Chapter 50: Harbringer
252 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nyx continued his evasive maneuvers, trying to outsmart the shadowy entity that pursued him relentlessly. The digital landscape twisted and contorted, mirroring the intensity of the chase. As he weaved through lines of code, Nyx's blue cat avatar flickered, showing signs of strain.

 

Meanwhile, in the physical realm, Elena felt an inexplicable sense of dread. The room's secure ambiance was shattered as a distant, low hum reverberated through the walls. The Netwatch safe house's defenses flickered, a warning sign of an impending breach.

 

Helen really wanted to find them. The woman was an utter terror in the cyberspace, and the trail the cat left behind trying to avoid the thousands upon thousands of cookies and deamons was utterly baffling. The data Spiders were utterly terrifying, to think such old techniques could be used with such efficiency. The only reason Nyx had managed to barley avoid everything was due to the new operating system securities he had created based off of Helen’s phone. 

 

The IOS operating system was something so utterly unheard of that no one knew to program hacks for it. 

 

===================================

Helen caught a ever so slight sniff of Nyx’s presence in the net, so she chased. The AI was slippery although what is to be expected of a being who was born on the net and lived on it for as long as it had. 

 

“Damn, I need to find them.” Helen mutters

 

That one small net interaction had eaten up enough bandwidth of the Pacifica network to get the attention of its administrators. 

======================================

 

Brigitte was in the bunker underneath of the church watching the pacifica network with wrapped attention. There was a battle going on and the nodes were overheating. It was an amazing fight as what seemed to be methods from the old net. 

"Placide, we need to know the movements of these AI on the net," Brigitte asserted, her blue eyes locked onto Placide's intense gaze.

 

Placide, adorned in tribal tattoos and with a mysterious air, considered her request. "Why you want this, Brigitte?"

 

"The AI is a marvel, Placide. It is using method’s ive never seen and the connections, its overriding our security. It might be able to help us get past the blackwall. We need to uncover its identity so it could help our plans," Brigitte explained, her voice firm.

 

Placide's fingers danced across a holographic interface, delving into the Voodoo Boys' network. "I can try to find, it but I cant guarantee the track."

 

A silent agreement hung in the air as Placide initiated his search. Brigitte continued to watch the war In the digital shadows, the Voodoo Boys began their hunt.

 

Only to find one of the AI’s didnt mask its location at all. 

“I think I found it.” Placide says

 

A map of the district comes up on screen highlighting what is a small storge unit by the shore not to far from the mall.

 

“Great! Get a crew and go.” Briggite says 

========================================

Nyx panted out of breath, Helen when she was focused was a terrifying force to be reckoned with. 

 

“Nyx, I’m picking up a large amount of network activity and its approaching.” Elena states. 

 

Nyx diverted a partition to watch the cameras in the area only to see the second in command of the voodoo boys with a squad of gang members surrounding their safe house. 

 

“We might be screwed.” Nyx states

 

Suddenly there is a knock on the metal storage container’s door.

 

The knock on the metal storage container's door echoed through the confined space, a chilling reminder of the encroaching danger. Nyx exchanged a glance with Elena, the pair silent as they exchanged a knowing look. 

 

“You have to call her.” Nyx whispers causing Elena to nod. 

 

As the door creaked open, Placide stepped into view, his imposing figure casting a shadow in the dimly lit storage unit. Nyx winced as the Voodoo Boys' second-in-command surveyed the surroundings with a stoic gaze locking on to the pair. 

 

“Hello, I feel you two might be able to answer some questions I may have… “Placide says before pausing and getting a quick scan off which Elena was barely able to block unfortunately that gave her away. 

 

“Especially you, Net Watch PIG.” Placide snarles

 

O-of course.” Elena says sending out a ping which without a doubt would get Helen’s attention.

15