Chapter 8-3
280 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Georgia is looking at her new power plant. She had undergone a major refit. I mean the last one which gave her 6 nuclear reactors and removed two of her boilers had really been a massive undertaking. Now she was down to two nuclear reactors for emergency power and the brand new Wave Motion Engine sat next to them. The slipspace drive was also tucked into the citadel as well.

Two massive wing pods were attached on joints which allowed them to be raised and lowered for either flight or sea travel. Her armor remained steel being upgraded to STS however just about anything else had been upgraded to a variant of Titanium.

“Hey,”

“Yes, that did take quite a while however we had good music and, yall are experienced shipbuilders. Really happy to have you guys rather than whatever would've been my crew.” Georgia says with a smile.

“Hey?”

“I would hope so, I mean we had nowhere safe to put the spare nuclear material from dismantling 4 of my reactors so it would make sense to put it into the remaining two. It’s not like they were all full anyways. It was extremely difficult to get enriched uranium anyways.” Georgia says

The two reactor’s had been expanded a little bit. In truth the reason this build took so long was because of the handling of radioactive material. If any of it were to leak, who knows where it would've gone.

“Hey?”

“Yes, you little guys did go above and beyond with the rebuilding of my bow and the placement of the BFG… Or wave motion gun. It is a massive gun, I can not wait to get a chance to fire it.” Georgia says with a smirk.

“I say it's time we powered this thing on!” Georgia shouts happily.

July 4th 2011.

Georgia’s eyes opened. Which was followed by a light scream and some crashing sounds.

“Hello Fletcher.” Georgia says sitting up feeling all of her muscles stiffen.

“Georgia! You’re finally awake! It’s been months!” Fletcher shouts

“Months huh?” Georgia asks however she’s not paying attention to Fletcher.

Georgia is holding her cybernetic arm in front of her face testing out the range of responses and the eerily natural feel of it.

“So what did I miss?” Georgia asks

“Johnston…” Fletcher says

“Ah, not much then. How many gang’s are dead?” Georgia asks

“Well, THE ABB has been underground ever since you first showed up.” Fletcher says with a smile.

“So the E88 and Merchants are gone? Who replaced them?” Georgia asks

“E88 is kinda still around, most of their capes are dead, the Merchant’s are gone. The Fallen have shown up to. We also have USS Edsall in the center hall of the museum. Some vampiric-themed cape named Alucard dropped her off for us.” Fletcher says

“Well, let's go repair her then. Can you call the other girls? I want to try and get the Museum backup and running.” Georgia says hopping off the medical bed and stumbling for the first few steps.

A second later Georgia walks out of the door and into the cat walk of the museum only to be ambushed by a loud storm of clapping.

Fletcher walks out behind her shortly afterwards.

“Welcome back… It’s been a long two months.” Fletcher says

Down below there was a massive party.

“I would ask how you all knew I was going to be waking up however. It was probably Sarah.” Georgia says leaning on the railing looking down at the crowd.

“Yes she can be rather scary when she wants to be.” Fletcher says

Georgia brushes her hair out of her face before taking a second to take a look at it in her hand.

“I need a haircut however blonde isn't too bad.” Georgia says

“So what now?” Fletcher asks

“What day is it Fletcher?” Georgia asks

“July 4th.” Fletcher responds

“What a great day to be born again.” Georgia says with a smirk

Music kicks on and Georgia hops the railing to join in on the festivities.

“I didn’t get to tell her about Enterprise.” Fletcher whispers in horror.

18