77-78
324 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

77. Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman

"You fool!" While Ye Shi was standing in front of the light curtain, happily watching the score, a cold scold sounded behind him.

Ye Shi turned around and saw Jing Chiyan with an angry brow. Ye Shi felt guilty.

"Master Shifu." Ye Shi called out with a smile.

Ye Shi rubbed his hands. When he went out yesterday, he had promised Jing Chiyan to go back immediately. As something happened to Mu Chen, Ye Shi immediately forgot his promise to Jing Chiyan to go back as soon as possible.

"You disappeared since yesterday. You promised that you would come back immediately?" Jing Chiyan stared at Ye Shi coldly and said angrily.

Ye Shi looked at Jing Chiyan with guilty and said, "I'm sorry! Master Shifu, it is an accident. I could have come back earlier."

Jing Chiyan snorted coldly and said, "Accident? It is an excuse."

Jing Chiyan gritted his teeth. He had accepted a few apprentices before, but those apprentices used to be frightened of him, but Ye Shi was the first to not take him seriously.

"Master, don't be angry, I really have something to do. Can you take me to see the test of talisman-making." Ye Shi said with a flattering face.

Jing Chiyan laughed. Ye Shi didn't apologize but also asked him to take him to see talisman assessment. Why?

Jing Chiyan was from the martial school. The fight between the martial and art schools had never stopped. The martial school advocated strength first, but art school focused on one specific skill. Jing Chiyan stood on the side of martial school.

"Assessment of talisman making? Isn't your fiance an alchemist? Why do you want to see what the talisman makers are doing? Have you found a new fiance who is learning to make talismans? The accident you mentioned is that you dumped an alchemist, and then chose a talisman maker? Ye Shi, those people in the art school don’t practice well, and they mess around all day. If you want a new fiance, you should pick someone from the art school.” Jing Chiyan said earnestly.

"No, I only have Mu Chen. Mu Chen was sent to the Talisman School and could only participate in the assessment of the Talisman School." Ye Shi explained eagerly.

Jing Chiyan sneered, "You mentioned that your fiance is so smart. That person couldn't even fill in the form, and a second-level alchemist actually took himself to the Talisman School. I don't think this guy is too smart."

Ye Shi gritted his teeth, blushing, and said, "It's not like this. Mu Chen can't be wrong. It's the people at the registration made a mistake."

Jing Chiyan said in disapproval, "The academy can't make mistakes. So, it must be your fiancé who made the mistake. You should dump him as soon as possible. This one is stupid."

"No! Mu Chen treats me very well." Ye Shi gritted his teeth.

Jing Chiyan smiled disapprovingly, and said, "You didn't see many people before. In the future, you will find that there are better people in the academy than your fiancé."

Ye Shi said with a long face, "No, Mu Chen is the best."

Jing Chiyan looked at Ye Shi, and said to himself, Mu Chen made his apprentice so determined.

Ye Shi bit his lip, looked at Jing Chiyan with anticipation, and said, "Master, take me to see the selection of Talisman School."

"It's okay to take you to see it, but it's not good for me to interfere with the selection of the Talisman School." Jing Chiyan thought for a while and said.

"Okay." Ye Shi nodded in understanding.

"Speaking of which, the written test should have ended. Has your sweetheart been kicked out?" Jing Chiyan asked coolly.

"No, Mu Chen has passed. Although his score is not very high, he has passed." Ye Shi said proudly.

"How did he pass?! He cheated?" Jing Chiyan said thoughtfully.

Ye Shi glared at Jing Chiyan angrily and said, "No. Mu Chen has eidetic memories."

"Well, but it's nothing to brag. Many people in the academy has eidetic memories." Jing Chiyan nodded and said.

Ye Shi, "..."

…………

 

The Talisman's assessment was to duplicate the Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman which is a second-level talisman. As long as there were no more than five mistakes, it was considered a pass.

When Ye Shi and Jing Chiyan arrived, the candidates had finished making talismans and their talismans were under test.

When Mu Chen saw Ye Shi and Jing Chiyan coming over, he was surprised. Ye Shi glanced in Mu Chen's direction, and withdrew his gaze.

A talisman mentor picked up a talisman, and said in a cold voice, "Two mistakes, not bad."

"Master Shifu, Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman is a second-level Talisman!" Ye Shi said with a frown.

Jing Chiyan nodded and said, "Yes!"

Ye Shi frowned and said with dissatisfaction, "Why is the second-level talisman exam so difficult? First-level talisman exam is quite enough."

Jing Chiyan carried his hands on his back, and said arrogantly, "Our college wants to recruit geniuses, not mediocre talents. Second-level talisman is difficult? The candidate should feel lucky that they did not have to do a third-level talisman exam."

Ye Shi gritted his teeth and said, "It's too strict."

Jing Chiyan looked at Ye Shi and said, "Are you nervous?"

"I... I am not!" Ye Shi said.

When checking each talisman, the mentor would announce the number of mistakes first and then try to activate the talisman.

Ye Shi said suspiciously, "Master Shifu, why are some talismans with errors still able to activate? Some with more errors can be activated, and those with fewer errors can't!"

Jing Chiyan said lightly, "As long as the main structure has no errors, it can still be activated. Even if there are a few more errors, as long as it can be activated, it is a pass. However, generally, talismans with more than five errors cannot be activated."

Ye Shi nodded and said thoughtfully, "I see."

The mentor checked all the way, and soon it was Mu Chen's turn. Ye Shi's heart suddenly rose to his throat.

"Seven errors, fail." The mentor said. Ye Shi's face sunk.

"Wait a minute." Ye Shi couldn't help shouting.

Jing Chiyan frowned, glanced at Ye Shi, and said nothing.

"Student Ye, what's the matter?" The mentor asked.

"Sir, why don’t you try to activate it?" Ye Shi asked.

"Student Ye, there are too many mistakes in this talisman, and it can't be activated at all." Fan Li said coldly.

Ye Shi frowned and said, "Whether it can be activated or not, we won't know until it has been activated! Besides, you have also tried to the previous ones with seven mistakes!"

"Student Ye, I've been devoting myself in talisman for decades. I can tell whether this talisman can be activated, so I don't need to try it at all." Fan Li said gloomily.

"That might be accident. You might make mistake." Ye Shi insisted.

Fan Li frowned and said, "Student Ye, talisman..."

"Enough, Instructor Fan, just activate it. It's not a big deal anyway. If the talisman cannot be activated, my apprentice will let it go." Jing Chiyan interrupted Fan Li.

When Fan Li heard this, his face turned red and he said, "Okay."

A blue light flashed, the talisman in Fan Li's hand flew into the air, a gust of breeze blew above. Boundless rain fell and a burst of vitality spewed out. Surprisingly, grass grew out of the dirt.

There was a sound of exclamation among the crowd. For a while, many students looked at Mu Chen, and Fan Li's face turned pale.

Jing Chiyan was surprised, "Mr. Fan, you've made a misjudge this time! The effect of this talisman is so obvious. There shouldn't be so many mistakes."

Fan Li smiled awkwardly and said, "Yes. However, the talisman drawn by this student seems to be different from the original structure of the Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman. It seems to be a new type of structure, so I..."

"Anyway, since he can make such a talisman, he passes the test." Jing Chiyan stared at Fan Li and said.

Fan Li nodded reluctantly and said, "You are right. He has indeed passed."

Ye Shi smiled.

…………

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi's direction, a bit of complexity flashed in his eyes.

No matter how talented he was, but any conspiracy in the academy may kick him out of the game. Mu Chen shouldn't have made so many mistakes, but the structure of the Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman that the academy gave him was flawed. Mu Chen had no choice but only thought of ways to improve the structure.

If Ye Shi were not here...

Jing Chiyan glanced in Mu Chen's direction, and interest flashed in his eyes.

Mu Chen gave Jing Chiyan a grateful glance.

"Okay, apprentice, there's not much to see now, let's go." Jing Chiyan looked at Ye Shi, who was full of joy.

Ye Shi nodded and replied, "Okay." Quickly caught up with Jing Chiyan.

"You said that Mu Chen has never contacted Talisman before and he has just learned it recently?" Jing Chiyan asked Ye Shi with great interest.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes!"

Although Jing Chiyan did not learn how to make talismans, he still had a basic understanding of how to make talismans. Historically, the talisman masters who learned how to make talismans in half a month were already geniuses. Jing Chiyan had never heard that anyone could make a level-two talisman within one day.

Jing Chiyan looked at Ye Shi and said, "So, it took Mu Chen less than two days to learn how to make a second-level talisman."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yeah! I said earlier, Mu Chen is a genius, he is amazing, right?"

Jing Chiyan looked at Ye Shi, and said, "That kid is a liar. He must have lied to you."

"How is that possible! Mu Chen used to learn alchemy, and it was because the academy got him into talisman making, so he went to learn talisman making. I bought those talisman making books for him." Ye Shi defended.

Jing Chiyan nodded and said, "Okay, in this way, that kid has some talent, and is barely worthy of my apprentice."

Ye Shi blushed.

"Mu Chen's talisman is good for cooling down the weather! It's chilly." Ye Shi said.

Jing Chiyan, "...The Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman is used to increase the production of the spiritual crops, not to cool down weather."

Ye Shi pouted and said, "Increasing production of spiritual crops? Is it worth a lot of elementary stones?"

Jing Chiyan nodded and said, "Yes Stone, people in our martial school don’t put elementary stones as priority. We shouldn’t put elementary stones before everything like those from art school. Understand?”

"I see." Ye Shi nodded.

 

 

78. New structure

"Stone, the Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman that your sweetheart made is different from the ordinary ones. It seems to have a new type of structure that makes the talisman's power more than doubled. If he sells this new type of structure, It shouldn't be a problem to sell at a few hundred thousand stones." Jing Chiyan said.

Ye Shi's eyes lit up. During this time, they also spent the 600,000 elementary stones Mu Chen got from the low-level Alchemist Guild on renting a house, buying a ring, training materials, talisman books, talisman pens, talismans, and talisman papers. If this Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman could be sold for money, then he would be more relaxed.

"Master Shi, who would buy it?" Ye Shi asked excitedly with wide eyes.

"There are many people who want it. Many students in the academy come from a family who owns thousands of acres of spiritual fields. Those people will definitely be interested in this talisman." Jing Chiyan said without hesitation.

Ye Shi rolled his eyes, and a little light flashed in his eyes.

"But..." Jing Chiyan paused and shook his head.

Ye Shi frowned and said, "What?”

"However, that talisman seems to be modified by your sweetheart by accident. Now that the talisman has been used, it is uncertain whether he can still remember the structure." Jing Chiyan said regretfully.

"Mu Chen will definitely remember it. He is a genius! He will never forget it." Ye Shi said with confidence.

Jing Chiyan looked at Ye Shi, smiled, and said, "You really believe him!"

"Of course." Ye Shi said naturally.

 

…………

Lan Ruofeng stood there with a gloomy face.

Lan Da frowned. His face turned pale.

"Are you sure that Mu Chen has never learned to make talismans?" Lan Da asked with a bad tone.

Lan Ruofeng nodded and said, "He is a second-level alchemist, so he shouldn't be able to make talismans!"

"However, he did refine a talisman, and it's still a second-level talisman." Lan Da said with a long face.

"I don't know why this happened?" Lan Ruofeng said.

Lan Da sighed and said, "Actually, just in case, the Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman that Mu Chen copied has already been changed. If Mu Chen duplicates that one without making any change, his copy would not be activated.” 

Lan Ruofeng was in a bad mood. It seemed that there was no possibility that Mu Chen would stay, but this guy stayed.

"If Jing Chiyan didn't appear at that time, then Mu Chen would have been kicked out for sure. But  he did appear at that time." Lan Da shook his head and said.

In order to drive Mu Chen out, he even asked for Fan Li’s help. Unfortunately, the appearance of Jing Chiyan not only made Mu Chen stay, but also made Fan Li lose face.

…………

"Mu Chen, he succeeded." Cheng Wanbai looked at the list of freshmen at Saint Star Academy and said.

Xie Danyan frowned and said disapprovingly, "He did. But he is in just Class Yellow, the lowest level. It's nothing special."

"Danyan, Mu Chen is an alchemist, it's not easy for him to make this far." Cheng Wanbai said helplessly.

Xie Danyan said disapprovingly, "I bet this guy must have learned to make talismans. How could ordinary people learn to make talismans in one day?"

Cheng Wanbai smiled and said nonchalantly, "Even if he has learned it before, it is not easy. He knows how to make elixirs and talismans. Amazing!"

"You can't have everything at the same time. He is eye-catching right now. Sooner or later, he will eat his own medicine." Xie Danyan pouted and said.

"No matter what, it's always good to stay here." Cheng Wanbai smiled and said.

"I heard that Mu Chen had someone help him. If Senior Jing hadn't helped, this guy would have been kicked out." Xie Danyan pouted.

Cheng Wanbai rolled his eyes and said, "What I heard is completely different from what you heard. That teacher made a misjudge. Mu Chen's talisman could be activated but the teacher said that it couldn’t. I heard, that talisman worked very well and stunned everyone who was there."

Xie Danyan said in disapproval, "It would be nice if it was that amazing."

…………

The classes in Talisman School were categorized into four classes: Heaven, Earth, Blue, Yellow. The students in the Class Heaven had the best quality, and the Class Yellow was the worst.

The Class Heaven was equipped with the best tutors and the best resources. The students of the Class Heaven were given 10,000 elementary stones every month, while the students in the Class Yellow did not get a single stone.

The students of the Class Heaven just needed to study the talisman. The students of the Class Yellow had to hand over a certain amount of talismans to the school every month. The students of the Class Heaven could get a 30% discount when buying things in the school, while the the Class Yellow need to pay original price.

Students in the Heaven Class enjoyed their own private rooms but for students in Class Yellow, four of them had to share a room. Of course, Class Yellow students could also pay for a single room if they needed it, but with high surcharge.

All in all, the treatment of the Class Yellow and the Class Heaven was vastly different. Students may move to another class. The school would have an assessment every month. If one performed well, he would enter a better class, and those who performed poorly would be degraded to worse class.

When Mu Chen walked into the dormitory, the other three students in the dormitory looked at Mu Chen at the same time.

Originally, based on the level shown by Mu Chen's talisman, Mu Chen should not be placed in the Class Yellow. However, Mu Chen offended Fan Li. Even with Jing Chiyan as his backer, Mu Chen was placed here.

"Mu Chen, who did you offend? Senior Fan Li seems to have a prejudice against you!" Yan He looked at Mu Chen and said.

Mu Chen smiled and said, "I don't know either! It's the first time I saw him today."

"Mu Chen, what's your relationship with that Ye Shi? He seems very nervous about you?" Lu Yi  said.

Mu Chen smiled and said nothing.

"Mu Chen, you have a visitor." Jiang Cheng said.

Mu Chen looked towards the door and saw Ye Shi standing outside with a smile on his face.

"Why are you here?" Mu Chen asked as he walked out of the room.

"Come and see you. I just found out the shameless tutor put you in the Class Yellow. According to your grades, you should deserve more." Ye Shi said with dissatisfaction.

Mu Chen smiled nonchalantly, and said, "It doesn't matter. Let's talk about it elsewhere."

Ye Shi nodded. The two held hands and left.

The other three people in the dormitory couldn't help looking at each other when they saw this.

"Mu Chen, why is your talisman different from other people's?" Ye Shi asked curiously.

Mu Chen squinted his eyes and said, "Because there is something wrong with the talisman I got, so I had to make adjustments to its original structure."

"How did you know there was something wrong with the talisman?" Ye Shi asked.

"I can see it." Mu Chen said.

Mu Chen took out a talisman and said to Ye Shi, "This is Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman drawn entirely based on the talisman sent to me." As soon as Mu Chen tried to activate it, the talisman turned into ash.

Ye Shi blinked his eyes, puzzled, "How could this happen?"

"I don't know. Fortunately, you showed up at that time, otherwise..." Mu Chen clenched his fists. It felt terrible that he was being controlled. 

Ye Shi gritted his teeth, full of resentment, "I'll go tell Master Shifu..."

Mu Chen grabbed Ye Shi's hand, "The talisman issued by the school has been taken back. We have no evidence now. The martial school and art school don’t get along and your master Shifu is from martial school. It is inappropriate for him to interfere with art school. Besides, we are just freshmen.”

Ye Shi gritted his teeth and said dejectedly, "Should we let it go?"

Mu Chen patted Ye Shi's hair and said, "It's not too late to take revenge in ten years. For now, we should put it aside. Why do you come here?”

"Ah! I almost forgot about the business." Ye Shi suddenly came back to his senses and said, "Mu Chen, did you use a new type of structure for the Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman you made? Master Shifu said, your talisman is more effective than Ordinary Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman.”

Mu Chen squinted his eyes and said, "I made some modification on the original pattern of the talisman."

"Do you still remember the structure? Master Shifu said that the pattern is worth several hundred thousand elementary stones." Ye Shi said.

Mu Chen narrowed his eyes and said, "Really?"

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes!"

…………

"Classmate Ye, are you looking for me?" A short, chubby boy asked with a smile on his face, standing in front of Ye Shi.

The young man's name was Fu Yuanbao. He had been in Saint Star Academy for three years. With the strength of a one-star martial art master, he didn't have much talent in cultivation, but he was a good player in business.

"I heard that you know everything about Saint Star Academy." Ye Shi said with narrowed eyes.

The young man scratched his head and said with a dry smile, "I am flattered."

Ye Shi gave him a thousand elementary stones and asked, "I want to know who in Alchemy School  is in charge of recruiting students?"

"Lan Da. If you ask anyone else, you will know the answer. So I am not going to charge you.” Fu Yuanbao said with a genuine smile.

"Lan Da, what is the relationship between Lan Ruofeng and Lan Da?" Ye Shi asked with a frown.

"Both of them are from Lan's family, and Lan Da is Lan Ruofeng's uncle. This question is exactly worth one thousand elementary stones." As soon as the fat boy said that, he immediately put away the money he got.

Ye Shi was gloomy. He was confused that as soon as he and Mu Chen arrived here, Mu Chen got tricked over and over again. Was it Lan Ruofeng behind the scenes? That guy was really not a good thing.

Why did Lan Ruofeng do this? Was it because Mu Chen repeatedly rejected Zhuang Yu, and Lan Ruofeng held a grudge because of it? A couple of evils.

Fu Yuanbao looked at Ye Shi's angry face, and raised his eyebrows. Ye Shi's fiancé, Mu Chen, was a second-level alchemist, but his name appeared in the Talisman School. It was a miracle that Mu Chen, who was eliminated from the competition, unexpectedly passed the assessment of the Talisman School.

Ye Shi squinted, looked at Fu Yuanbao and said, "I want to auction a kind of rune structure of Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Mu Chen didn't forget that structure?" Fu Yuanbao said in shock.

"You know Mu Chen?" Ye Shi said unexpectedly.

Fu Yuanbao said in his heart: I know everything that is happening at the Saint Star Academy. The Spring Breeze and Rain Talisman refined by Mu Chen amazed many people!

"Of course I heard about a young genius like Young Master Mu." Fu Yuanbao said with a smile.

"Mu Chen is a genius. Well, do you have any good suggestions?" Ye Shi asked.

"Yes, but, according to the rules, I will take 1% as my income." Fu Yuanbao blinked his big eyes and said.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Deal."

 

7