1-2
1.2k 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1. The Curve Wrecker

"Mu Chen is ranked top one again. Looks like  Mu Chen is going to win the national scholarship again," in the library a trainee said with some jealousy.

"I heard that he won the first prize at the national mathematics competition a few days ago."

"This is not a big deal. He took home the top prize in global cross-subject modeling competition for college students."

"I heard that he is proficient in computer science and won the Turing Award which is a valuable price."

"I heard that he also applied patents for three inventions."

"Why is he such a genius?"

"It is not a big deal. He's just a bookworm. I bet he doesn't know how to shell an egg. He is just good at academic exams. He will have a taste of the bitter life when he graduates."

"Maybe you are wrong. I heard that Mu Chen is good at cooking."

"No way, he can cook. Shouldn't he spend all his time studying?"

"No! I heard from Mu Chen's roommate that this guy likes to read novels and spent a lot of time reading novels."

"It's hard to imagine how he manages to do so well at study while spending so much time reading novels."

"Such a genius shouldn't exist! I bet he might be struck by lightning one day!"

"I agree. His existence is against nature law. He should be burnt into ashes by a thunder."

Mu Chen was silently looking at the ceiling on the bed. A moment ago, he was reading a novel l in his dorm. Next moment, he was struck by lightning.

Unknown memories flocked into his mind, which told Mu Chen that he had transmigrated into a different world.
Misfortune came from nowhere. Mu Chen did not have a clue what he did wrong and why he was sent here by a lightening strike.

"Young Master, Young Master, are you awake?" A manservant walked in and asked.

"Qi Four, get out, let me alone."

"Young Master, a Three-eyed Wolf King is going to fight in the Fighting Arena today. Do you want to take a look?"\

"Get out!" Mu Chen yelled.

Qi Four had a few looks at Mu Chen up and walked away.

"..."

"Even Qi Four is chased out. He is Young Master's favorite."

"Looks like the young master is so angry with Master Zhuang Yu. Now he even lost interested in the Fighting Arena."

"It is his first time to love someone so much but got rejected so hard. Poor man!"

"There are plenty more fish in the sea. It seems that Zhuang Yu is very hard to get. He'd better give up."

"Yes, Zhuang Yu is beautiful. But other than that, he is nothing."

......
Mu Chen sighed and heard the conversation between the two servants.\

After transmigration, Mu Chen had taken in the original owner's soul power. Now his hearing suddenly augmented several times. Therefore, he heard every single word the two servants said.

Mu Chen felt so sad because he not only transmigrated, but also into a novel he was reading.

This novel told a story about the growth of a goody two-shoes who was a bottom. He was born in a common family but very handsome with innocent quality which attracted different men to do everything for him.

There were two endings of these men. Those with excellent qualities were accepted by the bottom. Those who were not good enough ended up serving as cannon fodder.

Unfortunately, the character Mu Chen transmigrated into was a standard cannon fodder because he was an ignorant and incompetent lecher who depended his life on his wealthy family.

 

 

 

2. Being Rejected

"Young Master," Qi Four walked in with his head hanging down.

Mu Chen narrowed his eyes and glared at Qi Four in anger. He said impatiently, "Didn't I tell you not to bother me?"

According to the original book, Mu Chen's mother was dead years ago. His father, Mu Yuanfeng, was an alchemist who spent most of his life making elixirs. Although he loved Mu Chen, Mu Yuanfeng did not have enough time to take care of Mu Chen. Mu Yuanfeng would clean up the mess the original owner made.

Qi Four forced an awkward smile and said cautiously, "I remember what you said. It's just that Mr. Zhuang Yu came."

Mu Chen squinted and asked, "He's here? What is he doing here?"

Mu Chen narrowed his eyes. Although Qi Four acted respectfully, Mu Chen knew that this person didn't respect him like he did on the surface because Qi Four was a spy planted by Mu Yuanhang, Mu Chen's uncle.

According to his memory, Mu Chen was a good boy when he was young. He was talented in making elixirs. However, as he grew up, his uncle Mu Yuanhang started to introduce him a lot of entertainment activities secretly. Since Mu Chen was too young to control himself, soon he was distracted from education and wasted time on having fun.

Although Mu Chen was intimidated by his father Mu Yuanfeng, thanks to Mu Yuanhang who covered for Mu Chen, Mu Chen had a great fun during those years.

When Mu Yuanfeng found that Mu Chen had wasted his life on something unimportant, he tried to direct him into the right direction. But Mu Chen had never changed. As time went by, there was nothing Mu Yuanfeng could do.
Qi Four glanced at Mu Chen and said, "Mr. Zhuang Yu came to return the Aquamarine Sword. He said he can't accept it as a gift because he doesn't deserve it."

"Where is he?" asked Mu Chen.

"He is gone," Qi Four said.

"Where's the sword?" asked Mu Chen.
Mu Chen rolled his eyes in his mind.

 

According to the book, Zhuang Yu was a handsome man with noble quality and integrity. He did not have a reason to receive a gift given by Mu Chen, a bad man.

Mu Chen snorted. Zhuang Yu was not a talented person. He was so famous and lived well because he had different admirers done everything for him. Although he refused to accept Mu Chen's sword, he received a lot of things from others.

In Mu Chen's opinion, there were two reasons why Zhuang Yu didn't accept Mu Chen's gift. First, Zhuang Yu was playing hard to get.

 

Second, Zhuang Yu did not like the sword. Mu Chen had spent five hundred elementary stones on buying the Aquamarine Sword. However, in fact, this sword was only worth 50 elementary stones. Apparently, Mu Chen was deceived.

If Mu Chen could give Zhuang Yu five hundred elementary stones, Zhuang Yu might have accepted them.

Qi Four's heart trembled. He glanced at Mu Chen and said, "I keep it."

As Mu Chen was an arrogant person, he would either give the gift away or throw it away. But he would never take it back. Therefore, Qi Four took the liberty to keep the sword to himself. In his assumption, Mu Chen would be ashamed to bring up the sword again because Zhuang Yu rejected it. Therefore, Qi Four kept the sword.

"You have it? Why? As your own property?" Mu Chen mocked.

Qi Four knelt down and said, "Master, I don't dare. I took it away from you because I'm afraid that you'll feel sad when you see the sword."

Mu Chen snorted, "Why would I feel sad? Bring the sword to me."

Qi Four nodded and said, "Yes!"

Mu Chen took a deep breath. According to the original story, Mu Chen would be mad because Zhuang Yu rejected his gift and had a big fight with Chen Moran, one of Zhuang Yu's admirers. Mu Chen and Chen Moran were seriously injured. His father Mu Yuanfeng held a grudge against the Chen family because of this.

6