Lore and Misc. Character Info
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A.G: After Guardians, a measurement of time. 3,000 A.G would roughly be 3000 years after the arrival of the Guardians in The East.
Beasts: The six (formerly seven) tribes of animal people inhabiting The Lungs. These are the Ahawi (Deer), Wanya (wolf), Datsi (cat), Atsadi (fish), Yon (bear), and Awohali (eagle). The seventh race, the Daksi, died out long ago…
Crossers: The people inhabiting the eastern part of the world. With the help of The Guardians, they crossed the ice sheet at the top of the world and later conquered the land from the Beasts.
Do'hli: A plaguebringer originating from the Second Coming of The Plaguebringers. First appeared roughly around the year 3000 A.G. This being is known to prey on dishonored mercenary leaders. Should one pledge allegiance to the being, they will be able to turn people into loyal servants, or Followers.
Northern Kingdoms: Blackwood and Frostspear
Plaguebringers: A largely unknown race of evil beings from The Frozen Wastes. They first came to the Human Plane nearly 10,000 years ago in an attempt to destroy the Guardians. When they arrived, rivers ran black, crops withered, and thousands died from disease.
Southern Kingdoms: Emerald Valley, Flame Marshes, Seawatch, Southern Dunes, and Stoneheart
Sea Maidens: The primary faith followed by the inhabitants of The Million Isles. 
Stride: Measurement of distance. One stride is equal to one mile.
The Lungs: The world in which this story takes place. The name is due to the shape of the main landmass.
Traveler’s Bread: Hardtack or some equivalent.
 
THE CROSSER FAITH (This Story).
 
Guardian Faith- The Guardians were the ancient heroes who saved the people who would come to be called The Crossers from The Plaguebringers. They guided them over The Ice Sheet at the top of the world to The East. The primary symbol for this faith is his axe to represent his sacrifice to protect his people. The Four Key Principles are duty, family, knowledge, and labor.
 
Primary Guardians:
Arn, the father of The Guardians. He represents duty, loyalty, selflessness, and perseverance. The month of winter is known as Arn’s Sacrifice. It is a time of reflection and thanksgiving. The first of the month is a day dedicated to fasting. This is the most popular month for Crossers to make their pilgrimage to The Guardian Keep in Frostspear.
Maar, the mother of the Guardians. She represents love, fertility, and healing. The month of summer is known as Maar’s Warmth. Maar’s Festival is celebrated on the first of the month. Later remarried Arn’s brother Arald. 
Logg, Guardian of light, fire, and knowledge. Created the Staff of Flame which gave the Crossers light for their journey across The Ice Sheet. The month of spring is known as Logg’s Light. The Light Festival is held on the first of this month. 
Riin, Guardian of craftsmanship and labor. He was born with superhuman strength and stamina that allowed him to build The Guardian Keep. To keep The Crossers warm during their trek across The Ice Sheet, he created a blanket made from hundreds of old mammoth hides. The month of fall is called Riin’s Work, as it is the time for harvesting. The end of the month is celebrated as Riin’s Feast
 
Other Guardians (incomplete list):
Arald, Guardian of festivals, art, and partying. While his brother Arn was a warrior, Arald was a musician. He used his songs to attract Maar after her husband’s death. The couple helped repopulate the Crossers after they crossed The Ice Sheet.
Lorr, Guardian of hunting and warfare. She is the daughter of Arn and Maar. Her father taught her his skills in warfare. She would later lead the conquest of The East.
Lokk the Swindler, one of the Lost Guardians who was flushed away to the isle of Sylt during The Great Flood. He is the Guardian of trade, thievery, and wealth accumulation. 
 
 
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS:
Mutt wears a brown padded battle jacket (a type of light armor), brown battle trousers, and tan, pointed riding boots. He carries a shortsword. He cuts his hair infrequently and doesn’t care about how he looks. Often, he looks wild and disheveled. 
 
Hoppe wears steel armor and a bascinet (type of helmet) on his head, which he keeps open except for in times of combat. He carries a steel mace. He does not allow anyone in The Brotherhood to carry a shield. He looks old, appearing to be in his 60's. He has a large mustache that covers his upper lip.
 
Hogfarmer wears a similar kind of battle jacket, though it is green. He wears brown battle trousers (which are far too short for him) and footwraps on his feet. He also wears two spiked steel gauntlets on his hands which he uses to fight. He carries a pack that contains most of The Brotherhood's provisions. He is a giant, muscular man with a huge mane of brown hair atop his head.
 
The Boil wears chainmail, steel greaves, steel bracers, and black boots. He wields a broadsword in combat. He is stocky and overweight with red hair. His cheeks are perpetually rosy.
 
Skum wears a grey battle jacket which is covered in a variety of stains. He wears patched trousers and holed shoes which expose his stockings. He carries a rusty carving knife and a handaxe. He has a rat-like face, few teeth, and thin, brown hair.
 
The Scholar wears white robes (taken from a dead priest) and black sandals. He has grey eyes and dark, curly hair that dangles passed his shoulders. He prefers to use his spells in combat, though he does carry a dagger within his robes.
 
Fingers wears a white shirt, brown trousers, black shoes, and a long brown cloak. He wears a flat, feathered cap and carries a rapier. He is the best looking member of The Brotherhood, with green eyes, light hair, and a strong jaw. Before living the life of a bandit, he was known to be quite the charmer.
0