53-54
358 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

53. Mu Yuanfeng’s Teaching

After Ye Shi and Mu Chen finished their meal, they went back to Mu's house. Mu Chen was surprised that the servants in the family treated him with a lot more respect.

They showed respect not because they were not intimidated by his identity but from the bottom of their hearts. On the way back to his room, he walked pass several maids.

Ye Shi was with him, but the maids kept winking at him. Mu Chen could only laugh bitterly.

Usually there is no one on this road. He met several at once, and there was a pretty girl who literally threw herself into his arms. If he didn't avoid quickly, maybe he would embrace a girl in his arms. Although being admired by a girl was what most men yearn for, but he was an exception because he was gay!

Ye Shi stood aside, although he didn't say anything, his eyes sunk.

For a moment, Mu Chen had a feeling that Ye Shi would smack the girl's face, but Ye Shi just smiled dissatisfiedly, which made Mu Chen feel creepy.

"Father." Mu Chen greeted Mu Yuanfeng respectfully.

"Where's Ye Shi?" Mu Yuanfeng asked.

"He went to practice." Mu Chen scratched his head and said.

Mu Yuanfeng squinted his eyes and said, "Really? Ye Shi's energy is soaring quickly. It seems that he is about to become a four-star warrior?"

"So soon?" Mu Chen couldn't help saying.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled and said, "Yes! Ye He praised Ye Shi's aptitude in letters several times in the past. It seems that he did not exaggerate."

Mu Chen nodded, Ye Shi also had the golden finger given by the author. If Ye Shi was not strong enough, he would not be able to help Lan Ruofeng. Although he was a cannon fodder, he was an outstanding one.

"Father, I found that something has changed in the family." Mu Chen blinked and said.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled lightly and said, "You are right. You've become a first-level alchemist, and the servants in the family look at you with admiration."

"I am just a first-level alchemist." Mu Chen said.

"The social status of an alchemist is very high. On the way you came home, did you meet many young girls who winked at you?" Mu Yuanfeng asked jokingly.

Mu Chen's face sunk, and he said embarrassedly, "Father, how did you know?"

Mu Yuanfeng smiled lightly and said, "I guess so. It's human nature. You used to tease young girls in the family, but they always avoided you as if you were a beast. I assumed that their attitude will change once you have become an alchemist now."

Mu Chen, "..." What a pro! Mu Yuanfeng was really unpredictable.

Mu Yuanfeng patted Mu Chen's shoulder and said earnestly, "Son, you know, as long as you perform well in alchemy, any kind of beauty will come to you. You don't need to do extra efforts at all."

Mu Chen, "..."

"Father, when can I learn the refining of second-level elixirs?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled and said, "Chen, I know you are in a hurry, and I also know that the refining of first-level elixirs is not difficult for you at all, but your strength is a shortcoming.

Second-level alchemy refining requires enough physical strength. You have also seen that Lan Ruofeng is a second-level alchemist, and he is already a nine-star warrior."

Mu Chen cursed the original owner in his mind for wasting such a good aptitude for so many years.

"How far do I have to practice before I can learn to refine second-level medicinal pills?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng thought for a while and said, "At least a five-star warrior."

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I see."

Mu Yuanfeng patted Mu Chen's shoulder and said, "Take your time. Why are you suddenly so eager to become a second-level alchemist?"

Because Lan Ruofeng that Ye Shi originally loved in the book was already a second-level alchemist. Although Ye Shi's fate had changed because of him. But who would know if the original book would affect Ye Shi later?

"This is the elementary stone card for you. There are 10,000 elementary stones in it. In the future, if you make a medicinal pill and sell it, the elementary stone will be directly saved to this card." Mu Yuanfeng said.

"10,000 elementary stones? So many? Father, is this allowance for me?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng shook his head and said, "No. This is how much you earned."

Mu Chen said in surprise, "Alchemy is so profitable?"

Mu Yuanfeng said, "Of course, otherwise why would so many people want to be alchemists?"

Mu Yuanfeng squinted his eyes. When ordinary alchemists first learn alchemy, their success rate was extremely low. They would be lucky enough not to splash all their money on it, unlike his son who made a fortune out of it.

 

 

 

 54. Scream in Pain

 

"Master, it’s ready." Ren Three poured buckets of beast blood into the wooden bucket, and then said to Mu Chen.

Mu Chen nodded, loosened his muscles and said, "Okay, you go outside and watch for me. Don't let the others in."

"Okay." Ren Three responded simply and walked out.

During this period of time, Mu Chen had been insisting on physical training. His body that was originally thin had grown muscles and even got abs.

The Hundred Exercises was effective but too painful.

Mu Chen looked at the wooden barrel full of blood, took a deep breath, calmed himself down, and stepped into the wooden barrel.

With improvement of Mu Chen's physical training techniques, the quality of the beast blood used by Mu Chen also leveled up. The elementary stones that Mu Chen spent on various beast blood every day increased. 

"Ouch!" As soon as he stepped into the wooden barrel full of beast blood, Mu Chen couldn't help groaning.

Mu Chen gritted his teeth, tried hard to forget the pain, and sank into the practice.

"Ren Three." Ye Shi walked to the door of Mu Chen’s courtyard and said to Ren Three.

"Master Ye Shi, how can I help you?" Ren Three looked at Ye Shi and asked.

"I'm here to find Mu Chen. Where is he?" Ye Shi asked.

"He is cultivating inside. It will take him a while to come out." Ren Three said.

When Mu Chen's screams sounded, Ye Shi frowned and couldn't help worrying, "He is cultivating, but why is he screaming like he was in a huge pain?"

Ren Three scratched his head and said, "He has always been like this when he is cultivating."

"Has it always been like this?" Ye Shi rolled his eyes, poked a hole through the window paper, and peek through the hole.

As if they were sensing each other, Mu Chen looked up in Ye Shi's direction. Ye Shi was instantly startled and stepped back.

Ye Shi blushed and said to himself: Mu Chen is taking a bath with no clothes on. Why did not Ren Three tell him? It seemed that he had seen Mu Chen naked. Although he was sure that he only saw one naked arm because the rest of his body was covered with blood.

Ren Three was confused why Ye Shi looked at him with complaints.

"Mu Chen doesn't look very good. Is the bath water too hot?" Ye Shi said with a blushing face.

"That's not bath water, it's beast blood which shouldn't be hot. Master Mu Chen is cultivating, not taking a bath." Ren Three said.

Ye Shi looked through the hole worriedly, and said, "Just cultivating? Since it's not hot, how could Mu Chen sound like he's in huge pain?" He sounded like he was physically abused.

"He is cultivating a body-refinement art, and it seems very painful to practice that art." Ren Three explained.

"Training his body? Mu Chen actually takes physical training?" Ye Shi was shocked. It was usually very painful to practice body-refinement technique. Ye Shi did not think that a young master like Mu Chen would not have the strong will to practice such skills.

In the room, Mu Chen tightly closed his eyes. Impurities continuously oozed from Mu Chen's body, and a burst of brown light shone all over Mu Chen's body.

Mu Chen was excited. After such a long period of training, his body refining technique finally made a breakthrough.

"Wait. He's about to advance." Ye Shi said as he felt the vitality of the world around him.

"Looks like so. Young Master Ye, it's you who motivated him to practice so har," Ren Three smiled at Ye Shi, full of compliments.

Ye Shi nodded and said thoughtfully, "Maybe. He has to make progress in case that there will be a fight between him and I. He doesn’t want to lose to me!"

Ren Three, "..."

Mu Chen walked out after wearing a robe and said, "Stone, come in."

Ye Shi followed Mu Chen into the room, and he looked Mu Chen up and down.

"You seem to be a little different." Ye Shi hesitated.

Mu Chen smiled and said jokingly, "Am I getting more and more handsome?"

"Yes! You are in better body shape." Ye Shi said with a smile.

Mu Chen, "..."

"Ren Three told me that you are training your body?" Ye Shi asked.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes! My father thought my physical condition is too weak, so he told me to train my physical strength.” 

According to the book, Hundred Exercises could speed up the healing of wounds. At the level of Great Achievement, cultivators could heal himself instantly even if his body is cut with a big hole.

"It sounds very interesting. Can I try it too?" Ye Shi asked.

Mu Chen frowned and said, "It's too painful, I'm afraid you won't be able to bear with it."

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen suspiciously, and said, "Really? I don't believe it."

Mu Chen scratched his head and said, "It's really painful."

"For you, it sounds so because you scream so loud like a dying pig. But I think it's very interesting!" Ye Shi leaned forward and said.

Mu Chen, "..."

 

 

4