Ch.3 Not getting paid for all that.
278 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

”Weak.” Jack mumbled while looking at the dead goblin with a branch pierced through its neck.

<They are one of the weakest monsters in this world after all.>

“Oh, I am not talking about the dead guy there but myself,” Jack replied to her with somewhat rough breathing as he realised that even such simple movements consumed so much stamina.

“It’s almost like-”

<Yup your body is back to the power level of your lazy life on Earth.>

Hearing that, Jack's face started to crumble as he slowly opened and closed his fist and realised she was not wrong, he was back to being the pathetic self before everything transpired.

“Is there any way to get my power back?” He asked the system calmly as he knew getting angry would not change anything as this is just a machine.

<Yeah it’s possible but you would be back to your old self with arm and eye missing with back and knee pain.>

“Ughhhhh.” He groaned in dissatisfaction as he hated the back and knee pain a lot as it used to mess up his battle against monsters and one arm and eye missing are even more disadvantageous.

“Isn’t it possible for your goddess to just give my old powers to this body?” He asked as she was able to send him to another world and give the system, so it should be within her power to do that.

<Not really as there are rules placed upon her, otherwise why would she need you to save the world?>

“Fair enough.” He mumbled with annoyance as he realised that he would have to suffer from the beginning again like last time.

<You don’t need to worry that much as with the new upgrade and your last world experience, your journey would be much smoother master.>

“Hmmm, that’s true.” He replied while looking back at the dead goblin as he was able to kill it in one hit while if it had earlier self, it would have struggled or even died.

“Lemme get out of here first.” Jack started to move away from the goblin a bit as he knew staying here would attract more monsters and he didn’t want to fight them with this little bit of power.

“Ahh, also tell me what the new system features are.” Jack decided to get familiar with this new system of his which was surprisingly better than expected and it even called him master.

<You should already know about the status screen, so aside from that there are 2 new features and those are Inventory and missions.>

“Just that?” Jack was a little confused with the new upgrades revelation as it was just mediocre.

<Yup just that.>

“At least give me something better, that fucking bitch. I am here to save the world, not kill some low-level monsters.” Jack mumbled grumbly as this was nothing like the one he read in novels and manga, instead, it was all just suffering and especially there were no, ‘Girls.’

He still remembers how excited he was in that world even after the shit system as he thought he was going to have a harem like all those MCs in anime but all he got was middle-aged uncles and their torturous training.

<You don’t have to necessarily save the world.>

“Huh? What do you mean?” Jack was confused as he didn’t expect one of her creations to say that.

<You don’t have to save the world as it’s not like there’s any penalty and can just live in this world peacefully for your whole lifetime.>

“Wouldn’t the world be destroyed if I don’t save it?” He asked as he remembered how important saving the last world was even though the ending was a bit different and easier than he expected.

<Not really, as this time only a few places in the world will suffer and you can just hole yourself in a safe location.>

“Are you malfunctioning or something? As her creation is telling me to not do the job that she gave me?”

<Thanks for your concern but I am perfectly alright and the reason for that suggestion is that I don’t have to work much then.>

“Eh wait what?” Jack was surprised after hearing her explanation as it was different than he expected, it sounded more like an excuse to not do it’s work.

<You heard right, not focusing on saving the world is better for me as I don’t have to work much as I ain’t getting paid for any of that.>

“Are you really just AI?” Jack asked while rubbing his forehead in annoyance as he realised that his system was kind of similar to him and it was not good for saving the world.

<No doubt about that.>

“Ugh, anyway just show me your upgrade as I have to go back to my original home so I can’t quit this mission from that bitch.” He said after sitting down next to a tree after judging that he had walked far enough from that corpse.

<First, try seeing your status screen as it’s a bit different than last time.>

“Oh, Status.” Just as he said those words, a blue screen with different numbers appeared in front of his vision.

Name Jack Randolf
Age 17 (32)
Race Human
Level 1
Power I-11
Endurance I-11
Dexterity I-10
Agility I-10
Magic I-10
Remarks: Would be tough to even win against a toddler in this state.
Skill +

“Is that remark necessary?” Jack asked with an annoyed tone as he realised what world he was in was bad but it was just putting salt in his wound.

<Yes as it makes you understand your power better.>

‘Didn’t I just kill that goblin?’ He thought grumbly but he knew that remark was kind of right if he didn’t have his experience, then he would have died in seconds against that goblin.

“Anyway, what is the world I am in?” He asked with hope in his voice as he didn’t want to be in a world where he had to be under another goddess to save the world.

<You are in the world from the anime you have previously watched called Danmachi.>

“Oh fuck off!” For the first time after killing that goblin, he shouted loudly in this forest without caring that it would attract monsters to him.

9