61-62
337 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

61. Second-level Alchemist Certification 

 

"Master, there is information about the person you want me to investigate. Ye Shi lived in Mu's house. He seems happy to be with Mu Chen. Mu Yuanfeng also values him very much. It is said that Mu Yuanfeng spent 100,000 elementary stones to buy Ye Shi an admissions letter of the Saint Star Academy." A black-clothed man said to Lan Ruofeng.

Lan Ruofeng squinted with a bit of suspicion flashed in his eyes, "It's such a surprise that Mu Yuanfeng attaches so much importance to Ye Shi."

Why is Mu Chen so good to Ye Shi? Does he really like Ye Shi? Or, Mu Chen also knows about the relationship between Ye Shi and Qu Kun, so he is taking advantage of him? 

Lan Ruofeng frowned. A voice in his mind kept reminding him that he had to find Ye Shi, otherwise he would lose something very important. Thinking of Ye Shi's ugly face, Lan Ruofeng was not happy to do so.

"Master, Ye Shi has been promoted to a seven-star warrior. He is quite talented." The man in black reminded.

Lan Ruofeng nodded and said, "It's not bad. But it's possible that he abused the usage of elixirs."

"Ruofeng." Zhuang Yu walked out of the room.

When Lan Ruofeng saw Zhuang Yu, his eyes were instantly filled with warmth. Lan Ruofeng wouldn’t be so struggling if Ye Shi was as half beautiful as Zhuang Yu.

"Ruofeng, what are you thinking about?" Zhuang Yu asked.

Lan Ruofeng smiled and said, "I miss you! Besides missing you, what else can I think of?"

Zhuang Yu smiled at Lan Ruofeng, "That is so sweet of you."

Lan Ruofeng hugged Zhuang Yu. Now that Ye Shi would go to the Saint Star Academy, so there was no need to find him now on purpose. They would meet at the academy one day eventually.

When Ye Shi got to the academy and saw the world, he would know that Mu Chen was mediocre compared to other outstanding talents in the Saint Star Academy.

A person like Ye Shi was not valued in the family, and his mother died at a young age. Presumably, as long as he showed a little welcome, Ye Shi would throw himself into his arms.

 

…………

 

 

Mu Chen and Ye Shi found an Alchemist Guild in the city and walked in.

"Excuse me, is there anything I can do to help?" A young girl in blue came out and asked.

Ye Shi pointed at Mu Chen and said, "He wants to be certified as a second-level alchemist."

"Please come with me." The girl didn't seem surprised at all when she heard what Ye Shi said. It was the difference between a big city and a small city!

"Second-level alchemist certification requires a fee of 3,000 elementary stones." The girl walked ahead of the two and said lightly.

Mu Chen seemed calm but Ye Shi stumbled and almost fell.

"Stone, what's wrong with you?" Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi shook his head and said embarrassedly, "Nothing."

Ye Shi was overwhelmed that Mu Chen could get more elementary stones every month after he became a second-level alchemist, but he never thought that getting the certification of a second-level alchemist would charge three thousand elementary stones! It would take ten months to get the money back. If he failed, he would lose that money for nothing. For Ye Shi, he had to work hard at the restaurant for a few years to earn the money!

"Master Mu, this way please. This young master, sorry you can't go in." The woman in green stopped Ye Shi.

Ye Shi glanced worriedly in the direction where Mu Chen left and paced back and forth.

The woman in green threw Ye Shi out in case Ye Shi’s anxiety would bother others.

Coincidentally, Ye Rong saw it when Ye Shi was kicked out.

"Ye Shi, you were kicked out? Where's Mu Chen? I know. You were dumped by him. I wanted to remind Young Master Mu to be careful about whom he was with. But now it looks like he doesn't need it anymore." Ye Rong smirked.

A cold light flashed across Ye Shi's eyes. He suddenly attacked Ye Rong. Ye Ming didn't expect Ye Shi to suddenly attack and shouted, "Master Ye Shi."

Ye Shi smashed Ye Rong with a punch, and Ye Rong spat out a mouthful of blood.

According to Ye Rong's temperament, she would definitely yell once she was beaten up. But Ye Rong was frightened and scared by Ye Shi’s fierce-looking face. She just wanted to run away.

"Kill her! Kill this damn girl. She used to bully you all those years and now she is trying to separate you from Mu Chen." There was a voice in Ye Shi’s mind that kept telling Ye Shi. So Ye Shi did.

Ye Ming was frightened by Ye Shi's sudden attack, "Master Shi, Master Shi, calm down!"

Ye Shi reached out for Ye Rong's neck. Ye Rong hurriedly backed away. The arrogance on her face suddenly disappeared because she was panicked and scared.

Ye Shi's eyes were blood red, "Stone." Mu Chen walked out and called.

Hearing Mu Chen's voice, Ye Shi's eyes turned less red and he slowly let go of Ye Rong's neck.

Ye Rong took a few steps back in panic as soon as she was freed.

Mu Chen frowned with worries flashed across his eyes.

Looking at Mu Chen's facial expression, Ye Shi opened his mouth, "Mu Chen, I..." Ye Shi wanted to explain something, but he didn't know how to explain it.

Mu Chen took Ye Shi's hand and said as usual, "Stone, let's go."

Ye Shi looked at their hands that were intertwined together and felt relieved.

Ye Rong stared at the back of the two leaving in shock, her eyes filled with deep hatred.

Only when the two of them go far away, Ye Rong dared to complain angrily, "Ye Shi, this lunatic, he meant to kill me, He really did! I really don't understand why grandpa preferred him. He should be dead soon."

Ye Rong’s voice was hoarse because she had just been strangled by Ye Shi.

"Sister, stop talking. Are you alright? Can you participate in the recruitment of Saint Star Academy?" Ye Wu asked with concern, but in his eyes, there was a hint of schadenfreude.

Ye Rong gritted her teeth fiercely and said, "Don't worry about it."

"What's wrong with Ye Shi?" Ye Cheng asked in confusion.

When Ye Shi was in Ye's house, he was always quiet and soft. Ye Cheng never thought that Ye Shi would actually have the courage to attack Ye Rong on the street.

Ye Ming frowned. Just now, Ye Shi suddenly attacked Ye Rong, which really scared him. In his impression, Ye Shi was not such an impulsive person!

"Probably sister hit his sore point." Ye Wu thought for a while.

"His sore point? Mu Chen?" Ye Cheng asked thoughtfully.

Ye Wu nodded and said, "I guess so. As ugly as Ye Shi is, Mu Chen is the only who likes him. Sister said that Mu Chen would abandon him, which outraged Ye Shi."

"How can Mu Chen bear Ye Shi’s irritable temper? He doesn't have masochism, does he?" Ye Rong said viciously.

Ye Cheng looked at Mu Chen's back and said, "Two evils. They are quite an item.”

"Mu Chen came out of the Alchemist Guild so quickly. I guess he probably didn't succeed." Ye Wu guessed.

As they were talking, several first-level alchemists came out.

"That young man was really powerful. Just now, he made a second-level elixir in one go."

"Yeah! He looks like fourteen or fifteen years old. Young people today are fiercely competitive."

"That guy seemed to be worried about his fiancée, so he got his badge and second-level alchemist robe and hurriedly left."

"I heard from the maid inside that his fiancée is a versatile who is ugly. This guy’s type is special."

"That young man is very proud. He did not even respond to Miss Cheng Wanbai from Cheng's family."

"..."

Ye Wu frowned and said, "Are they talking about Mu Chen?"

Ye Cheng nodded thoughtfully and said, "It should be him."

"He actually became a second-level alchemist." Ye Wu said with a complicated expression.

 

…………

 

A beautiful-looking woman walked out of the Alchemist Guild. Ye Wu and Ye Cheng were shy and embarrassed when they saw this girl.

Ye Rong rolled her eyes at Ye Wu and Ye Cheng.

"Miss, don't be angry. Just a second-level alchemist, nothing special. There are many in our family." The maid in blue said to Cheng Wanbai.

Cheng Wanbai narrowed her eyes and said, "What do you know? Indeed there are many second-level alchemists in the family, but not at such a young age. Besides, that man's alchemy technique, is smooth and fluent, even perfect. I have only seen such a perfect technique when my father did it."

The maid muttered indignantly, "But, he... was too rude."

"A talented person always has a weird temper. Send someone to check where he has gone?" Cheng Wanbai said indifferently.

The maid nodded and said, "Yes, miss."

Ye Rong looked at Cheng Wanbai with jealousy flashed in her eyes.

"Wait up. She is gone." Ye Rong said angrily to Ye Wu and Ye Cheng.

"She's so beautiful!" Ye Wu said.

Ye Rong rolled her eyes and said, "She's pretty indeed. She's wearing a second-level alchemist robe. Did you notice? What a pity that she is interested in Mu Chen, not you two!"

Ye Cheng frowned and said, "She is interested in Mu Chen. Does it mean that Ye Shi will be abandoned?"

"Even without her, Mu Chen couldn't stand a rude guy like Ye Shi sooner or later." Ye Rong said angrily.

 

62. Spending Money Like Water

Ye Shi followed behind Mu Chen but felt upset, "I'm sorry, I..."

Mu Chen glanced at Ye Shi with a cold expression, "You shouldn't punch people on the street."

Ye Shi did not understand. Mu Chen sighed and explained, "There are guards in the city. It might not be a big deal if you maim her. But if she dies, it will be a big trouble. This is not City of Mo. We are only outsiders. They will not go easy on us.”

"Aren't you mad at me?" Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and asked with some anxiety.

Mu Chen squinted his eyes. The fiction said that Ye Shi's bloodline was special. Once he became furious, Ye Shi would easily lose his mind. Once Ye Shi became violent, it would be difficult to control.

Mu Chen smiled and said, "I am fine with it." Ye Shi was only a supporting role in the fiction, and there were not many mentions about him. Mu Chen almost overlooked this point. The Hundred Physical Exercises accelerated Ye Shi's talent, which was why Ye Shi became more impulsive.

"What happened to you just now?" Mu Chen asked.

"I don't know either. I just feel that the blood rushed into my head all of a sudden, and I lost my mind." Ye Shi said with frustration.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and asked, "Did you and Ye Rong have a bad history?"

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! I told you that I was poisoned before, and the one who poisoned me was Ye Rong's mother. Her mother disliked me, and Ye Rong is just like her."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said thoughtfully, "Really? If you really want to do something about her, do somewhere no one is around and make sure there is no evidence leading to you."

Ye Shi, "...Actually, I didn't want to kill her. And I didn't know what was going on just now."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said, "It is my fault. You use beast blood to refine your body. Although you get promoted quickly, it has side effect. For example, you will become very impulsive."

Ye Shi said in surprise, "Is that so? Then what should I do?"

"I'll refine some Mind-calming Elixirs for you." Mu Chen comforted.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Okay."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi with some worry. Ye Shi was like a time bomb at the moment. It was hard to predict if he would lose it again, especially when they were at the Saint Star Academy.

Since Mu Chen was not angry, Ye Shi changed the subject and asked, "Where are we going now?"

"Go to the market in the city and collect some prescriptions for elixir." Mu Chen said.

"Again?!" Ye Shi was shocked. Mu Chen had been collecting prescriptions of first-level and second-level elixir along the way, and he had already collected more than seventy of first-level, and more than ten of second-level.

Most alchemists wouldn’t waste too much time on low-level elixirs. It took time to refine many kind of elixirs skillfully, even if it was a first-class elixir.

Many third- or fourth-level alchemists could refine only about a dozen first-level elixirs.

"Although one prescription of a first-level elixir is cheap, it is expensive if you add them up." Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and said.

Along the way, Mu Chen had spent more than 30,000 elementary stones on the first- and second-level prescriptions. Mu Yuanfeng gave them 50,000 elementary stones before they left. Ye Shi believed that they would soon spend all the money they had.

Mu Chen smiled at Ye Shi and said, "I know how to spend money, also I know how to make. I know what I am doing."

Ye Shi pouted and said disapprovingly, "I don't really understand why you bought that prescription that makes people fart constantly."

Mu Chen shrugged and said confidently, "Anything that exists has its value."

Ye Shi said, "I hope so."

Ye Shi thought about it to himself. If he encountered Zhuang Yu who would tell him what to do again, he would poison him with the type of elixir to make him fart continuously. By then, he would no longer able to put on such a proud and innocent look.

Thinking of this, Ye Shi got why Mu Chen bought the prescription with one hundred elementary stones.

Mu Chen smiled lightly as Ye Shi looked that he understood. The foundation of any knowledge was very important. Only when the foundation was solid could it be possible to advance.

Mu Chen firmly believed that as long as he collected enough prescriptions of making first-level and second-level elixirs, it was possible for him to deduce the method of making third-level elixirs. Prescriptions of making third-level elixirs were much more expensive but less accessible than that of first-level and second-level.

"Here we are." Mu Chen stopped in front of a large store and said.

Ye Shi felt helpless. Fine! You splash the money! Spend all money we have. In case we don’t have enough money, we can at least go hunting for money. I am now a seven-star warrior. I have no problem with protecting myself. 

 

5