37-38
334 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

37. Talk with Zhuang Yu

 

Zhuang Yu walked into the restaurant and said to Ye Shi, "Sit down."

Ye Shi was not happy that Zhuang Yu was acting like a he owned the place, "What do you want to talk to me? I have to work right away, so I can’t stay here for too long.” He was an employee of the restaurant. It was not appropriate to sit with a client!

"Don't worry about your work. What I want to say is more important than your work." Zhuang Yu said.

Zhuang Yu thought the owner of the restaurant would not punish Ye Shi even if Ye Shi slacked off because Ye Shi was protected by Mu Chen. 

Ye Shi rolled his eyes and looked at Zhuang Yu suspiciously.

Zhuang Yu asked about the lunch box Ye Shi was having, "Is it food in the lunch box?"

Ye Shi shook his head and said, "I don't know yet. I guess so."

"Aren't you going to open it and take a look?" Zhuang Yu asked.

Ye Shi nodded and opened the food box. It was a cake that Mu Chen once cooked for him at the last auction. This time, he added a lot of spiritual fruit on it. It looked even more beautiful than the last one.

Ye Shi's eyes were bright. He had been thinking about of having another bite of the cake since last time.

"Can I taste it?" Zhuang Yu was interested in the cake in Ye Shi's food box because he had never seen it before.

Ye Shi glanced at Zhuang Yu. Although he did not want to, he nodded and cut a small piece for Zhuang Yu with the knife in the box.

After cutting a small piece for Zhuang Yu, Ye Shi cut a large piece of cake for himself.

Zhuang Yu frowned at the sight of the "small" cake, and then at the "big" cake in front of Ye Shi. Zhuang Yu, who was always favored by young men, had never been treated like this.

It was also not easy for Ye Shi to share such a small piece of cake. 

Zhuang Yu took a bite of the cake. Something he had never felt melted in his mouth. Zhuang Yu narrowed his eyes.

It was really delicious. When Mu Chen was chasing him, Mu Chen had never cooked a cake for him. 

Ye Shi gulped the cake and finished the entire cake very soon. Zhuang Yu disliked Ye Shi’s table manners.

"Aren't you going to eat it? I can help you." Ye Shi said, staring at the small piece of cake in front of Zhuang Yu.

Zhuang Yu smiled and said, "I am eating. It’s tasty.” 

Ye Shi bit the spoon and said, "Mu Chen said he cooked it himself, but I don't believe him. I bet it must be made by his chef."

Zhuang Yu was not satisfied with the sweet smile on Ye Shi's face when he talked about Mu Chen.

"What I want to say may hurt you, but I think I still have to tell you." Zhuang Yu looked at Ye Shi and said seriously.

Ye Shi looked at Zhuang Yu and asked, "What exactly are you trying to say?"

Zhuang Yu looked at Ye Shi and said with pity, "Mu Chen's grandfather Mu Ke and your grandfather are good friends. Just because of this, Mu Ke arranges his family to marry you. The younger generation of the Mu family competed for the chance. In order to please Mu Ke, Mu Chen will inevitably use special methods."

Ye Shi's eyes narrowed, "What do you mean?"

"Don’t you understand what I mean?" Zhuang Yu asked.

Ye Shi squeezed his fists so tightly that he was about to bleed.

"What's your purpose for doing this?" Ye Shi asked.

Zhuang Yu said sympathetically, "I don't want Mu Chen to fall into this kind of conspiracy and tricks. After all, it is not a right thing for a righteous man to do. And I don't want you to fall too deeply into it."

Ye Shi clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, "Thank you for your kindness."

Zhuang Yu sighed lightly, and said, "I know this is hard for you to accept now. But you should end all the pain as soon as possible before…”

Ye Shi looked at Zhuang Yu with sharp eyes and said, "How do you know Mu Chen doesn't like me for real?"

Zhuang Yu felt depressed that Ye Shi did not appreciate him for his kind reminder.

"You should know it too. Why else does Mu Chen treat you so well?” Zhuang Yu said lightly.

Ye Shi's heart ached. He couldn’t even breathe.

Ye Shi frowned and said, "How did you know? Mu Chen told you personally."

Zhuang Yu was stunned for a moment and said, "No."

"If Mu Chen did not tell you personally, why are you so sure?” Ye Shi gritted his teeth and glared at Zhuang Yu.

Zhuang Yu argued, "This is very obvious! After all, a normal man would... not like you!”

"I don't want to hear anything from you. I only believe if Mu Chen tells me why he is so nice to me.” Ye Shi stood up and said irritably.

Zhuang Yu sighed and said, "Whatever."

 

38. Struggling

 

"Yu, have you finished talking?" Lan Ruofeng walked in and asked.

Zhuang Yu nodded after glancing at Ye Shi, and said, "Yes."

Looking at Lan Ruofeng and Zhuang Yu leaving, Ye Shi gritted his teeth.

As soon as Zhuang Yu left, Ye Shi's strong disguise he had put on in front of Zhuang Yu immediately collapsed. His face turned pale.

"Ayu, what did you say to that person?" Lan Ruofeng asked.

Zhuang Yu sighed lightly and said, "I tried to remind him  not to fall too deeply into a fantasy that doesn't belong to him. However, it seems that he doesn't want my good intentions."

Lan Ruofeng shrugged and said, "Ayu, you are too kind. There are many people in this world who don't appreciate others’ kindness. Sometimes, they might take you for harming them."

"I don't care how he thinks of me. I just did the right thing.” Zhuang Yu said lightly.

Chen Da asked as Ye Shi walked into the kitchen with worried expression, "Stone, what's wrong with you? Are you sick?"

Ye Shi looked terrible. Chen Da was worried about him. Ye Shi had always been strong. He wouldn't be heartbroken easily unless it was a really heavy blow.

"What did Master Mu Chen's servant say to you?" Chen Da asked with a frown.

Ye Shi shook his head and said with a bleak face, "No, he didn't say anything."

If it was not him, who else could it be?

"What is this?" Chen Da asked while looking at the food box holding by Ye Shi.

"It's a cake sent by Mu Chen." Ye Shi said.

Chen Da said, "Master Mu Chen is really considerate."

Ye Shi bit his lip and said desperately, "Yes, he is. But why?"

Chen Da asked, "Stone, what are you thinking about? Isn’t it good that Master Mu Chen treats you well?"

Ye Shi took a deep breath and said, "He's just too good."

 

 

…………

"Has he received my gift?" Mu Chen asked Ren Three after he finished his meditation.

Ren Three nodded and said, "Yes."

"Did he say anything?" Mu Chen asked with eyes open.

Ren Three nodded and said, "Young Master Ye Shi said, you should slow down. And take care of yourself. And…And…you are so stupid. Even if you work without eating or sleeping, you might not be able to succeed.” 

Mu Chen, "..." His Stone was such an awkward person. Ye Shi was obviously worried about him, but he did not say it directly.

 

…………

At night, Ye Shi tucked himself in but he couldn’t sleep. His eyes were watery.

Chen Da, who woke up in the middle of the night, was startled by Ye Shi. Ye Shi did not look right. Ye Shi was a food lover and never said no to food. But Ye Shi skipped dinner and shared the pastries with others.

The pastries that Master Mu Chen sent were very delicious. Even the chef at the restaurant who specialize in pastries liked them.

Chen Da remembered that Ye Shi had said before, that Mu Chen made delicious cakes but the cakes were too small. Ye Shi could only have a few bites.

"Stone, what happened?" Chen Da looked at Ye Shi and said.

Ye Shi looked at Chen Da and said, "Zhuang Yu said that Mu Chen treats me so well just because he wants to impress his grandfather Mu Ke.”

Chen Da frowned and said helplessly, "Stone, how can you believe what Zhuang Yu said? According to my observation, he accepts all admirers. I bet he is suddenly interested in Mu Chen because Mu Chen now ignores him. Don’t you think so? Zhuang Yu used to look down on Mu Chen. Now when Mu Chen ignores him, he felt dissatsified.” 

Ye Shi said, "Uncle Chen, are you saying that Zhuang Yu lied to me?"

"Yes. Master Mu Chen is Mu Ke's grandson. Although your grandfather is a good friend of Mu Ke’s, you are just an outsider to Mu Ke. If Mu Chen wants to please Mu Ke, he doesn’t have to risk his marriage." Chen Da tried to explain.

Ye Shi gritted his teeth and said, "Uncle Chen, you are right. Zhuang Yu must have lied to me."

"Master, if you like Master Mu Chen, you should do something. So far, Master Mu Chen is the only one who works hard for the relationship!" Chen Da said.

Ye Shi bit his lip and got into deep thought.

7