13-14
353 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

13. A Visitor

 

Ren Three knocked on the door and walked into Mu Chen's study, "Master, you got a visitor."

"Who is it?" Mu Chen asked.

"Mr. Chen Moran, and Mr. Zhuang Yu." Ren Three said.

Mu Chen was confused, "What are they doing here?"

Ren Three shook his head and said, "They did not say."

Mu Chen rubbed his fingers and said, "Since they are here, let's go and meet them."

Ren Three nodded and said, "Okay."

When Chen Moran saw Mu Chen, he said sarcastically, "Mu Chen, you look good! You don't lose any arms or legs. You even seem to have gained weight."

Chen Moran originally assumed that Mu Chen would be ashamed and heartbroken after Mu Chen was rejected by Zhuang Yu. In the end, Mu Chen looked so energetic, like a whole new person.

Mu Chen said to Chen Moran, "If you want me to see me without an arm or a leg, sorry to disappoint you."

As the two got tensed up, Zhuang Yu smiled awkwardly and said, "Mu Chen, that's not what he meant."

Mu Chen shrugged and said, "I don’t care."

Zhuang Yu pursed his lips and said, "I'm sorry about what happened last time."

Mu Chen shook his head and said, "When it comes to a romantic relationship, it involves two persons in it. You did nothing wrong to reject me since you don't like me."
Zhuang Yu was surprised that Mu Chen said so.

Chen Moran frowned and said, "Mu Chen, Zhuang Yu gets worried about you because you haven’t come to the martial arts academy for so many days. So he suggested to come visit you. But you are so indifferent to us. That is wrong."

Mu Chen: "..." He was being indifferent to them? Was he? It's kind of true that he was not as warmhearted as before.

Zhuang Yu had a look at Chen Moran and grabbed Chen Moran's hand, and said, "Moran, don't do this."

Chen Moran smiled at Zhuang Yu and gave Mu Chen a warning.

Zhuang Yu said to Mu Chen, "Mu Chen, do you know about the auction at Jiyue Auction House?"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I do. They are going to have an annual big auction. I heard that there will be a lot of good things at this auction. But I don’t have a lot of money recently. I guess I will just browse there.” 

Zhuang Yu pursed his lips and smiled, "It’s not bad to have a browse there. You can still learn things.” 

Zhuang Yu was disappointed. Mu Chen was really different. If he were the person he used to be, Mu Chen would have kept asking him if there is anything at the auction house that he was interested.

Chen Moran said to Mu Chen, "Are you short on money recently? No way, isn't your father an alchemist? How can you be short of elementary stones?"

Mu Chen smiled bitterly and said, "My father does has money. But it has nothing to do with me since that's not mine. There is nothing strange that I don’t have money.” 

Chen Moran sneered and said, "If you don't have elementary stones, you can earn some."

Mu Chen asked Chen Moran, "Do you have any suggestions?"

Chen Moran smiled and said, "Your father is an alchemist who has refined so many elixirs. You can sell some of them and you will get money in return."

Zhuang Yu said in shock, "Moran, what are you talking about? How can he sell elixirs without approval?"

"Yes! Brother Chen, you must be joking. How can I sell my father's elixirs without his approval!" Mu Chen said with disapproval.

Chen Moran laughed and said, "I'm just joking."

Mu Chen looked down and a cold light flashed across his eyes. It must be a plot that made Chen Moran said so, because it did not look like a coincidence!
 

14. Bone Shrinking Exercise

"Master, do you know about the Jiyue auction?" Chen Da asked.

Ye Shi said, "Uncle Chen, stop calling me Young Master. I'm a butcher now. Isn't it strange that you call me Young Master?"

Chen Da smiled awkwardly and said, "I have addressed you Young Master for years. It is not easy to make the change. What should I call you?"

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "Call me Stone."

 

(A/N: 石 ( shi / shí ) in Ye Shi's name means stone)

"I don’t think it is a good idea." Chen Da said.

Ye Shi said in disapproval, "Don’t mind it. A phoenix without feather is not as noble as a chicken. Besides, I am not even a phoenix so just all me Stone."

Chen Da shook his head and said, "You shouldn’t belittle yourself like that."

Ye Shi shrugged his shoulders  nonchalantly.

"Stone, the Jiyue auction will start soon. I heard that there are a lot of good things will be on auction." Chen Da said.

Ye Shi snorted and said, "What does it have anything to do with me? I can't afford anything. One ticket cost ten elementary stones. They are basically robbing money!"

Ye Shi pursed his lips and felt so unfair. He was now working at a restaurant. In return, he got one elementary stone a day, meaning thirty elementary stones per month. It was not even enough to feed himself.

Chen Da thought for a while and said, "Young master, in fact, it's not a bad idea to spend some elementary stones to see the world. Master Mu Chen should also go to the auction too. If we go, maybe we can see him again... "

Ye Shi rolled his eyes and said, "I spent ten elementary stones to see that loser? Does he worth it? I must be crazy to spend elementary stones to see him."

Chen Da, "..."

Mu Chen was lying on the bed, and there was a book about Bone-shrinking Exercise next to him.

Bone Shrinking Exercise could make the body smaller. If you want to hide who you are, you can use Bone Shrinking Exercise to shrink your body, and even reshape the bones of your face to change your face features.

Mu Chen's body shrunk inch by inch and eventually turned into a boy size at age of six or seven years old. Then Mu Chen's body gradually grew bigger and into its original size.

Mu Chen kept making himself smaller and bigger.

Mu Chen walked out of the room. Ren Three was surprised when he saw Mu Chen, "Master, you've been promoted to Nine-star."

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!"

Mu Chen was born with great talent. But the original Mu Chen had done great damages to his body. Therefore, Mu Chen spent some time recuperating his body and laying a solid foundation. Now that his body couldn’t be healthier, he had also regained affluent elementary stones and strength. One thig led to another, he promoted quickly.

"Master Mr. Mu Hong came visit again today. But he left since no one is allowed to interrupt you while you are resting.” Ren Three said.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I see." Mu Hong had been getting more and more impatient recently. These days, a servant waiting on Mu Chen accidentally mentioned elixirs. This servant must be bribed by Mu Hong.

Mu Chen didn't know that Spirit-breaking Elixir was worth at least 300,000 elementary stones, but the original owner had sold it at 20,000.

Mu Yuanhang finally took away all the elementary stones. In the end, Mu Yuanhang was promoted to Martial Art Spirit successfully. From then on, Mu Yuanhang had been more powerful than Mu Yuanfeng.

After Mu Chen decided to give Mu Yuanfeng a little hint, Mu Yuanfeng was already in guard. Everything was different.
 

 

 

 

6