93-94
452 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
93. Competing to win over
"Master Mu, there is still a day's journey before we can reach the imperial city." Chen Da walked into the cabin and said to Mu Yuanfeng.
 
"Are we there soon? I wonder how is Chen'er and Stone doing." Mu Yuanfeng looked out of the window, with a mixture of joy and worry on his face.

"Life in the imperial capital doesn't seem to be easy. I am worried if Stone is in trouble." Chen Da said worriedly.

 
"He is now martial king's apprentice. He will be fine!" Mu Yuanfeng comforted.
 
Chen Da nodded and said, "This boy is silly but lucky, but I hope he doesn't offend the Lord martial king."

Mu Yuanfeng shook his head and said, "Don't worry. He won't."

 
A huge roc was flying in the sky, with a huge palace on its back.
 
Rocs are docile in temperament, huge in size and easy to tame. Some major forces often raise some rocs for transportation.
 
Mu Yuanfeng and Chen Da were now on the back of a fourth-level roc. Mu Yuanfeng spent 50,000 elementary stones to rent a lounge.
 
The rest room that Mu Yuanfeng rented was relatively cheap, and fancy rest rooms required 100,000 or even hundreds of thousands of elementary stones. Most of the guests on roc were rich or expensive, and most of people could not afford to offend them.
 
The roc landed outside the city gate. Mu Yuanfeng noticed that there were many magnificent carriages parked outside the city gate, and they should have come to pick up people.
 
Mu Yuanfeng and Chen Da were behind. Watching the distinguished guests on the roc being picked up one by one, Mu Yuanfeng couldn't help feeling a little sad.
 
"Are you Mu Yuanfeng, Master Mu?" A middle-aged man walked straight towards Mu Yuanfeng and asked.
 
Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "Yes!"
 
"Master Mu, I am a member of the low-level alchemist guild. Your son, Mu Chen, is the honorary elder of our guild. The guild president knows that you are coming and specially prepared a meal to welcome you." The man said in a respectful way.

Mu Yuanfeng couldn't come back to his senses, "Is Mu Chen the honorary elder of your guild?"

 
"Yes!" The middle-aged man nodded.
 
"Go away! Who doesn't know that Mu Chen and your low-level alchemist guild had a fell out?" A slightly thin-looking man rushed over and said.
 
The man gave the middle-aged man a stern stare, and looked at Mu Yuanfeng with a flattering smile, "Master Mu, I am from the Talisman Guild. Your son Mu Chen is really talented in making talismans. The president of our guild has already sent him an invitation letter, and soon, he will become the elder of our talisman guild. He will be the youngest elder in our guild!"
 
Mu Yuanfeng frowned, looked at the person in front of him, smiled helplessly, and said, "Sir, I think you must have misunderstood. My son hasn't learned how to make talismans for a long time, and he is not capable of being an elder of your guild."
 
The skinny man looked at Mu Yuanfeng eagerly, and said, "Master Mu, what you said is wrong. Your son is a genius! He definitely has the ability to be an elder of our guild. You can't underestimate your son."
 
  "But......"
 
"Alchemy Master Mu, we are from the Alchemy Masters Association. Congratulations on your promotion on becoming a Martial Spirit! Our president would like to invite you to have a cup of tea." A beautiful-looking woman pushed the two of them away and approached Mu Yuanfeng.

Mu Yuanfeng frowned. Forget about the low-level Alchemist Guild, but even the Alchemist Guild has come, and the Talisman Guild. What is going on here?

 
"Master Mu? When you were in City of Li, you entrusted our Refiner Guild to make a sword and we already made one for you. Would you go to our guild to see the sword that was made by the fourth-level Refiner Master Hua Yang and Yuan Cheng jointly. You will love it..."
 
Mu Yuanfeng felt more and more strange. He commissioned someone to make a weapon in City of Li, but the people from the Refiner Guild would not finish it for a while. And they asked him to pay a deposit first before they could make the sword.
 
At that time, he paid a deposit of 100,000 elementary stones, and he would pay final payment of 100,000. 200,000 elementary stones s was barely enough to pay for a third-level refiner.
 
How could two fourth-level craftsman master make them?
 
"At that time, we agreed on a third-level craftsman." Mu Yuanfeng said hesitantly. His current asset was not enough to afford a fourth-level craftsman.
 
"Yes, don't worry. This weapon is a gift for you, and we won't charge you the final payment." The man flattered.
 
"Thank you." Mu Yuanfeng was a little flattered.
 
"You Refiner Guild is too much."
 
"You, the Alchemist Guild, are shameless."
 
"What do you, Talisman Guild, want to do?"
 
"Mu Chen is our guild's elder, registered one."
 
............
Mu Yuanfeng frowned and stood on the side, watching the crowd quarreling.

............

 
 
Quarry.
 
"Move quickly, move quickly. You are lazy again, you young people! You are afraid of hardship and tiredness. If you want to make a fortune, is there such a good thing in the world? If there is such a good thing, it is not your turn." Xiong Wei hugged the wine gourd and looked at Mu Chen and Ye Shi with disgust.
 
Ye Shi gritted his teeth. Although he was extremely angry, he didn't dare to say anything.
 
"You are so weak that you can't even lift a small stone. Didn't you eat at all?" Xiong Wei sneered.
 
"You woke us up early in the morning. We didn't eat at all." Ye Shi said sullenly.
 
"It turns out that you really didn't eat! It's not an excuse either. You two are both martial masters. It doesn't matter you don't eat for a few meals" Xiong Wei snorted coldly.

Ye Shi was too lazy to pay attention to Xiong Wei, and carried the stone forward with difficulty.

 
Ye Shi found that moving stones every day was not a bad thing. At the very least, his element power became much more solid.
 
"Do you two know that there are a lot of people committing crimes in the academy recently!" Xiong Wei was lying on a large rock, one leg crossing over the other, scratching his feet, looking at the two of them.
 
Ye Shi raised his head and asked, "Why is that?!"
 
"Why? Because they want to make mistakes, and then come to the quarry to find you." Xiong Wei sneered.
 
"Find us?" Ye Shi frowned in confusion.
 
Xiong Wei nodded and said, "Yeah! However, these wicked guys have already been sent to other areas, so you won't be able to see any of those."
 
"Are they here to take revenge on us?" Ye Shi asked.
 
Xiong Wei raised his eyebrows and said, "That's not true. I heard that the two of you have created a new type of fire talisman that can absorb the sun's essence from it?"
 
Ye Shi's face was instantly lightened up with joy, "Has the appraisal result of the Talisman Association come out?"
 
Xiong Wei squinted his eyes, looked at Ye Shi, and said, "So, does this really exist?"
 
The expression on Ye Shi's face suddenly stiffened, and he looked at Mu Chen uneasily.
 
Mu Chen said lightly, "Yes, but the aura of the sun's essence contained in this talisman is too weak. It is not easy to condense the sun's essence through it."
 
Xiong Wei looked at Mu Chen with a serious face, and said, "Do you have that kind of talisman?"
 
Mu Chen nodded, took out a flame talisman, and handed it to Xiong Wei.
 
"It's really the sun's essence fire, and it is very pure. It's a pity that the intensity of the flame is too small. It would be better if it could be stronger." Xiong Wei said with regret.
 
Mu Chen smiled and said, "This is all I can do."
 
Xiong Wei glanced at Mu Chen and said indifferently, "At your age, it's not easy to be able to do this."
 
"Thank you for your praise, senior." Mu Chen bowed his head and said respectfully.
 
"Get back to your work. Don't think you can get away from the punishment just because you are smart. I've got both eyes on you. Don't get lazy." Xiong Wei sneered.

Ye Shi pursed his lips and said to himself: All the masters of the Saint Star Academy are alike. Their attitudes are so unpredictable like the weather.

............

 
At night, Ye Shi sealed the entrance of the cave and hid with Mu Chen in a cave in the quarry.
 
"Are you ready?" Ye Shi asked while looking at Mu Chen who was finishing work in front of the alchemy furnace.
 
Mu Chen adjusted his breath, opened his eyes, and said, "Yes."
 
Ye Shi leaned forward and looked at the pill furnace. There were twelve snow-white medicinal pills in the pill furnace, and the rich spiritual energy made people feel relaxed and happy,
 
"This is what can make the martial artist unconditionally increase by one star, the Benefiting Pill!"
 
Mu Chen nodded and said, "It should be right."
 
"It's delicious! Can I eat one more?" Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and said with anticipation.
 
Mu Chen glared at Ye Shi helplessly, and said, "No."
 
Ye Shi was full of regret and said, "What a pity..."
 
"Benefiting Pill only takes effective for the first time. Eating more is useless." Mu Chen explained helplessly.
 
Ye Shi stared at the pills in the pill furnace, sniffed, and said, "Just one."
 
Mu Chen took an elixir for Ye Shi and swallowed one himself. Mu Chen had already entered the realm of a three-star martial artist master a few days ago. After taking the elixir, he could become a four-star martial art master.
 
"Mu Chen, the Benefiting Pill is a third-level pill, right?" Ye Shi asked.
Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!"
 
"Then you are now a third-level alchemist?" Ye Shi asked.
 
Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!"
 
"That's great! After you go out, you should be certified as a third-level alchemist." Ye Shi said.
 
Mu Chen raised his eyebrows and asked inexplicably, "Why?"
 
"Senior sister said that you waste all day on studying something important. Unlike you, Lan Ruofeng focuses on alchemy, so he is already a third-level alchemist. What's so great about Lan Ruofeng? Just a third-level alchemist. I heard that his success rate in alchemy is very low, and he always pays for it." Ye Shi pouted and said with disdain.
 
Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi's competitive appearance, smiled lightly, and said, "Okay, after I go out, I will go for the third-level alchemist certification."
 
Ye Shi hugged his knees, leaned on Mu Chen, and asked, "Mu Chen, after we go out, there will be a chance to transfer to another school, would you consider it?"
 
Mu Chen smiled and said, "Yes!"
 
"You want to go to the Alchemy School! You will become Lan Ruofeng's rival!" Ye Shi said with a frown.
 
Mu Chen shook his head and said, "No, I want to go to the Inscription Academy."

Ye Shi hesitated for a moment and said, "Isn't it enough for you to study at Talisman and Alchemy School? You also want to study inscriptions?"

 
Mu Chen smiled and said: "Actually, I'm already a third-level talisman master, and I don't find any difficulty in refining the third-level medicinal pills, the third-level talismans. But I am not there yet to refine fourth-level medicinal pills and the fourth-level talismans. So why don't I take this opportunity to learn another skill?"

Ye Shi: "..."

"No difficulty in refining the third-level medicinal pills and third-level talisman!" One sentence echoed in Ye Shi's ears again and again.

 
 
94. Became Popular
In the early morning, Ye Shi walked out of the cave. Being promoted to a four-star martial artist, Ye Shi was in a good mood, so good that even when he saw Xiong Wei, Ye Shi was still in a good mood.
 
"Hey, both of you have actually been promoted to four-star martial arts masters? Are you taking drugs?" Xiong Wei said with his arms folded, looking at Ye Shi and Mu Chen.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! We took one, and it tasted very good. Mu Chen said that I can only take one at most."

Xiong Wei: "..."

 
"Since the strength of the two of you has improved, the weight of those stones must be no longer challenging for you. Go and move that pile." Xiong Wei pointed at the pile of heavier stones.
 
Ye Shi said with depression.
 
"It's not fair. There are so many people in this quarry. Why are you only staring at us?" Ye Shi said indignantly. He didn't believe that Zhuang Yu would obediently move the stones! This old man obviously treated them unfairly.
 
Facing Ye Shi, Xiong Wei showed a bright smile and said, "Why am I staring at you? Because I'm optimistic about you!"
 
Ye Shi looked at Xiong Wei's smiling face and trembled with anger.
 
Mu Chen pulled Ye Shi's arm and said, "Okay, let's go."
 
Ye Shi gave Xiong Wei a fierce look.
 
"This guy has an affair with Shi Ziyu, so he doesn't like us. He is taking revenge on Shi Ziyu's behalf." Ye Shi whispered to Mu Chen.

After Ye Shi finished speaking, a wine gourd from the back smashed heavily on Ye Shi's head.

 
Ye Shi held his head and screamed.
 
Xiong Wei looked at the two of them, and said: "You two better behave. I not only stare at you, but also listened. You knew nothing but talk nonsense."

Ye Shi looked at Xiong Wei in exasperation but Xiong Wei said angrily, "Stop looking at me. Leave!" 

 
Mu Chen pulled Ye Shi to walk away. Ye Shi walked for a while before complaining to Mu Chen, "That old man's wine gourd smells like feet. The smell is killing me."

Mu Chen looked back and said, "Okay, stop talking nonsense. He might catch up."

 
Ye Shi looked back, worrying that Xiong Wei might catch up.

............

 
At night.
 
Ye Shi stretched his aching body for a while, and said angrily, "Mu Chen, that old guy might have been dumped by Shi Ziyu, so today he became angry and deliberately tortured me."
 
Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi's puffy cheek, and said helplessly, "Enough. You shouldn't say anything about it any more."
 
Ye Shi persevered and sat down beside Mu Chen, and muttered, "Don't you think this is very likely?"
 
"Yes, you're right, it's very possible because the old guy looks like that he gets dumped. Maybe Shi Ziyu has dumped him more than twice." Mu Chen agreed.
 
Ye Shi hugged Mu Chen's arm with some joy, and said, "That's great. We think the same thing."
 
Mu Chen: "..."
 
"You try this." Mu Chen said.
 
Ye Shi submissively activated the Fire Talisman in his hand, "the quality of this Talisman has improved!"
 
Before, they got the improved second-level flame talisman identified by the Talisman Association, but this one in his hand was a third-level flame talisman. This third-level flame talisman contains the sun essence fire dozens of times more intense than that of the previous second-grade one.
 
"When did you come up with this thing? You are very busy all day!" Ye Shi said puzzled.
 
"Well, there is always time to squeeze." Mu Chen smiled and said. Back then, he used his spare time to study five foreign languages!

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen with admiration and said, "You are really amazing."

 
Mu Chen shrugged and said, "Not a big deal. You can take advantage of these few days to find a way to ingest the sun essence fire in the talisman, and cultivate it into a source of fire. The second stage of Hundreds Exercises requires flames."
 
Ye Shi nodded obediently and said, "Okay."
 
............
 
"Jing Chiyan, what a rare guest!" Xiong Wei looked at the man and said with a fake smile.
 
Jing Chiyan frowned, looked at Xiong Wei, and said, "Senior Jing, how is my apprentice?"
 
"He's fine! Don't you feel relieved that I'm taking care of him?" Xiong Wei shook his feet and said.
 
Jing Chiyan smiled helplessly. Just because Xiong Wei was watching, so he couldn't be relieved!
 
"Brother Xiong, I finally accepted such an apprentice." Jing Chiyan said solemnly.
 
Xiong Wei raised his eyebrows, and said with some disapproval, "Really? I heard that your apprentice was almost killed by Shi Ziyu."
 
Jing Chiyan's expression changed, and he said, "This is my fault."
 
Xiong Wei took a sip of wine lazily and said, "It's rare that you admit your mistakes. But don't worry. Your apprentice is really doing well. He is happy to be with Mu Chen all day long. I don't think that he wants to go back. He even took drugs today and have been promoted to a fourth-level martial artist."
 
"Take drugs? Benefiting Pill?" Jing Chiyan asked.
 
Xiong Wei nodded and said, "It seems so."
 
"Mu Chen actually even got this medicinal pill." Jing Chiyan said with narrowed eyes.
 
Xiong Wei shrugged and said, "This guy is indeed a little unusual."
 
"Can I go in and meet my apprentice?" Jing Chiyan asked.
 
"No!" Xiong Wei said decisively.

Jing Chiyan shook his head helplessly, and said, "You really are..." Stubborn!
............

 
 
Jing Chiyan and Xiong Wei chatted for a while, but Xiong Wei finally did not give in. Jing Chiyan had to leave first.
 
"Senior Uncle, Lu Han, the head of the Alchemy School, is here." Xin Ruge saw Jing Chiyan and immediately stepped forward.
 
"Lu Han?" Jing Chiyan frowned in confusion and said, "What is this guy doing here?"
 
Xin Ruge shrugged and said, "I don't know."
 
"Brother Jing." Seeing Jing Chiyan, Lu Han immediately stood up.
 
"Brother Lu, I heard that you are looking for me. What's the matter?" Jing Chiyan asked knowingly.
 
Lu Han said embarrassingly, "I'm ashamed to say that, in fact, I came here this time to ask you for help."
 
Jing Chiyan squinted his eyes and said, "Ask me for help. How can I help you?"
 
"Brother Jing, as you know, Mu Chen is an alchemist, and he should already be a third-level alchemist. He made the beast spirit pill. With such an outstanding talent in alchemy, he shouldn't waste his time in the Talisman School. When he comes out of the quarry, the transfer of school will begin. I hope Brother Jing can help persuade Mu Chen. It is a pity that he stays
in the Talisman School, given his talent in alchemy." Lu Han said.
 
Jing Chiyan said without a smile: "Me? How can I have a say to make Mu Chen listen to me?"
 
"Brother Jing, don't be humble. Your apprentice is Mu Chen's fiancée, and no one can be better than you." Lu Han was full of compliments.
 
Jing Chiyan: "..." According to Lu Han, it was all because of his apprentice.
 
"I heard that Mu Chen originally applied for the exam from your Alchemy School!" Jing Chiyan said coolly.
 
Lu Han's expression changed, and he said, "This is indeed a bit of a misunderstanding."
 
"It turned out to be a misunderstanding!" Jing Chiyan said sarcastically.

 
............
 
"Senior Uncle, what is Lu Han doing here?" Seeing Lu Han walking out, Xin Ruge walked in and asked.
 
"What else can he do? He wants to steal Mu Chen from the Talisman School." Jing Chiyan shrugged and said angrily.
 
Xin Ruge squinted his eyes and said, "Mu Chen is an alchemist. Perhaps, it is indeed the alchemy institute is more suitable for his future"
 
Jing Chiyan rolled his eyes and said, "Mu Chen's alchemy skills are good, but his talent for making talismans is just as good. If you see the result of the appraisal from the Talisman School, that talisman may be able to extract the sun essence fire!" The Talisman School had been silent for a long time. It was said that Song Cheng had finished his close-up training. If he knew that there was such a new star in the Talisman School, he would definitely not let it go easily.
 
"Senior, Senior Song Cheng, Dean of the Talisman School, is here." A student walked in to report.
 
Jing Chiyan raised his eyebrows and said, "What's going on today! Lu Han just left, and Song Cheng came right after."
 
"Brother Jing, help!" Song Cheng rushed in with a bitter face.
 
Jing Chiyan looked at Song Cheng helplessly and said, "Brother Song, what's wrong with you! You are ill." Jing Chiyan secretly said: Song Cheng is more shameless than before. At such an old age, he still pretended to cry like a baby to get what he wanted.
 
Song Cheng looked at Jing Chiyan, full of grief and said: "This matter is such a misfortune. I only knew that our Talisman School has a peerless genius. Our Talisman School has been in decline for a long time, and finally here comes a genius. Now we finally see a hope of rise, but shameless people come to steal him."
 
Jing Chiyan smiled sarcastically and said, "Don't worry. That peerless genius, who has been in your Talisman School for more than a month, has feelings for your Talisman School. If you persuade him well, he won't leave."
 
Song Cheng's face froze immediately. A while ago, he closed up for training. After he came out, he learned about Mu Chen. So he investigated Mu Chen, and the result of the investigation made Song Cheng want to shoot Fan Li to death.
 
Not only did Fan Li play tricks on Mu Chen's entrance exam, but after Mu Chen entered the Talisman School, he tried to bully him in every possible way. Mu Chen might have a wrong impression on the Talisman School.

Mu Chen's impression on Talisman School must have been extremely bad. But, fortunately, Mu Chen and Lan Ruofeng had a history, and Lan Da also played tricks on Mu Chen's entrance test. Mu Chen's impression on Alchemy School must not be very good either.

 
"Speaking of which, I would also like to thank Brother Jing for your insight. In the entrance test, you have made Mu Chen stay." Song Cheng said gratefully.

"It's nothing. You're welcome. I'm just cherishing talent. I can't watch the old guys in your Talisman School to waste such a talent." Jing Chiyan waved his hand.

 
Song Cheng was embarrassed. After the embarrassment, Song Cheng hugged Jing Chiyan's arm and said, "Brother Jing, please help me. Please help me make Mu Chen stay!"

"Mu Chen and I are not related. He may not listen to me." Jing Chiyan said humbly.

 
"Brother Jing, as long as you speak, he will definitely listen. No, you don't need to speak. As long as your apprentice speaks, everyone knows that Mu Chen always listens to your apprentice." Song Chengdao.

Jing Chiyan: "..."

Jing Chiyan and Song Cheng chitchatted for a while and finally sent Song Cheng away.
 
Jing Chiyan looked at Song Cheng's back, and said, "A bunch of people who don't usually do the work but now get so anxious."
 
Xin Ruge folded her arms, shook her head, and said, "I don't know how Mu Chen will choose when he comes out."
 
Jing Chiyan squinted his eyes and said, "Don't think him as a good-natured man. He is very vengeful!"
 
Xin Ruge frowned, thinking in her heart: No matter how much Mu Chen holds grudges, he will need to choose one between the Alchemy School and the Talisman School.

 

4