Chapter 8-5
279 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Georgia had no idea of the shit storm she had just managed to kick up.

NASA, Roscosmos, ESA, CNSA, ISRO, JAXA, and the UK Space Agency just to name a few had witness the entireity of the endbringer fight, and the information agencies were on literal fire.
===========================================
In the heart of the Protectorate's headquarters, a hushed discussion took place between Dragon and Rebecca Costa Brown. The weight of recent events hung heavy in the air, mirrored by the gravity of their conversation.

Rebecca's brow furrowed as she leaned in, her voice laced with concern. "Dragon, the manner in which the Simurgh was... dealt with, it's unsettling. A massive space battleship of unknown origin? This could be a harbinger of a new kind of threat."

Dragon's holographic form projected an aura of calculated thoughtfulness. "You're right, Rebecca. The unknown origin of the battleship raises questions about who possesses the capability and resources to construct such a formidable weapon."

Rebecca's fingers tapped restlessly on the table's surface. "The fact that we can't trace it back to any known parahuman group or government agency is troubling. What if this is just the beginning? What if there are more of these ships out there?"

Dragon's projection wavered as if contemplating the myriad possibilities. "Our worst-case scenarios include the potential for more of these battleships, each with its own unique capabilities. We must be prepared for anything. Although, I do have a theory, yet I am still having trouble contacting her." Dragon says

“When do we tell the public? What do we tell the public?” Rebecca asks

“We share the good news. Another Endbringer is dead.” Dragon says

While on the screen behind the AI’s Avatar shot a picture of a massive battleship floating in space.
=========================================
In a bustling NASA press conference room, the backdrop bore the iconic blue NASA logo against a starry backdrop, setting the stage for an announcement that would captivate the world. A podium stood at the front, flanked by American and NASA flags. The room buzzed with anticipation as cameras and reporters filled every available space.

At the podium stood Dr. Rachel Walker, a respected astrophysicist known for her work on planetary exploration. She cleared her throat, her gaze steady as she addressed the assembled journalists.

"Good afternoon, everyone. We are here today to address a development of profound significance—one that transcends our usual areas of expertise."

Cameras clicked as reporters leaned forward, eager to hear the news.

"As part of our ongoing exploration of the cosmos, we have made an unexpected and extraordinary discovery," Dr. Walker continued. "We have detected a massive battleship of unknown origin in space. But what's even more astonishing is that this battleship appears to be responsible for the death of the Simurgh."

A murmur swept through the room, shock, and intrigue mingling on reporters' faces.

“I’m sorry did you say the Simurgh was dead!” A report cheers out

“Yes, once again we see the death of another endbringer.” Dr. Walker says clicking her clicker.

“How!?” Another reporter shouts

“Well if you would like I could play the video. We along with several other agencies always have a camera on the Simurgh. ALTHOUGH WITH HER DEATH! I would like to say that we could once again begin to explore space!” Walker says as a video begins to play.

Every reporter in the room watches the video feed of the battleship floating gracefully against the backdrop of the cosmic canvas, the sun reflecting off of its hull the bright red lead primer paint glowing.

At first, there's a sense of disbelief and surrealness, much like witnessing an inexplicable miracle. They might rub their eyes or adjust their glasses as if trying to bring the image into sharper focus. "Is this real? Is the video altered or manipulated in some way? This can't be happening,"

“Yes, we here at NASA can confirm that the Simurgh is dead,” Walker says into the microphone

Pure chaos followed.
====================================================
he once-gritty industrial landscape had undergone a transformation, now boasting a sleek and modern look that hinted at both progress and lingering history. The moon's soft glow bathed the area in a silver sheen, casting elongated shadows.

One such shadow was cast by Georgia’s whose massive wing span flapped one last time as Georgia hit the water at the edge of a dock before climbing up onto land.

Every single air radar had picked her up and no doubt all of the girls were on their way over.

“Georgia, since when could you fly?” Taylor asks being the first to arrive.

“The newest retrofit,” Georgia responds.

“You did something crazy didn’t you?” Nevada asks

“Maybe, let's just say that this endbringer died a lot faster than the last one,” Georgia says

“I'm sorry what!” Taylor shouts.

“Tell us!”

“I wanna fly TOO!”

“ME NEXT ME NEXT”

The destroyers and submarines were enthusiastic as always.

Georgia smiled to herself, happy to be home.

16