Ch7. I your father… Is going to the mortal market!
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
If you're lost in the mess of a novel this is in right now you can check the glossary to clear things out. also, the updates for this fiction will be 2 chapters/week,  as I have classes again. 1 chapter/day will recontinue if I get another free week or few days off.

 

'system why are they acting like that?' Jay asked the system instead of the elders in risk of offending them, as observed by Xue Yan's defensive attitude about the matter.

 

scanning the entire sect host....

Ding!

The system determined the possible reason for their flustered behavior.

 

'tell me what is it'

 

the defensive array formation within the sect, detects intruders and unauthorized people inside the sect. it notifies the elders of possible espionage by enemy sects. And as the puppets are extremely similar to humans without soul and will, it might be the reason for their panic. as there is an extremely high chance due to similarity that the defensive array and other methods of discernment could be clouded by the system's puppets.

 

'Can the puppets use spiritual roots?'

 

Although the puppets can use spiritual roots given by the host to cover their potential and be able to greatly deceive the observer. They cannot make full use of said spiritual roots(as they can't cultivate.) but some effect of the spiritual roots can be used to some extent. the host can replace the puppets spiritual roots at will and use a specific spiritual root for specific purposes.

 

after the system answered Jay's question. Jay turned to face Xue Yan and the other elders.

"I thank the elders for saving my insignificant life." Jay, clasping his hands and bowing to give respect to the elders.

 

'system recycle Aether'

 

Ding! the legendary item [Aether] has been recycled. Giving the host 2 pull tickets.

 

being given the epiphany on the idea of having multiple identities, gave Jay a wonderful idea.

Although Jay got a phoenix body from the system, Jay felt it was too weak for him and wanted a stronger one, risking his two pull tickets for another spiritual root.

 

'system pull two items.' Jay said nervously 

 

Pulling two items is invalid, the host can only pull 1 or 10 item at a time.

 

'ugh... fine pull one' Jay said agitation tinged in his voice, being forced to pull 1 or 10 at a time.

 

Ding the host got!

[Small Healing Potion]
[a small healing potion when taken heals the user for 20HP]

 

'shit..' with only one pull left, Jay contemplated to use his last pull ticket.

'ah heck, why not. I'll get more pull ticket anyways' Jay who convinced himself, thinks that he'll only use 10 pulls whenever he has enough tickets to pull.

'pull the other one.'

 

Ding Congratulations host!

[Immortal Body]

[a domineering body that is capable to become an immortal]

 

'YES! I got it!' Jay celebrated in his mind, he got a domineering spiritual root that he can place in his growth puppet to act in his behalf.

 

'now how do I temporarily exit the sect....'

 

After a while an Idea popped out from Jay's mind.

 

he waited seconds, minutes, hours down the staircase that leads to the second floor of the residence. eagerly waiting for Xue Yan so that he can try to get permission to exit the sect and go out to the mortal city outside of the sect.

 

while imagining the possibilities that could be done with the puppets, Xue Yan arrived at the right side of Jay.

 

"what were you waiting for?" asked Xue Yan, curious as to why Jay is idle down the staircase.

 

"I was thinking of cooking food for  you..." Jay proposed, hiding his true intentions.

 

Xue Yan's ears perked up with Jay's proposal. Before she reached nascent soul in the past, Xue Yan loves to eat mortal food as it gives her joy and contentment. But when she reached nascent soul and above, she wasn't able to do her hobbies as it could hamper her cultivation. 

 

Cooking quality foods require time, commitment, effort, technique, and other important aspects to master such hobby. which Xue Yan lacks because all that time is spent on sect responsibilities, personal connections and cultivation.

 

even the lack of time caused Xue Yan to consume Quality Nourishment pills instead of actual delicacies.

 

Xue Yan actually doesn't have an errand disciples or other ranked disciples tasked on creating dishes that satisfied her palate. much less an actual errand disciple for which, Jay was her first disciple of such rank.

 

"okay, you can go..." she easily gave Jay her permission.

 

after getting Xue Yan's assent, Jay quickly exited the residence and went to the sects entrance. It took Jay roughly 2 hours walk just from their residence to the entrance.

 

Jay was extremely exhausted by the evident sweat dripping down his forehead.

 

"haaa....ha......haaa...." Jay wiping his brow with his sleeves, wincing at the sight of the staircase down to the mortal area.

strengthening his resolve, Jay started to walk down the steep staircase down the hill.

 

feeling extremely tired, Jay managed to go down the steep stairway.

 

Jay asked around the locals for the direction of the market place.

 

the market place was so lively and packed that Jay can only see a sea of heads, there was merchants chanting and shouting their wares. mothers haggling for their purchases, guards stopping a ruckus.

 

It gave Jay a serene and peaceful feeling.

 

'System can I put the items that I bought inside the inventory?'

 

Affirmative, the host can place items inside his inventory.

 

With the affirmation of the system Jay proceeded to go to the direction the locals pointed to.

It was quite near surprisingly, Jay managed to buy the ingredients for the dish he was about to cook.

He then placed the bought items into his inventory.

 

before going back to the sect, Jay hid in an alleyway in order to activate his Growth Puppet.

 

he checked every corner and angle for potential witnesses and found no one.

 

feeling confident, Jay opened his inventory and took out the puppet.

 

'system, activate the puppet.'

 

Growth Puppet activated.

 

now, with no one to distract Jay, he openly looked at the growth puppet, marveling on how the puppet clearly look and feel like a human.

 

but the puppet is only average looking in his opinion, around 6/10 in the looks department. Not good looking enough for his plans and ambitions.

 

'system change his look,' Jay said eagerly.

 

Acknowledged, Host. what should the puppet's new appearance should be?

 

'domineering, peerless, handsome, the kind of  looks that women shall swoon over.'

 

Creating the puppets appearance, creation finished and applied.

 

Infront of Jay, the appearance of the puppet changed in real time, its height getting taller. now as tall as Jay, its eyes and nose grew sharper, its body grew more fine, strong, and erect. looking like a definite depiction of a perfect lean and strong body. He then proceeded to touch the puppet's muscles and body, amazed at what he felt. those biceps, triceps and abs are rock solid.

 

'doesn't it look like me?' Jay asked looking closer at the face of the puppet.

 

Affirmative, the system used the image of the host but made it more defined and the body more accentuated. If the host's look value is 10/10 then the puppet should be 11/10.

 

another idea came out from Jay's mind. he shall make a brother figure for him to hide his identity. what he thought was to have an older brother identity for him and establish it as a cultivation genius. this will give Jay another shield to protect his true persona. and if push comes to shove and he needs to show his true strength, he can just chuck it as 'my brother assisted me to achieve this power' without a single ounce of cultivation talent.

 

he can just tell the truth to the people he wanted to tell it to...

 

'system set the personality of the puppet as my doting elder brother. and equip the immortal body to it'

 

Got it host, setting the persona of the puppet as a doting elder brother who is a handsome peerless genius that will make women swoon over him, and his spiritual roots shall be the immortal body constitution.

 

now what he needs to do is to find a way to have his puppet enter the sect.

Jay tried to stuff the puppet back inside the inventory and found out that he wasn't able to do it.

 

'huh? system, why can't I place the puppet back to the inventory?'

 

Activated puppets from the system cannot be stored.

 

'then, what to do?' Jay asked.

 

the puppets if not in use will move autonomously, they will be idling naturally or move if given tasks by the host. Don't worry host the puppets can use the system's inventory.

 

 

 

'use this the bronze coins and other mortal currencies at a bar or something.'

 

Acknowledge.

 

He walked back to the sect, and arrived at the residence late into the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We're going to make it more confusing now. LOL, anyways [something something] body = spiritual roots.

1