more than one of these features.

A sense of excitement swelled up in my heart, "Grrrrrrr...." while fearful voice shook my mind.

"Your awake..." I smiled as i licked the blood that splattered on my face from the previous battle. The two horns hell hound ground its teeth, its gaze filled with rage from the embarrassment i gave it before. It lowered its two horns, posting like an rhino ready to headbutt.

"I was just getting started."  Ignoring the slightly throbbing instinct, i jumped beside the hell hound and tackled it......

Kruu kruu kruu....

The voice which sounded like a crow echoed through the night, a boy with tattered clothes and scars can be seen laying around a pile of dead corpses. The corpse of the two horns hell hound was in a really bad shape, dull punches can be seen all over the body, with a horn missing. The boy's state wasn't any better, new scars were placed over the old ones,a horn was stuck into his left thigh.

What happened.... I feel weird just now...

I do not know how to respond to myself of what just happened. The brute force and reflexes i displayed clearly broke the boundaries of what an ordinary guy could do.

Now, think Carth, you can do this.

Wrapping my head in thoughts, the only thing that came in mind was when I walked home after school with my little sister, Kathe. My sister was only one year apart from me and we both attended the same high school. I was bragging about my new girl friend i just got, and then... and then I blanked out...

Frustration filled my head as I can't make sense of anything.

You need to calm down, calm down. Let just start with surveying the area, maybe i can find some clues as to where am I. Ouch!

Pain surged again as i tried to get up.

Shit! I forgot to pull out the horn.

I gently grabbed the horn, and pulled it out swiftly. "Aaarrgh!" I shouted as blood started to spill from my wound. After a while, the wound gradually healed up, and left a small scar behind.

Just as I thought, the wound will healed up approximately a minute huh.

I took a look at my arms, some of the old scars were disappearing, while the new scars started to faintly went away.

I should just leave this as a miracle, questioning it will be stupid since i would not get an answer.

"Kruu kruu kruu." I looked up to the sky, upon the direction of the sound. A figure slowly became visible.

Not again, is this karma? I swear the only thing i did before was accidentally hit a base ball into the window of a granny house.

This time, it was an enlarge version of a crow, but instead of two wings, it got four, with a curved shark fin looking thing on its back. It was heading this direction at full speed, taking maybe 30 seconds to reach here.

"Haaaahuuu." I breathed in, and exhaled. In a blink of an eye, I ran the opposite direction of the crow.

Like Hell I''m gonna fight that thing, it's beak is half the size of my body!

There were no sound after a while of running, so I took a glimpse at my back. The crow was feeding on the dead corpses of the hounds, it swallowed them whole, not leaving a single bone.

Better get going before it takes me as dessert.

I ran through the 'death forest', searching for clues. The trees around me shivered, while monsters howled the night.

This is not Danstar. I can swear that the government officials wouldn't developed such an area, or maybe they did? Our technology advances rapidly after the discovery of alien tech but that was only a year ago.

There was a lake up ahead, with a glowing blue light on the surface. The surroundings were much more quiet in this area. I approached the lake, and was stunned by my reflection on the lake's surface.

It was a face of a young boy in his mid teens, with pale blue eyes and silver hair with black stripes. Only now I saw the color of my skin was pale white.

Okay..... this wasn't expected. Now I'm totally confused.

I stared into the sky with void eyes, it took a while before my thoughts kick in.

Wasn't there a voice before I reached here? It mentioned something about arrival and.... observer.

Suddenly, a bracket screen appeared in thin air.

Title: Observer (restricted)
Allow you to see the records of anyone after a certain amount of involvement. The bearer of this title can not be killed by any organism from this world.
Can not directly interfere events that can influence a large amount of people (locked)

I was dumbfounded by the last phrase under the bottom right corner.

"Wel~come, Onii Chan."

"Why the heck is she speaking japanese?"

 
0