127-128-129
489 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

127. Funds (2)

Ye Shi had been in seclusion for more than half a month, meaning he had not seen Mu Chen for such a long time. Ye Shi really missed Mu Chen.

Ye Shi excitedly walked in the direction of the Inscription Academy, and halfway through, Ye Rong rushed out.

Ye Rong had been paying attention to Ye Shi these days. So as soon as Ye Shi came out, Ye Rong got the news.

When Ye Shi saw Ye Rong, he was immediately annoyed.

"What exactly do you want to do?" Ye Shi asked impatiently.

Ye Rong looked at Ye Shi, gritted her teeth, and said, "Father is here."

Ye Shi rolled his eyes and said, "Oh, really?"

"Shouldn't you go see our father?" Ye Rong asked.

Ye Shi rolled his eyes and said, "Go see him? Why should I see him?"

Ye Rong frowned and said, "He's your father!"

Ye Shi pouted and said angrily, "He's not. He said, I'm not his son."

In the past, Ye Shi thought that Ye Xun said so because he didn't like him, but now he knew that he was not Ye Xun's son for real.

Because he was not Ye Xun's son, no matter what he did, he would never get Ye Xun's approval.

Ye Shi suddenly remembered that when he was a child, in order to get Ye Xun's praise, Ye Shi practiced very hard, but the better his performance, the more Ye Xun disliked him.

Ye Shi finally understood now that the better he was, the worse Ye Xun's biological children were. No wonder Ye Xun disliked him more and more.

"How could you do this?" Ye Rong said in a depressing tone. She waited so long just to wait for Ye Shi to finish his training. As a result, Ye Shi didn't want to see Ye Xun, and evrything was in vain.

When he was in the Ye family, Ye Shi still respected Ye Xun and listened to Ye Xun, but now he had become like this.

Ye Shi said, "That's who I am."

"It's okay if you don't go. Transfer one million elementary stones into father's elementary stone card." Ye Rong said.

Ye Shi rolled his eyes. Are you joking? Mu Chen earned all the money, and he was careful when he spent every stone. Why should he give some to Ye Xun?

"No." Ye Shi said firmly.

Ye Rong said angrily, "Father has no elementary stones, and he is about to be kicked out by the landlord, and he is going to live on the streets. Did you know that?!"

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "I don't know! He is so miserable! He deserves it."

"Ye Shi, your father live on the streets while you spend money on food and clothing so freely. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?" Ye Rong said angrily.

Ye Shi pouted and said, "Why should I be?!"

Ye Xun kicked him out of the house before.

Ye Shi felt that Ye Xun's situation was better than him. No matter what, Ye Xun was a nine-star martial art master. As long as he wanted to find a job, he should still be able to make a living.

When Ye Shi was kicked out, he was just a martial artist, young, weak, and had no ability to protect himself.

Zhuang Yu walked over with a few people, "Ye Shi, you are going too far."

Ye Shi rolled his eyes. He was talking to Ye Rong. What was wrong with Zhuang Yu to meddle with his business?

"Mind your own business." Ye Shi said angrily.

"It's my business since I am here to see it." Zhuang Yu said righteously.

Ye Shi yelled angrily, "You are absurd."

Zhuang Yu blushed and said, "I heard it all."

Ye Shi narrowed his eyes and said impatiently, "What did you hear?!"

"Ye Shi, you splash money like water while your father is about to live on streets. You are so rich, but you are so stingy about giving your father a little money. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?" Zhuang Yu said solemnly.

Ye Shi said with a long face, "Why should I? I feel very peaceful."

"Ye Shi, as the saying goes, father and son have no feud overnight. Your father gave birth to you after all. No matter what he did, you should tolerate him."

"That's right! Ye Shi, a son doesn't complain about his father's fault. As a son, it is right and proper to be filial to his father."

"Ye Shi! You should have a net worth of tens of millions right now. Giving one million to your father won't be a big deal for you."

"Ye Shi! If Senior Jing knew your attitude towards your own father, he would be very disappointed in you."

"Ye Shi, it's not good for you to be so ungrateful! In any case, your father raised you."

 

......

 

Ye Shi felt more and more angry as Zhuang Yu's admirers were judging him.

Ye Rong looked at Zhuang Yu with a blushing face. She did not expect that after she offended Zhuang Yu last time, Zhuang Yu would actually help her, "Young Master Zhuang, you are so generous and reasonable. I am sorry what happened last time." Ye Rong said apologetically.

Zhuang Yu waved his hand, smiled generously, and said, "Don't talk about last time. I already forget it."

When Ye Rong heard Zhuang Yu's words, she felt a lot more relaxed.

Zhuang Yu and the others looked at Ye Shi as if Ye Shi was some heinous sinner.

Ye Shi suddenly raised his eyes and looked at Zhuang Yu coldly, "Have you done speaking? If you do, get out of the way."

Zhuang Yu bit reluctantly and said, "Ye Shi, you haven't given an explanation yet."

Ye Shi pulled out a whip, and slammed the whip onto the stone pillar. The stone pillar, which was as thick as a mill, was whipped into pieces by Ye Shi's angry whip.

Zhuang Yu looked at the whip in Ye Shi's hand and felt scared for a while, "Ye Shi, what do you want to do? Internal fighting is not allowed on the campus."

"I know. I won't make the same mistake twice." Ye Shi said lightly.

He didn't want to be punished in the quarry because of Zhuang Yu and Ye Rong.

"Although the academy doesn't allow fights, it does allow challenges. If you stand in front of me again, just wait for my challenge. I will challenge you on the stage!" Ye Shi said coldly.

Zhuang Yu frowned and said, "Ye Shi, you are bullying people because of your strength."

"So you are right to stand in my way and I am suddenly wrong to challenge you?" Ye Shi said mockingly.

"You..." Zhuang Yu blushed and looked at Ye Shi with resentment.

A few teenagers around Zhuang Yu couldn't help but felt intimidated when they saw Ye Shi's murderous appearance.

Ye Shi snorted coldly, turned and left.

As soon as Ye Shi left, a mentor jumped out from somewhere and quickly ran after Ye Shi, "Ye Shi, you just destroyed public property, and you need to compensate 100,000 elementary stones."

 

 

128. Rumors are scattered (1)

Ye Shi's promotion to the eight-star martial art master shocked many people.

Both Ye Shi and Zhuang Yu had eight-level qualifications, there were difference. Originally, Ye Shi and Zhuang Yu were both five-star martial art masters. Ye Shi had trained for more than half a month, and became an eight-star martial art master. Compared with Zhuang Yu, he was even better.

With the news of Ye Shi's promotion to the eighth-level martial art master, all kinds of rumors about Ye Shi were raging.

For example, the Ye family where Ye Shi was born was in a difficult situation now, but Ye Shi ignored it.

For example, Ye Xun's father, Ye Xun, was now in poverty, and Ye Shi lived wonderful days and ignored his father.

For example, Ye Xun was going to beg, but Ye Shi was mad and turned a blind eye to him.

 

............

Ye Shi's aptitude was outstanding, and he had such an almighty fiancé as Mu Chen, and there were countless people who were jealous of him. Therefore, when the negative news about Ye Shi was mentioned, everyone knew it immediately.

The news came from a few teenagers from Zhuang Yu's side. Those teenagers were shamed by Ye Shi in public that day. So they spread the negative news about Ye Shi.

In the cafeteria, Ye Shi fiercely gnawed at a chicken leg. From time to time there were exploratory gazes that shot towards Ye Shi.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi's angry look, and said helplessly, "Those rumors are all nonsense. Don't be angry."

"I'm not angry because of the rumors. I'm happy that Ye Xun went to beg." Ye Shi pouted.

Looking at Ye Shi's pouting, Mu Chen smiled helplessly.

"Then why are you angry?!" Mu Chen asked.

"It's because of Zhuang Yu. That little bitch stood in my way, causing me to accidentally break the school's stele, and I have to pay 100,000 elementary stones in compensation." Ye Shi gritted his teeth.

Mu Chen raised his eyebrows, thinking to himself: The stone tablet was all broken into pieces. Ye Shi broke it accidentally?

"One hundred thousand elementary stones. Didn't you bargain down to eighty thousand?" Mu Chen comforted.

"Eighty thousand is still a lot!" Ye Shi said in disapproval.

"Only 80,000, worth of less than half a talisman." Mu Chen said casually.

"Master said that the price of the Fire Talisman has decreased, so we need to live frugally." Ye Shi said solemnly.

Mu Chen said in disapproval, "You can spend as much as you want. Don't worry. Elementary stone is useful only by earning it. Those who know how to spend it will earn it. Saving is useless." He had expected the price of the Fire Talisman to drop. Although the price had dropped, it was enough for them to spend the days.

"That stone pillar is too weak. I didn't even try." Ye Shi said indignantly.

Mu Chen covered his forehead and said helplessly: "...Drop it. Don't talk about that stone pillar anymore. It's already broken."

"Mu Chen, do you think Ye Xun would really become a beggar?" Ye Shi asked curiously with his eyes open.

Ye Xun was the head of the Ye family. He had always been living in a comfortable life. Ye Xun was a man with dignity and would never go begging until the last day.

Mu Chen heard that Ye Xun sold the Ye family's ancestral skills for more than one million elementary stones.

Cultivation skills were the foundation of a family's survival. If Ye He knew that Ye Xun had sold the Ye family's ancestral skills, he might be outraged by Ye Xun.

"Maybe so." Mu Chen said lightly.

A bit of vicious light flashed in Ye Shi's eyes, "That old guy is so proud. If he goes begging, it must be very interesting."

"He's so fat. If he goes begging, I'm afraid no one will care about him." Mu Chen said with a smile.

Ye Shi couldn't help chuckling when he heard Mu Chen's words.

"Are you full?" Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and asked.

Ye Shi looked at the pile of bones on the table, and said shyly, "I'm full."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said, "I'll buy another chicken for you?"

"Two more pork knuckles." Ye Shi hurriedly said.

Mu Chen raised his eyebrows, nodded amusingly, and said, "Okay."

Mu Chen turned around and went to buy food. Ye Shi looked around boredly. Those who were gossiping were disappointed as they saw Mu Chen and Ye Shi were completely unaffected by the recent rumors.

Ye Rong felt depressed when she saw Mu Chen and Ye Shi being as close as before together.

During this time, Ye Xun kept urging her to call Ye Shi out, and she was very annoyed by Ye Xun.

Ye Shi completely ignored her. There was nothing she could do.

 

............

Mu Yuanfeng sat there with a gloomy face, and finally sighed softly, wrote a letter, and sent it to Saint Star Academy.

During this time, he had been avoiding Ye Xun, but when he went to the store today, he still bumped into Ye Xun. Mu Yuanfeng guessed that Ye Xun should have been eyeing him a long time ago. After so many days he had been hiding from Ye Xun, he still couldn't escape from him.

After all, the Mu family and the Ye family were old friends, and Mu Yuanfeng was not so cruel to him. So when they met each other, Mu Yuanfeng did not turn a blind eye, so Ye Xun brought him to the restaurant to talk in detail.

As soon as Ye Xun opened his mouth, he wanted to cancel Ye Shi and Mu Chen's engagement, and also wanted to betroth Ye Rong to Mu Chen.

Mu Yuanfeng was almost pissed off, so he had to tell Ye Xun that Mu Chen had already fallen in love with Ye Shi. Even if the two families didn't have a marriage contract, Mu Chen would still marry Ye Shi.

Ye Xun had no choice but to settle for the next best thing, saying that Ye Rong would marry to Mu Chen as a concubine.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled helplessly. Ye Shi and Ye Rong had been grumbling for a long time. If they both married Mu Chen, they would be fighting each other every day.

Mu Yuanfeng immediately rejected Ye Xun.

Chen Da stood beside Mu Yuanfeng with dark eyes.

Ye Xun was a bad luck. Ye Shi finally lived a better life but Ye Xun came to meddle.

Mu Yuanfeng rubbed his forehead. Ye Xun used to be a proud person, but now he was very shameless. When he was about to leave, Ye Xun grabbed him without any regard for his dignity, and asked him to borrow money. , Mu Yuanfeng had no choice but to lend Ye Xun 100,000 elementary stones.

............

 

129. Rumors are scattered (2)

Ye Xun's temporary residence.

"Mu Yuanfeng is too stingy. We asked to borrow one million elementary stones, and he only lent one hundred thousand. He treated me like a beggar?" Wang Li was full of dissatisfaction.

Ye Xun sold the ancestral exercises and got more than one million stones, and Wang Li was rich because of him.

There were countless money-splashing places in the imperial capital. As soon as the two entered, they were lost in the colorful life of the imperial capital.

Getting used to the lavish life, and thinking about the poor days before, Wang Li felt that the future was dark.

"Mu Yuanfeng is a third-level alchemist. If he refines just a few pills, he can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars, but he is so stingy." Ye Xun said with dissatisfaction.

"What's wrong with Rong? What is wrong with being his concubine? How dare he refused us?! Does he think that our daughter is not popular at all?" Wang Li was full of dissatisfaction.

Ye Rong was now a student of the Saint Star Academy. There were many people in the Ye family who were asking for marriage.

When they knew about the marriage contract between the Ye family and the Mu family, Wang Li deliberately went to inquire about Mu Chen. The result of the inquiries made Wang Li greatly disappointed. In Wang Li's eyes, Mu Chen was a trash.

At that time, Wang Li felt that if her daughter was way out of Mu Chen's league.

Although Mu Chen was now becoming better, the bad image of Mu Chen in the early years had been deeply imprinted in Wang Li's mind, so that Wang Li always felt that her daughter was more than enough for Mu Chen.

"Is there a letter from Rong'er. Has Ye Shi completed his training?" Ye Xun asked.

Wang Li nodded and said, "He has." Moreover, he had been promoted to an eight-star martial art master. Poor Rong'er was only a four-star warrior, and the difference between the two was great.

Ye Xun stood up abruptly and said, "Since he has, why didn't he come to see me?"

Wang Li sighed helplessly and said, "Rong'er said he was not willing to come to see you."

Ye Xun gritted his teeth and scolded depressedly, "This damn brat." If he had known that things would turn out like this, he should have strangled him in the first place.

Wang Li hesitated for a while and said, "Ye Rong said in a letter that Ye Shi always said that you are not his father, and his biological father is not you."Ye Xun's face changed suddenly. In order to please Ye Shi's daddy, Ye Xun promised that he would treat Ye Shi as his own. Ye Xun and Ye Shi's daddy had promised that he would never tell

Ye Shi about his biological father. Ye Shi had always regarded him as his biological father for so many years.

It was not a glorious thing to help other people raise their son. Ye Xun never told the public. how did Ye Shi know? Ye Xun knew very well that when Ye Shi probably didn't know that he was not his biological father when he left the Ye family.

Could it be Chen Da? Qu Xinyang wouldn't tell a servant about this, would he?

Ye Xun's complexion changed again and again. If Ye Shi already knew that he was not his father, then the chips in his hand would be greatly reduced.

Wang Li looked at Ye Xun's changing complexion, she started to think if Ye Shi was really not Ye Xun's son.

Ye Xun narrowed his eyes. Since Ye Shi already knew, there was no need for him to hide it any longer.

"Rong'er said that Ye Shi has been in seclusion for more than 20 days, and has been promoted to three stars in a row, becoming an eight-star martial art master." Wang Li said.

Ye Xun gritted his teeth. It only took more than 20 days for a five-star martial art master to become an eight-star. Ye Shi was really talented. It took him eight years to be promoted from a five-star martial art master to an eight-star martial artist. It would take longer without Qu Xinyang's help.

He did not know Qu Xinyang's lover. Qu Xinyang's talent was average, but Ye Shi's talent was so good. It must have something to do with his own father.

Qu Xinyang has been married to him for many years, but he still missed that person. Presumably, he must be a big figure. But in the end he abandoned Qu Xinyang.

"Rong'er said that Ye Shi went to Mingyue Trading Company once before the close-up training, and took out a safe from it. It is said that someone kept there more than ten years ago. Ye Rong said that the reason why Ye Shi could become an eight-star martial art master in such a short period of time must have something to do with what's in the safe." Wang Li said lightly.

When Ye Xun heard Wang Li's words, he stood up abruptly, and crush the teacup in his hand.

Ye Xun had a gloomy face. He had been serving Qu Xinyang for many years, but in the end, Qu Xinyang still kept a secret from him.

Ye Shi lowered his head and said in his heart: Qu Xinyang is a liar, and Ye Shi is not much better. He pretends to be respectful to him and treats him as his biological father, but, in fact, he must have known about the safe long ago.

With Ye Rong's ability, it was impossible to know about the safe, but Lan Ruofeng deliberately revealed this to Ye Rong. 

2