9-10
378 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9. Ye Shi's Plan

Chen Da went out to gather information about Mu Chen after he made arrangements for Ye Shi.

Two hours later, Chen Da returned and put on a smile, "Young master, from what I heard, Mu Chen is good-looking, young and promising. His father is a third-level alchemist..."

Ye Shi smiled helplessly, and said, "Uncle Chen, you don't need to comfort me. I also heard something else about Mu Chen. Mu Chen is a playboy. He has intimate relationship with many people. I heard that he has recently stopped seeing other men because he is obsessed with a young man named Zhuang Yu."

"I heard that Zhuang Yu is a beautiful man, and there are countless people who fall in love with him. Many people from wealthy and powerful families are willing to spend a lot of money for him, and Mu Chen is one of them."

Chen Da smiled awkwardly and said, "Young master, you already know about it?"
Ye Shi nodded and said helplessly, "Yes! People are talking about him everywhere in the teahouse. I don't even pay attention to know the gossip."

"Young Master, I heard that Mu Chen has changed and  been focusing on cultivation recently." Chen Da said with relief.

Ye Shi said in disapproval, "I don't think he changes and started focusing on cultivating. He is embarrassed of meeting people because he has no money."

Chen Da said, "Young Master, don't be too disappointed. Master Mu Chen is still young. Maybe he will become a better man in a few years."
Ye Shi gritted his teeth and did not see a bright future.

"Uncle Chen, how many elementary stones do we have?" Ye Shi asked.

Chen Da said embarrassedly, "There are twenty more." When Ye Shi was kicked out of the family, Ye Xun did not give him much money.

Ye Shi gritted his teeth and said, "Only twenty?! Uncle Chen, go and see which restaurant is hiring a deboner1A person who, or a machine which, debones (removes bones).."

Chen Da disagreed with Ye Shi's decision, "Young Master, you're a versatile. People will laugh at you for doing a butcher's job."

Ye Shi said in disapproval, "This is the only thing I am good at! Besides, it is a decent-paid job. Perhaps I will get a bonus for doing a great job."

After Ye Shi's mother passed away, Ye Shi was provided with less food. In order to have a full meal, Ye Shi often helped the chefs in the Ye family's kitchen. In return, he could get enough food. For those years, Ye Shi did not learn how to cook. But he mastered all the skills of butchering.

Chen Da felt angry when he thought of what Ye Shi had been through in the Ye family. Chen Da said helplessly, "Master, perhaps you lose weight. Men are into slender versatile."

Ye Shi pursed his lips and said angrily, "This is who I am. What can I do?"

Chen Da said helplessly, "Master, I don't think the Mu family would be happy with you working at a restaurant."

Ye Shi said glumly, "There is nothing else I am good at."

Chen Da looked at Ye Shi and said, "The first thing we need to do now is to visit the Mu family'."
Ye Shi pursed his lips and nodded, "Okay."

10. Not Welcome

Ye Shi followed Chen Da to the gate of the Mu family. Looking at the majestic Mu family mansion, Ye Shi was not sure what he should do.
Chen Da stepped forward and knocked on the door.

"Who is knocking early in the morning?!" A doorman yawned and asked impatiently.

Chen Da stepped forward and said, "We are from the Ye family in City of Yun. We are here to meet Senior Mu Ke."

"You want to meet our master? He is closing up for cultivation. He has no time for you." The servant glanced at Chen Da and Ye Shi who were dressed in ordinary clothes and said disdainfully.

Ye Shi's face flushed.

Chen Da frowned and said, "Can you send a message to Mr. Mu Yuanfeng?"

 
The servant sneered and said, "Who do you think you are? Do you think our master Mu Yuanfeng have time for you? No."

Chen Da said seriously, "Excuse me, can you deliver a message? My young master has a marriage engagement with Mu Chen. I am sure that Mr. Mu Yuanfeng will meet us."

The servant sneered and said, "Marriage engagement? I've never heard that our young master has engaged to anyone. Are you telling me he is your master? Look at him. How dare he dreams of marrying our young master Mu Chen. Young master Mu Chen is working so hard to pursue Master Zhuang Yu. You'd better stay away, or you will be in trouble."

Chen Da was so angry, "You...you...you..."
The servant sneered and said, "You, you what? Get out of the way! Otherwise, I will kick you out."

"Watch your language!" Ye Shi said with a long face.

"That's how I speak. If you are unhappy with it, you can go!" The servant said.
Ye Shi felt humiliated, "You... Uncle Chen, let's go."

Chen Da stopped Ye Shi and said, "But, young master..."

The servant glanced at the two of them coldly, "Go away. The Mu family is way out of your league."

Ye Shi pursed his lips and left with Chen Da.

"Master, don't worry. Just because the servant is a snob, it doesn't mean that Master Mu Chen is too." Chen Da tried to comfort Ye Shi.

Ye Shi said in disapproval, "Like master, like servant. Just because the master is so as a person, that servant also behaves that way. I can assume what Mu Chen is like."
Chen Da frowned and said, "Master, maybe it is not as bad as you are imagining."

Ye Shi pouted and said, "Uncle Chen, you don't need to comfort me. The whole world knows that Mu Chen is in love with someone else. There is no need to speak for him. Since Mu Chen is into someone else, we shouldn't force him."

At that time, Mu Chen was cultivating attentively in the training room and didn't know anything about Ye Shi's visit.

Mu Chen found that he still had the quick-learning skills from his previous life. He could quickly comprehend the cultivation methods of this world by reading it once or twice.

"Has Mu Chen been cultivating all the time?" Mu Yuanhang came over and asked.

Ren Three nodded and said, "Yes!"

Mu Yuanhang looked like he was happy with Mu Chen's performance and said, "Mu Chen has finally become mature."

Ren Three said nothing with his head hanging.

Mu Yuanhang took a deep look at the direction of Mu Chen's training room and left.
 

 

 

 

8