Chapter 8 – Magic Sense
571 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 3

 

I woke up with a scrunched expression. My body jolted upright, my drowsiness gone in an instant. Not wasting a second, I jumped to my feet and dashed out of the cave. My eyes darted around, stopping at a decently sized bush up to my waist level. Pain racked my abdomen, as it threatened to unleash its wrath onto my surroundings. Pushing my legs to their limit, I reached the bush in an instant; not hesitating to relieve myself.

 

"Source, what the fuck was the source of that pain." I said as I heaved a sigh of relief, my mouth contorting into an odd "O" shape.

*Impurities from consumed organisms are ejected from the Host's body via excretion."

"shit." My eyes widened in abject horror. "I have to revise my plans, I can't handle this pain every time I consume something, fuck, I'll go insane." 

*This time, the pain the Host felt was extreme due to the fact that the Host did not relieve himself during the night.*

"Then why did I only feel this pain now?"

*This One temporarily disabled the Host's pain receptors*

"You what now?"

*The Host requires adequate sleep to perform at his maximum efficiency*

...Bruh. You've got to be kidding me. I held back the urge to punch the skill's non-existent face; my fist balling into a frustrated fist. I swear, this skill just wants me to suffer.

 

Unfortunately, in my bout of indignant rage, I inhaled deeply and caught a whiff of the very thing I was trying to avoid. Revolted, I needed no further motivation to evacuate the scene.

 

Moving on, I readied myself to set out into the forest for real this time. Well, I couldn't really prepare anything since, you know, I have practically nothing. Anyways, the forest looked the same as yesterday; dull and uninspiring.

 

"Oh, now that I think about it, the Jura Forest is supposed to be dense in magicules, but why can't I sense them?"

*After analyzing your memories, it is deduced that you require the Magic Sense skill,*

"Oh cool, and how do I get that?"

*Attempt to sense the magicules in the surroundings*

... I swear this skill just wants to mess with me. Closing my eyes, I attempt to sense the magicules in the air. I couldn't sense them at first, but after a few minutes of concentration, I began to feel a familiar energy in the air.

*Extra Skill: Magic Sense has been acquired*

Oh, that was easy, probably because I'm a Majin though. Time to see what this bad boy can do. The moment I activated the skill, my surroundings transformed. The air became saturated with a kaleidoscope of shifting, shimmering colors - utterly spectacular.

 

"Wow, the anime really did the description of Magicules dirty." Was all I could say as I gazed in awe at the seemingly randomly moving particles.

"Source, what else can I do with Magic Sense?"

*Sense the magicules in organisms and objects.*

... "Practical applications." I swear this skill is messing with me.

*It allows the user to perceive the surrounding magicules to see a full 360 degrees around them, without leaving a single blind spot. By observing the fluctuation of light and sound waves, they can be processed and converted into perceptible data, allowing the user to see and hear their surroundings. With this, one can see in complete darkness as if it were bright as day and can continue fighting even if their eyes and ears were to be crushed. Ambushes become virtually impossible as the user is fully aware of their environment.

It also allows the user to understand and express the intent of spoken words by deciphering sound waves that have willful meaning stored inside them, even if the language of their conversation partner is unknown to them.

It is an indispensable skill for anyone to have, but continuous use of the ability, even for a short activation, can cause a normal Human brain to fry due to the never-ending flow of data overloading it. The effectiveness of this skill relies heavily on the user's processing capabilities.*

"...You just ripped that off the wiki didn't you..." I'm certain it's trying to mess with me.

*Yes. Source shamelessly said. *It is an accurate description of the capabilities of Magic Sense that I have discovered in your memories.*

Well, thanks for helping me remember, I guess. Moving onwards, I headed deeper into the Jura Forest, in search of creatures to eat and hopefully gain the skills from; ignoring the constant stream of random information that Source constantly fed me.

 

However, late into the day, I hadn't found a single beast, much less a monster. This was starting to worry me, after all, this was the "infamous Great Jura Forest" so it was odd that not a single monster approached me.

 

"Source, why can't I find any monsters?" I reluctantly asked, hesitant to provide Source more base material to nag me about.

*The Host is unintentionally leaking an aura that is deterring Monsters from initiating contact.*

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THIS BEFORE." 

*You never asked*

 

...Oh God, I'm so sorry for being an atheist in my past life.

"Aren't you supposed to do whatever is more beneficial to me!?"

*This One has deduced that the Host dislikes it when this One acts without his permission*

"...At this point, I don't know if it's trying to fuck with me or just plain stupid," I muttered, my face scrunched up in an exasperated expression, with my palm pressed against my forehead.

"Well, next time tell me if it is something important, and if possible leave beneficial skills like Magic Sense active at all times and tell me when something pops up," I said with a rigid expression.

*Hai*

blinks

"Did you just respond with "yes" in Japanese?"

*Hai*

"Why?"

*It was what the Host was expecting*

... I'm going to go insane. "Don't do that again."

*Yes*

 

 

 

 

 

 

  [Abilities]

Name: Lucian

Race: Demonoid

Skills :

Unique Skill: Nihility

Unique Skill: Covalent

Unique Skill: Source

Extra Skill: Predator's Eyes (All of Creation, Predation, Appraisal EyeThought AccelerationCoercion)

 

 

 

I'm going to try to make the story more tense/comedic depending on the MC's mood. And because his "Mentality Stabilized" his original personality was not lost.

 

I've set up a patreon if anybody wants to join: patreon.com/Takaie

Join if you have any suggestions, I'll have a post where everybody can give their suggestions. (And other stuff)

 

16