41-42
375 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

41. Uninvited Guests

 

Mu Chen frowned. Lan Ruofeng? Why did Lan Ruofeng come here?

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and said, "Are you going to see him?"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes."

Mu Chen walked into the hall with Ye Shi. When Ye Shi entered the hall, he saw that Zhuang Yu was actually there.

When Zhuang Yu saw Ye Shi behind Mu Chen, a trace of dissatisfaction flashed in his eyes.

Zhuang Yu was dissatisfied with Ye Shi and vice versa. Ye Shi glared at Zhuang Yu who did the same to him. Ye Shi was still mad that he had shared his cake with others and he blamed Zhuang Yu for that.

Zhuang Yu frowned and couldn’t understand why Ye Shi did not listen to his advice. After he made it so clear to Ye Shi, Ye Shi still came to visit Mu Chen. What a stubborn man! 

Lan Ruofeng was dissatisfied with Ye Shi’s manners because Ye Shi was glaring at Zhuang Yu. 

Mu Chen sat down with Ye Shi hand in hand. 

"Young Master Lan, I cannot agree to your request." Mu Yuanfeng said with a gloomy face.

Lan Ruofeng frowned and said coolly, "Second Master Mu, the price is the final offer. You should think about it."

Mu Yuanfeng gave Lan Ruofeng a cold look and said, "Young Master Lan, say no more. I need this elixir myself, so I won't sell it."

Lan Ruofeng said with a gloomy face, "Since that's the case, I won’t disturb you."

Mu Yuanfeng said with a gloomy face, "Please see yourself out."

Lan Ruofeng shot a hard stare at Mu Yuanfeng before leaving. Zhuang Yu immediately caught up with Lan Ruofeng. While Zhuang Yu was walking out, his eyes still lingered on Mu Chen.

Mu Chen felt so creepy when Zhuang Yu looked at him with sad eyes.

"Father, what are they doing here?" Mu Chen asked Mu Yuanfeng.

Mu Yuanfeng took a deep breath and said, "They are here to buy elixirs."

"Buying elixirs? You mean..." Mu Chen said with a frown.

Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "That's right. It's the one you are thinking."

Any elixirs that could increase the cultivator's elementary strength and had low side effects were always valuable and rare. Once Mu Yuanfeng succeeded in making Spirit-breaking Elixirs, Mu Yuanfeng had kept it as a secret in case people would steal them. There were only a few in the family knew about it.

Now that Lan Ruofeng knew about it, the secret must have been leaked by someone in the family. 

Mu Chen frowned and took a deep breath. In the original story, Lan Ruofeng shouldn’t have debuted by now. But if Mu Yuanhang let out the secret and Lan Ruofeng came here for the elixirs, it all made sense. 

"Father, what are you going to do now?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng shook his head and said, "I don't know either."

"Father, you should keep that elixir for your own use.” Mu Chen frowned.

Mu Yuanfeng sighed lightly, "Now is not the best time to take that elixir."

Mu Yuanfeng had just been promoted to a nine-star martial art master. He barely got the hang of it. Based Mu Yuanfeng’s original plan, he would spend another year or two to push his cultivation to the peak of nine-star martial art master before taking the Spirit-breaking Elixir. By then, there would 60% chance of advancing to next level. If he took it now, there would be only 20% chance at most.

Mu Yuanfeng closed his eyes and there was a strong sense of resentment in his chest. For so many years, he had been forgiving towards Mu Yuanhang in many ways. But Mu Yuanhang was always plotting against him. Now he was obviously crossing the line. 

Ye Shi sat there silently without saying a word. Although he didn't know exactly what happened, he also knew that Mu Yuanfeng seemed to be in trouble.

Mu Yuanfeng put on a tender face as he looked at Ye Shi and said, "Stone, welcome. I remember that I saw you a few years ago, when you were just a baby."

Ye Shi said, "Uncle Mu, nice to meet you."

Mu Yuanfeng patted Ye Shi's shoulder and said, "You should move in here first. The environment is the restaurant is not comfortable, which is not conducive to your cultivation. If you move here, you can spend more time with Chen and get to know more about each other."

Ye Shi looked at Mu Yuanfeng blankly.

"Don't you want to?" Mu Yuanfeng asked Ye Shi.

Ye Shi shook his head and said, "No."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and frowned. He had talked to Ye Shi so many times before, but Ye Shi turned him down. Now he said yes to his father’s first attempt. 

 

 

42. Future Plan

"Father, what are you going to do?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng's face sunk. The news had already been spread out there. Now all parties were plotting against him. It was not possible for him to keep the elixir for two more years. The best solution was to take the elixir right now.

However, he couldn’t take the elixir at any conditions. There must be a protector watching him, otherwise he might go crazy.

If his father were here, he would definitely make him give the elixir to Mu Yuanhang because his strength was not yet at the peak of nine-star martial art master. But Mu Yuanhang had been stuck in this grade for several years. In fact, when the elixir was just made, Mu Ke had the intention to give the elixir to Mu Yuanhang, but he did not mention anything.

Now it was a good opportunity for his father to make him do so, for the sake of the family's future. But how could Mu Yuanfeng live with that? It was very likely that Mu Yuanhang was the one who leaked the secret.

However, even if his father knew that it was Mu Yuanhang's fault, he would still do it, because he was not only a father, but also a family master. As long as it was good for the family, his father would do it. It was exactly why Mu Yuanhang did it in the first place.

"I don't know. If I take the elixir now, the success rate is too low now. But I don’t want to sell it.” Mu Yuanfeng shook his head and continue saying, "The market value of Spirit-breaking Elixir was 300,000 elementary stones, or could even reached up to one or two million in the black market. Lan Ruofeng offered 350,000 for the elixir. It is really absurd.”

Mu Chen looked up and said, "Father, why don’t we let the elixir sold at the auction house."

"Auction house?" Mu Yuanfeng asked.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes. It's probably not just the Lan family who got the news. If we keep the elixir to ourselves, we are the target they will plot against. In that case, why don’t we have it auctioned and get a better price? In that case, you will use the money to buy materials to make another Spirit-breaking Elixir or buy more books or materials to enhance the skills of making elixirs.”

Mu Yuanfeng narrowed his eyes and said, "You're right. It's a good idea to have it auctioned." Since he could make the Spirit-breaking Elixir once, he could make it again when he's ready. 

Mu Yuanhang had already went to ask their father for help. It was clear what he was up to. Therefore, Mu Yuanfeng needed to act quickly.

"Let's go." Mu Yuanfeng said to Mu Chen.

"Now?" Mu Chen asked in surprise.

"The faster, the better. Don't you want to visit the auction house?" Mu Yuanfeng said with a smile.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Okay!"

"Uncle, are you going outside? It's not very peaceful outside now. You..." Mu Hong tried to stop when he saw Mu Yuanfeng and Mu Chen.

Mu Yuanfeng shot a cold look at Mu Hong and said, "Yes. Why? Do I have to report to you?"

Mu Hong smiled akwardly and said, "You must be joking."

Mu Yuanfeng snorted coldly, and didn't want to waste time with Mu Hong, and left with Mu Chen.

"Master Hong, what's wrong with the Second Master?" asked a close servant of Mu Hong’s.

Mu Hong had a sense of mockery in his eyes as he watched Mu Yuanfeng leaving. Mu Yuanfeng is just a nine-star martial art master right now. As long as his grandfather was here, he would defend Mu Yuanhang.

Mu Hong said indifferently, "I don't know. It seems that uncle is not in a good mood. Maybe Mu Chen is too stupid, and his alchemy training did not go smoothly."

"Master Hong, should we keep an eye on second master?" asked Mu Hong's servant.

Mu Hong said with disapproval, "Forget it." Mu Yuanfeng was so strong. He would notice if someone was watching. At such a critical time, he couldn’t mess up with Mu Yuanfeng, or Mu Yuanfeng might really go crazy.

As soon as Mu Yuanfeng left, Mu Yuanhang walked out of Mu Ke's training room.

"Where's your uncle?" Mu Yuanhang asked Mu Hong.

"He has left." Mu Hong said.

Mu Yuanhang’s heart sunk and felt ominous. He hoped that Mu Yuanfeng wouldn’t do something unexpected. "Do you know where he went?" Mu Yuanhang asked.

Mu Hong shook his head and said, "I don't know."

"And you didn't tell anyone to follow him?” Mu Yuanhang felt a bad premonition in his heart.

Mu Hong nodded and said, "Yes, Dad. When will Grandpa walk out of his training room?"

"Tomorrow." Mu Yuanhang said. 

4