Chapter 59: BFG Division
259 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I just have to ask. What did you do to piss of Yorinobu to such a degree?”Adam asks

 

”I angered the young dragon? Really? Does his father know what he is doing?” Helen asks

 

“Saborou approved of him leading the American initiative,” Adam states plainly 

 

“You are kidding right. Right?” Helen asks

 

”I am not, do you really think you are safe here? The Continental is a dying power.” Adam states 

 

“Is that a threat? Here?” Helen asks sitting back slightly shocked to think the company would bluff like this. 

 

“It’s better if you just come out front and die like a dog. Less people would get hurt that way.” Adam says

 

”Are you being fed lines? I honestly just realized you do not normally talk like this and on top of that.  I have yet to hear you call anyone just meat.” 

 

The massive Borg smiles slightly “I look foward to our fight.” He says before walking out. 

 

“Helen?” Elena stutters nervous. 

 

“Well, we should probably start moving Helen states standing up grabbin Elena’s hand.

 

“What’s happening?” Elena asks

 

”Welll. It appears that Arasaka has decided that they can take on the Contenential which they can but that mean’s they are coming for me.” Helen states

 

”What did you do to them again?” Elena asks still slightly confused.

 

“I just tanked their stock price. The people here are wealthy and without a doubt invading their tower a few weeks back probably angered them” Helen states

 

”This much for that?” Elena asks

 

”Arasaka tends to react like a stereotypical young master from a bad cultivation novel when they are slighted.” Helen states

 

The doors to the elevator open and both of them step in. Said lavatory was or of the few in the city without the TVs constantly playing adds in it. 

 

“Ah, that could be an issue.” Elena mutters.

 

”I’ll take care of it.” Helen states 

 

Suddenly the elevator shakes coming to a complete stop, lights going out as a rumble echoed though out the building.

 

Helen looks back her night vision kicking in and she is able to see Elena still standing ears flat against he head. 

 

“I think we should get out of here.” Helen whispers. Elena nods promoting Helen to turn around and force open the elevator doors. 

 

Helen stepped out of the elevator moitoning for Elena to follow, then the elevator lowered by a few inches, the sound of metal scrapping made itself known as the elevator suddenly dropped out of view. 

 

“Elena!” Helen shouts running and jumping into the elevator shaft a moment later. 

=======================

 

Meanwhile in the lobby, the air was filled with dust and it was darks as the lights had gone out, it was in this darkness that beams of light swept the lobby. A team of Arasaka operatives were clearing the entrance, obviously using the bombing to invade the lobby. From what the net runners were saying a good hostage was about to arrive down the elevator shaft.

 

There was a loud crash as the elevator hit ground floor, that was their signal and they needed to move quickly. 

 

They had managed to grab the cat girl, she was unconscious which was lucky for them. They had managed to suddenly there was a second crash. As dust kicked up into the air again, and the few operatives remaining looked into the darkness to see as set of glowing red eyes looking back at them. 

 

“Where is she,” A robotic voice states as the red lights disappear and reappear in an apparant blink. 

 

The operatives are pulled out of their frozen stupor raising the guns towards Helen Wick. 

 

It was in that moment that the room lit up from the muzzle flashes of their tech rifles as round after round of ammo made their way towards the frightneing figure standing in the dark.

 

“I do not have time for this. DIE” It was with that sentence that the entire Arasaka Special ops squad dropped to the ground, some outright dead, others having a seizure-like convulsion. 

 

As Helen stepped into the light, her expression dark and determined, the world around her seemed to shift. It was in that moment that she had had enough, The world itself was engulfed in chaos as a massive cyberattack struck with unprecedented force. It was as if the spirit of Rache Bartmoss himself had risen from the grave, unleashing a near-peer to the infamous net crash that had once rocked the world.

 

Private nets crumbled, the black wall fell, and for a brief but intense period, the Internet of things surged back to life with an eerie resurrection. It was a moment of unparalleled disruption, as systems malfunctioned, networks collapsed, and the very fabric of cyberspace seemed to unravel. 

 

Helen the sole administrator. She grew up on this net in both lifes. She knew the weaknesses the strengths its part of the reason she preferred to use old techniques as compared to the newer deamons and quick hacks no body ever saw it coming. A simple key logger could do so much more damage to a system than any quick hack could. A vpn is long forgotten and although usually shut down quickly was easy enough to set up. So to say that she felt the fear of the AI’s on the net would be an understatement as she took control of everything with the sole purpose of finding Elena. 

 

To say the attack on arasaka system was anything remotely close to tame would be an outright lie. This was without a doubt their fault and they would feel the pain as entire servers full of research and data were wiped. Dirty laundry aired to the world and all of their systems breaking. 

A camera pinged positive on the facial recognition software and in the corner of her eye, Helen could see Elena unconscious in a room with a face she thought she would never see again. 

 

Isabella Chen, a member of that one crew she ran interference for. Once she had the location, she killed it. Everything on the net that was not protected or connected to a cyberdeck died. 

 

Arasaka,” Helen growled as she disappeared from her spot sandevistan having activated. 

11