107-108
464 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

107. Life background (1)

No matter how Song Cheng and Lu Han objected, Mu Chen became the new student of the Inscription Academy.

Xia Qingyan put Mu Chen in the Heavenly Class of the Inscription Academy. Like Ye Shi, Mu Chen  became elite students of the academy. They could also get 40% off when they bought things. Mu Chen no longer had to borrow Ye Shi's name to buy things.

"Fifty million." Mu Chen held the elementary stone card that Ye Shi handed over and said in surprise.

"This is the deposit in the early stage. Master Shifu and several major forces in the imperial capital have reached an agreement. Each month, they will get five to ten third-level flame talismans, and every month, master Shifu will put 30 flame talismans on auction. So you have to prepare about a hundred third-level flame talismans every month. Will it be difficult?" Ye Shi asked.

Mu Chen shook his head, smiled, and said, "No." One hundred fire talismans can be completed in two days.

Ye Shi nodded, breathed a sigh of relief, and said, "That's good."

An ordinary third-level talisman maker would do his best to draw five to eight third-level talismans in one day. Ye Shi had a fight with Jing Chiyan because the task arranged by Jing Chiyan to Mu Chen was too heavy. It was not until Jing Chiyan said that Mu Chen was a genius and could not be judged on the scale of ordinary people and that perhaps his efficiency was several times that of an ordinary third-level talisman maker, Ye Shi stop arguing.

"Tomorrow is a rest day. Would you like to go see my father with me?" Mu Chen smiled at Ye Shi.

During this period of time, Jing Chiyan negotiated deals with several major forces, and successively put a lot of flaming talismans for sale. The enthusiasm of the outside world for the flaming talismans had cooled a lot. Now that he went out, people would not crowd him as before.

"Okay!" Ye Shi nodded and said again, "By the way, Mu Chen, how are you in the Inscription Academy?"

"Very good. The inscriptions are broad and profound. Most of the inscriptions in our Xuanfeng Empire are depicted on weapons to improve the power of weapons. However, in fact, the role of inscriptions is far more than that. Inscriptions can be depicted on medicinal pills, to improve the utilization rate of the medicinal pills, it can also be depicted on the body to assist in the cultivation..." Mu Chen said incessantly.

Inscription art was not generally popular. There were not many students in the Inscription Academy. The atmosphere in the Inscription Academy was friendly, at least no one was bullying him.

According to original book, the Xuanfeng Empire was just a small country. Sooner or later he would go out with Ye Shi to see the outside world. Ye Shi opened his eyes wide and said, "How do you know this?"

Mu Chen smiled and said, "It's written in the book."

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen with admiration and said, "You know a lot."

"Sure thing." Mu Chen smiled and said.

"..."

On the day off, Mu Chen and Ye Shi left the academy early and went to Xiangyue Restaurant.

"Chen." Mu Yuanfeng couldn't help being a little excited.

"Father." Mu Chen called out warmly. Mu Chen was an orphan in his previous life. After getting in this world, he always regarded Mu Yuanfeng as his own father and was deeply attached to Mu Yuanfeng.

Looking at Mu Chen, Mu Yuanfeng felt a sense of pride in his heart. The best student of Saint Star Academy was his own son.

"Uncle Mu." Ye Shi called out obediently and bowed to Mu Yuanfeng.

Mu Yuanfeng looked at Ye Shi gently and said, "Stone, you've grown taller!"

Ye Shi nodded nervously, rubbed his hands together, and said, "I've grown a little taller."

Mu Yuanfeng smiled lightly. Although Ye Shi was now martial king's apprentice, he didn't change at all in front of him.

Mu Chen was amused by Ye Shi's nervousness. Even in front of Jing Chiyan, Ye Shi wouldn't be so cautious, but in front of his father, he was... all because of himself! Thinking of this, Mu Chen  scratched Ye Shi's palm.

Ye Shi blushed, and glared at Mu Chen.

The four of them had a meal and chatted about the current situation. After the meal, Ye Shi left with Chen Da, and Mu Chen followed Mu Yuanfeng to the training room that Mu Yuanfeng rented.

Mu Chen took out fifty third-grade fire talismans and gave them to Mu Yuanfeng.

"This is..." Mu Yuanfeng was both surprised and delighted when he saw the stack of fire talismans.

"This is what I specially prepared for you, father. Although the fire talisman can make the sun essence fire from it, it is too weak. But it is better than nothing. Father, you can make do with it first, and I will pay attention to other fire seeds for you. Maybe, soon later when I can draw the fourth-level flame talisman, I can extract stronger sun essence fire." Mu Chen said indifferently.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled helplessly. Mu Chen's Flaming Talisman was hyped up in the black market, and Mu Yuanfeng also wanted one. He originally thought that Mu Chen would give him a few Flame Talismans although the Flaming Talisman were precious. In the end, Mu Chen gave him fifty all at once.

Looking at Mu Chen's appearance, Mu Chen was actually not satisfied with his flaming talisman. Maybe Mu Yuanhang was too old to keep up with his son's pace.

"Chen, you have grown up." Mu Yuanfeng smiled happily.

Mu Chen smiled nonchalantly and said, "I still need more guidance from you."

Mu Yuanfeng patted Mu Chen's shoulder, and said, "There is nothing I can help you."

"How come? I have a lot to learn. Father, you are a martial art spirit, and I'm just a martial art master." Mu Chen tilted his head, pretending to be discouraged.

Mu Yuanfeng shook his head helplessly and said, "You will soon catch up with me."

If it wasn't for Mu Chen's Spirit-breaking Elixir, he would not have been able to advance to martial art spirit so quickly. Mu Chen's rapid growth made Mu Yuanfeng proud, but he also felt powerless.

His son was only fourteen years old, but he was already an eighth-level martial art master. Breaking through to the level of martial art spirit was around the corner.

Mu Chen took out a elementary stone card and gave it to Mu Yuanfeng, saying, "Father, you have to work harder. Don't make me catch up with you easily!"

 

 

108. Life background (2)

 

"Chen, I... I can't accept it." Mu Yuanfeng frowned as he looked at the amount on the card.

"Father, keep it. Don't you believe that I can earn money. Father, you are a martial spirit now, and the level of training resources you need has also increased. It is the moment when you need elementary stones. So accept it. "Mu Chen smiled.

Mu Yuanfeng looked at Mu Chen and smiled happily, but he didn't know what to say for a while.

"By the way, how is your relationship with Ye Shi now?" Mu Yuanfeng asked.

"Very good!" Mu Chen said without hesitation.

Mu Yuanfeng squinted his eyes and he said seriously, "Actually, Ye Shi has a complicate family background."

Mu Chen asked, "ComplicateD?"

Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "Before, when you asked me to investigate Ye Shi's background carefully, I found something unusual."

"How?" Mu Chen said with a long face.

Mu Yuanfeng narrowed his eyes and said, "Ye Shi's daddy was already three months pregnant before marrying Ye Xun."

"Father, what do you mean? Was Ye Shi's daddy pregnant out of wedlock?" Mu Chen said with narrowed eyes.

"No, what I mean is, Ye Shi may not be Ye Xun's son." Mu Yuanfeng said.

Mu Chen opened his eyes wide and said, "How is that possible?"

Mu Yuanfeng shook his head and said, "This is just my guess. Ye Shi's daddy's origins are a bit strange. There must be a story why he married Ye Xun. "

Mu Chen gritted his teeth. Ye Shi had a different family background.

Mu Chen had long known that Ye Shi had a powerful grandfather, but it was not written in the original book that Ye Shi's biological father was not Ye Xun! However, it made sense because that book stopped updating.

Although the story stopped updating, according to the usual romantic story routine, the leading character and his high-quality admirers would live happily ever after.

The problem was that now he was in a real world, not a novel.

 

............

 

"Uncle Chen, what are you trying to tell me? Why do we need to keep it from Mu Chen?" Ye Shi looked at Chen Da with a puzzled look.

Chen Da looked at Ye Shi gently, and said, "Now that you are grown up, there are some things that I want to tell you."

Ye Shi looked at Chen Da's serious expression and couldn't help but be a little confused.

"Uncle Chen, what are you trying to tell me?!" Ye Shi bit his lip and said inexplicably.

Chen Da sighed lightly, raised his head, looked straight at Ye Shi, and said, "Stone, you are not Ye Xun's son."

Ye Shi's eyes widened in confusion and said, "I'm not? Then who is my father?"

"Your daddy didn't know who he is. He doesn't seem to be from the Xuanfeng Empire. When he left, he left an identity card for your daddy, and then disappeared." Chen Da answered.

Ye Shi said inexplicably, "If that's the case, why did my daddy marry Ye Xun?"

Chen Da squinted, said with anger, "The Ye family is bastard. Your grandfather once rescued Ye He. Ye He said that he would repaid your grandfather's favor."

"After your grandfather disappeared, your daddy went to ask for Ye He's help. In the early days, Ye He showed extreme enthusiasm and took care of your daddy in every possible way."

"Ye He knew that your daddy were abandoned, so he tried his best to set up your daddy with Ye Xun."

"Ye Xun was very kind to your daddy at the beginning and swore to God that he would take good care of your daddy and treat you as a son of his own."

"Your daddy are too young to know the scams of the big family, and since Ye He and his son were really gentle and harmless earlier, it didn't take long for him to trust Ye He and Ye Xun."

"Your daddy were soft-hearted, and gradually gave all the things his father left to him to the Ye family and their sons. The Ye family were evils. After they got everything that your daddy had, they were bad to your daddy. The reason why Ye He and Ye Xun kept you, on the one hand, because they are afraid of your missing grandfather, on the other hand, they suspect that you have things about your daddy."

Ye Shi bit his lip. He couldn't imagine that his so-called grandfather was actually such a person.

However, after the truth of the matter was exposed, Ye Shi discovered that, in fact, many things were traceable.

No wonder! No wonder Ye Xun never cared when those brothers and sisters scolded him behind his back. No wonder, no matter what he did, Ye Xun looked at him with indifference. It turned out that he was not his son at all.

And Ye He was not bad to him, but only compared to Ye Xun.

Ye He was very kind to him when his daddy died. Ye Shi thought it was his sympathy for the loss of his daddy. Now, it seemed that he may have suspected that his daddy had left something for him.

"Uncle Chen, why are you telling me this now?" Ye Shi asked in confusion.

"Your daddy explained that you shouldn't know too much until you have the ability to protect yourself." Chen Da shook his head and said.

Ye Shi lowered his head, and the expression on his face was a bit complicated. Everything he knew today was brand new.

Since Ye Xun was not his father, then Ye Rong was not his sister at all. If anyone from the Ye family provoked him again, he did not need to worry about hurt their feelings.

 

3