167-168
428 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

167. Grasp the chance (1)

As soon as the game was over, Mu Chen was summoned by the head of the Alchemy School. The day after martial art was competition on alchemy. Lu Han was very anxious.

"Mu Chen, you won beautifully today!" Lu Han sat opposite Mu Chen and looked at Mu Chen seriously.

Mu Chen took a sip of tea and said indifferently, "Thank you, Dean, for your compliment! In fact, many people say that I won without an honor. I feel ashamed!"

"Oh, no, no. As long as you can win, there's no shame at all. I think you performed very well, very well, and raised the reputation of my Saint Star Academy."

Lu Han was very disapproving of Shi Ziyu's unauthorized replacement of Mu Chen's opponent with Zhu Xu. After all, after the martial arts competition, it was competition on alchemy. If Mu Chen was seriously injured in the martial arts competition, he would not be able to participate in competition on alchemy at all. He couldn't even participate in the competitions of Talisman School, the Inscription School, and the Formation School.

In this case, all their plans would be in vain.

Fortunately, Mu Chen won easily, really easy! It was nice to be rich!

"Where did you get so many talismans?"

"I bought them." Mu Chen said lightly.

Lu Han looked at Mu Chen in disbelief. The fourth-level talismans were not a common commodity,  not easy to buy. There were so many in Mu Chen's hands. Before that, there was no new.

When did he buy them?

"Did Ji Dongcheng buy talismans at the same store as you did?" Lu Han asked with great interest.

Many people in Mingyue Academy were speculating that Ji Dongcheng's action, which made Lu Yao humiliated, was the work of the dean.

Lu Han knew very well that the dean was a petty man. He would not be able to spend such a big deal on a game that was likely to lose. If it was not the dean or the academy's martial kings, then who else in the academy had such a big amount of money? Only Mu Chen had the financial resources. But why did Mu Chen do this?

Mu Chen squinted his eyes. These old men were cunning. What he did couldn't be hidden from them! However, he didn't care.

"President, is this what you want to talk about? If you just want to tell me this, then I'm going to see myself out." Mu Chen said with a few traces of coldness in his eyes.

Lu Han smiled awkwardly and said, "It's not what I am saying. I want to ask you, how sure are you about tomorrow's game?"

"One hundred percent." Mu Chen said lightly.

Lu Han looked at Mu Chen strangely. He always thought that Mu Chen was quite modest, but he seemed to have misunderstood Mu Chen.

"Are you that sure? That girl from Mingyue is very powerful." Lu Han blinked and looked at Mu Chen with some playfulness.

Mu Chen leaned on the rocking chair leisurely,  his fingers crossed, and said calmly, "I can't possibly lose, because I am a fourth-level alchemist. As far as I know, there are only two third-level alchemists in Mingyue Academy."

Lu Han smashed the teacup in his hand and stood up abruptly, "What did you say? You are a fourth-level alchemist?"

Mu Chen nodded calmly and said, "Yes!"

"When did it happen?!" Lu Han said with trembling.

"Just these few days." Mu Chen said casually.

Lu Han looked at Mu Chen in disbelief. What a monster! How dare he be promoted to a fourth-level alchemist so quickly.

Mu Chen looked at Lu Han lightly, and said, "President, is there anything else you want to talk? If no, I'll go first."

"No more." Lu Han said dryly.

"Then I'll take my leave." Mu Chen stood up, glanced thoughtfully at the door behind Lu Han, and walked out.

After Mu Chen left for a while, Lu Han sighed lightly and said, "Come out."

Lan Ruofeng clenched his fists and walked out of the room behind Lu Han with an ugly expression on his face.

Lu Han sighed lightly. Lan Ruofeng was also a talent, but unfortunately not good enough compared to Mu Chen.

"Tomorrow's game, just do your best, don't put too much pressure on yourself." Lu Han instructed earnestly.

Lan Ruofeng clenched his fists and nodded respectfully.

Lu Han looked at Lan Ruofeng's back, and a sigh flashed in his eyes. If Lan Ruofeng couldn't break through his obstacle, he would only be a third-level alchemist in this life.

Just now, Mu Chen seemed to have discovered that Lan Ruofeng was behind the door. Lu Han was very suspicious that the reason why Mu Chen said that he was already a fourth-level alchemist was intended to destroy Lan Ruofeng's belief.

Mu Chen looked gentle and generous, but he seemed to be very petty!

He killed Zhu Xu. He must be the one who told Ji Dongcheng how to fight against Lu Yao, otherwise Ji Dongcheng would not have been so bold.

 

............

"Mu Chen, you're back." Ye Shi was overjoyed when he saw Mu Chen.

"Stone, you have prepared a lot of dishes!" A smile appeared on Mu Chen's face.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "I bought it from outside to celebrate. Mu Chen, you are amazing. You killed that brazen fool with three moves. Everyone says you are handsome and majestic."

Mu Chen smiled suspiciously and said, "Really?"

"Yeah!" Although some people said that Mu Chen was shameless and unscrupulous, those said that because they were jealous of Mu Chen.

"Don't talk about this. Let's eat first." Ye Shi suggested.

Mu Chen nodded and sat down at the dining table, "Why is that old man in the Alchemy School looking for you?!" Ye Shi asked curiously.

"The Dean is worried about tomorrow's game, so he wanted to talk to me."

"Then the dean is really worrying for nothing! How can you possibly lose?" Ye Shi said confidently.

"The head of the Alchemy School is too old to know the situation. How can they be as observant as you are?"

The two were eating, and Fu Yuanbao hurried in.

 

168. Grasp the chance (2)

"Why are you here?" Ye Shi looked at Fu Yuanbao unfriendly.

"I'm here to give Mu Chen the materials for his next match." Fu Yuanbao said with a smile.

Ye Shi rolled his eyes, "Bring it to me."

Fu Yuanbao diligently handed Ye Shi the information in his hand.

"Height, weight, measurements, you did a great jobl!" Ye Shi sneered.

Fu Yuanbao smiled awkwardly, and then said sternly, "Young Master Ye, I am a businessman with professional ethics. My professional ethics requires me to be meticulous in everything and keep improving."

"Tong Yaoyao is beautiful, one of the popular girls in Mingyue College. There are many boys in Mingyue College who are pursuing her, but this girl likes Lu Yao." Fu Yuanbao sighed with resentment .

Fu Yuanbao secretly said: Most of the outstanding girls in Saint Star Academy are staring at Mu Chen, and girls from Mingyue is staring at Lu Yao. How can these girls not find out that he was such an excellent boy too? !

Ye Shi held his chin, curled his lips, and said, "This girl has a bad taste, liking Lu Yao. I bet she doesn't have strength of alchemy." It had been Ye Sh's problem that Lu Yao was an enemy for Mu Chen.

"Tong Yaoyao is only sixteen years old, and she can already refine four third-level medicinal herbs. Everyone in Mingyue Academy thinks that she can become a fifth-level alchemy master." Fu Yuanbao said.

"Only four kinds. It's not a big deal." Ye Shi said indifferently.

Fu Yuanbao had a glance at Mu Chen, Mu Chen's face was very calm, and he didn't seem to take Tong Yaoyao seriously at all.

"Fatty, you are known to be all-knowing, there is nothing you can't find out. Why don't you go and find out if Zhuang Yu knows any bewitching skills?" Ye Shi suddenly said solemnly.

Fu Yuanbao looked at Ye Shi and said in a puzzled way, "Student Ye, why do you think so?"

"It's really weird! Zhuang Yu's opponent is clearly stronger than him! However, when he fought Zhuang Yu, it was as if he lost his soul, for fear of breaking Zhuang Yu." Ye Shi frowned. He still wanted to find a chance to kill Zhuang Yu. if Zhuang Yu really had such a weird magic trick, his chances of winning would be very low!

Mu Chen thoughtfully took a sip of wine, and said to himself: Isn't it because Zhuang Yu was the protagonist in the original story?

Fu Yuanbao said thoughtfully, "Actually, I think that Zhuang Yu will win, not because he knows magic, but for other reasons."

"What's the reason?" Ye Shi asked impatiently.

"I heard that Lu Yao had met Zhuang Yu's opponent before the game. Isn't Lu Yao very close to Zhuang Yu?"

"The Lu family is a big family in the Falan Empire. There are even elders at the level of Martial Emperor in their family. If Lu Yao wants Zhuang Yu to win, Zhuang Yu can win..." Fu Yuanbao's eyes flashed. The whole person glowed with a strange look.

Ye Shi blinked, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Mu Chen rubbed the ring on his finger and said, "You mean, in order to please Zhuang Yu, Lu Yao deliberately put pressure on Zhuang Yu's opponent to make him lose the test."

Ye Shi was stunned for a while, "How is it possible?" If Lu Yao did this, he would betray his school. So he shouldn't do that, right?

Mu Chen smiled nonchalantly. Why was it impossible? Lu Yao sacrificed two places of Mingyue Academy for Zhuang Yu. Zhuang Yu should have been moved.

It was still very cost-effective to win over a cultivator who had the body of Heavenly Yin and whose aptitude reached the eighth level by a game.

Ye Shi rolled his eyes and said, "Fatty, Lan Ruofeng and Zhuang Yu have a falling out for real?"

"They really fell out. I heard that Zhuang Yu has a body of Heavenly Yin, and Lan Ruofeng tried to cover up Zhuang Yu's physique. After Zhuang Yu found out, he felt that Lan Ruofeng had bad intentions, so he fell out with him."

"What is the body of Heavenly Yin?" Ye Shi asked curiously.

"The body of Heavenly Yin is a special kind of physique. If you cultivate with someone who has the body of Heavenly Yin, the progress of your cultivation can be improved a lot. It is said that the first person who has the sex with the body of Heavenly Yin will get the most benefits. I just don't know if Zhuang Yu is still a virgin." Jin Yuanbao touched his chin, his eyes twinkling.

Ye Shi frowned. A lot of information poured into Ye Shi's mind. Ye Shi only felt that his brain was not enough.

"He has this kind of special physique! No wonder Lan Ruofeng keep an close eye on him. I think Lan Ruofeng has already succeeded." Ye Shi said thoughtfully.

Mu Chen narrowed his eyes and said, "How do you know that Zhuang Yu has the body of Heavenly Yin?"

"When Zhuang Yu and Lan Ruofeng quarreled, someone overheard." Jin Yuanbao smiled awkwardly.

"These two people are too strange. Couldn't they fight where there is no one around?" Ye Shi rolled his eyes and asked.

Mu Chen sneered and said, "How do you know that Zhuang Yu didn't deliberately let people know?"

"Why did he do this?" Ye Shi asked in confusion.

Mu Chen shrugged. With the special physique of Heavenly Yin, Zhuang Yu's value was higher again.

Besides, if Zhuang Yu dumped Lan Ruofeng without a reason, people would feel that Zhuang Yu was unkind. But if Zhuang Yu dumped Lan Ruofeng because Lan Ruofeng coveted his physique, then it was Lan Ruofeng's fault that Zhuang Yu dumped him.

It looked like Lan Ruofeng was going to be cannon fodder soon.

3