Chapter 7-2
657 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The city was empty, its streets and buildings abandoned. The only sounds were the wails of an old decrepit siren and the hard pitter patter of the monsoon like rain hitting the streets.
Suddenly, the sea began to recede, pulling back from the land with a force that seemed almost supernatural. The water drained away, leaving behind a vast expanse of sand and seaweed.
For a moment, everything was still. Then, a low rumbling sound filled the air, growing louder and more ominous with each passing second.
The first wave hit the city like a battering ram, slamming into the empty buildings with a force that shook the ground. The water rushed through the streets, carrying cars and debris along with it.
The second wave was even worse, a towering wall of water that dwarfed most of the buildings. It crashed into the city with a deafening roar, some of the damaged gas lines had begun to leak, all it took was a spark and several of the surviving buildings were experiencing a fire so intense it lit up the city.

Then, the third wave came. The third wave that was the worst, it was the wave on which the Leviathan rode.The massive lizard-like Endbringer proceeded to tear through the tops of buildings flinging debris into the far off distance.

As seconds turned to minutes it had become clear that the water would not recede and the city had become an aquatic battle ground. Home field for the leviathan.

Leviathan was planning to SINK the bay like he has to many coastal cities before.
=============================================================
Brockton Bay ship museum.

Danny was on the balcony with Taylor watching out of the second story warehouse window. The water was a solid four maybe five feet in depth. The rain also wasn't lightning up.

“I want to be out there.” Taylor says over the radio.

“No, you are guarding the museum little sis.” Fletcher responds back from across the city.

“Girls! It swam by us, it's coming!” Georgia shouts into the radio panicking.

The battle line was making full steam back to Bay Enterprise being the fastest would be the first one back. Georgia although her usual topspeed was significantly weighed down by the experimental ammunition.

Fletcher was with Prinz Eugen and was among the first to find leviathan.

The giant beast was clinging on to the medhall building roaring ferociously.

“I see ze beast!” Eugen says

“Blast it!” Fletcher shouts letting loose her 5 in guns 4 shells hitting the target and 1 star shell to assist fires in illuminating the city.

The 5 inch shells do next to nothing aside covering the endbringer in scorch marks.
Eugen opens up shortly after, the 8in high explosive blowing some small indents into the sea monster's skin.

Eugen and Fletcher both freeze utterly baffled by the lack of damage to the monster.

“This is Fletcher, we found it… We could use some help.”

“Atlanta on route!’

“Enterprise I’m still 3 mins out. 1 min till I can safely launch my planes.” Enterprise

The whistling sound of death rang from above. Corsairs launched from Independence The clouds flashed as 20mm cannon rounds hit the end bringer's hand forcing him to let go from the building and plummeting into the water. A second later an explosion rocked the Medhall building blowing several fires out before they started again even stronger than before.

The great beast hit the water with a splash.

“Sonar is picking him up… Below!” Fletcher shouts panicked

There was a large splash and Eugen wasn't able to see Fletcher.

“Fletcher! Where did you go!” Eugen shouts panicked

A second splash occurred and Eugen was gone as well.

“Girls this is Independence, My planes just reported that Fletcher and Eugen disappeared. They didn’t see what happened to them.” The carrier says nervously.

The waters calm by the medhall building as the Leviathan leaves the area. The sky darkens as the starshell touches down into the water.

“Girl’s Sonar is picking it up and heading towards me. I could use some assistance!” Atlanta shouts shaken up over the radio.

“I’m shifting over to my hull form… I will be there as soon as I can.” Georgia replies somberly.
========================================
Meanwhile outside the city the Heros were assembling. It was the first ever night fight against leviathan and it had the make up of a nightmare scenario.

Legend didn’t even know how to start the debrief.

19