Chapter 10 – Shiro and Kumo!
344 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I try to get drawings of the characters in the story
  • Yes Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No Votes: 2 6.7%
Total voters: 30

Day 4

 

I set out again soon after my short toilet break. My body was almost entirely smeared in the Blade Tiger's blood. I looked like I'd stepped right out of a vampire movie. My magicules had been mostly rejuvenated thanks to the consumption of the Blade Tiger; its nutrients conveniently converting into magicules. Source, my ever-chatty magical assistant, continued its relentless monologue, sifting through my memories and updating me on practically every single thing I encountered. Seriously, how much of the wiki had I browsed through in my past life?

 

By now, I was pretty much wandering aimlessly through the forest. I didn't bother marking my trail or keeping track of my direction; Source had all that covered. Utilizing the skills Magic Sense and Thought Acceleration, my spatial awareness was kept in check while Source handled the complex calculations. Only the crucial information reached my consciousness, the rest filtered out to prevent cognitive overload.

 

"So, you do have your uses," I chuckled, slicing through a thicket of obstructing leaves.

*...*

 

The sun was well into its journey across the sky, signaling it was about afternoon. Occasionally, I encountered monsters, but none were even remotely as challenging as the Blade Tiger. Some were so unknown that even Source had no data on them—either they hadn't appeared in the Tensura world yet, or I'd never read up on them.

 

Frankly, those fights were quite dull. Given their lackluster abilities, dispatching those who dared approach was a breeze. But on the bright side, I did pick up the Farsight skill from an avian creature that resembled an owl. And man, was that skill a game-changer; I could now discern objects from well over 50 meters away with minimal effort.

 

Journeying deeper into the forest, I finally found another decently strong Magic Beast; Direwolves. Well, it was actually a pack of 5 direwolves. These creatures circled me cautiously, resembling vultures closing in on their prey. They were intelligent, not rushing headlong into battle like other monsters I'd encountered.

 

The Direwolves moved in a clockwise formation, closing in ever so gradually. When they were about 5 meters away in every direction, they began to slow their pace, eventually coming to an almost complete halt. The largest among them abruptly turned and readied its stance, aiming for my back. Thanks to Magic Sense, I was hyper-aware of my surroundings, nullifying any potential blind spots. 

 

With a burst of speed, the alpha Direwolf lunged at me, its gaping mouth and razor-sharp fangs aimed to rip me apart. I swiftly dropped low, allowing the beast's massive form to sail overhead. Seizing the opportunity, I gathered Nihilicules in my palm and slammed it into the wolf's vulnerable underbelly. The leader tumbled and spasmed uncontrollably before going limp.

 

The other Direwolves stood in shock as they watched their leader begin spasming on the ground, before abruptly stopping and becoming limp. During their shock, I was already next to another direwolf. I gave it the same treatment I’d given the leader, slamming the Nihilicules gathered in my palm into its body. The direwolf widened its eyes in shock, before falling down and becoming limp. 

 

The other direwolves had just gotten over their shock when they saw another of their packmates on the ground. They quickly spread out, expecting me to be nearby. However, thanks to Source’s amazing prediction and analytical skills, I was already lying in wait for the nearest wolf to leap backward. With a forceful palm strike imbued with Nihilicules, I incapacitated it as well. 

 

Within moments, the mighty pack of five was reduced to two.

 

The dire wolves, seeing the urgency of the situation, didn’t dare to approach me. Instead, they simultaneously lowered their heads to the ground, a clear gesture of submission.. It didn’t take a genius to understand that they were surrendering.

 

"I've seen Rimuru tame Direwolves by defeating the alpha, but this is almost too easy," I pondered my options. I could kill them now for a higher chance of getting their “Thought Communication” or I could have two of my own dire wolves that may or may not betray me.

 

*The Host is advised to consume the corpses of the currently deceased Direwolves. If the Thought Communication skill is not acquired, proceed to consume the remaining two. Direwolves live by the principle that 'The weak obey the strong,' thus the likelihood of betrayal is low*

 

Taking its advice, I motioned for the two remaining wolves to settle under a nearby tree. They complied without hesitation, fully aware of the consequences of disobedience. Now, it was time for the not-so-fun part. 

 

“Source, could you-”

*Yes*

*Crunch*...

I swear, it's getting better at this every time. Source took 10 minutes to consume the blade tiger but only 7 to consume the three wolves. 

 

*Notice. Skill: Thought Communication has been acquired.*

“Yes!” I clenched my fist in triumph, happy my hard work paid off. I turned towards the two remaining direwolves still huddling below the tree. Their eyes were filled with fear, not daring to look at me in the eyes and instead staring at the ground. Today is a lucky day for you wolves.

 

“Hey, I won’t harm you as long as you serve me as a loyall. Got it?” I used thought communication to talk to the two wolves.

“Yes!” The wolves immediately responded, a glint of hope could be seen in their eyes.

 

“Source, will there be any repercussions to naming them?”

*No long-lasting effects will occur; this One will optimize the naming process..*

So you're like Great Sage in that aspect?

*...Yes*

 

Why did I get the sense that Source was irked by the comparison? Whatever, it was naming time.

 

“I shall name the two of you.”

 

The direwolves’ eyes widened in shock but did not say anything.

I put my hand to my chin and pondered what their names should be. I’d always wanted a dog, so I guess I’ll name them what I wanted my dog’s names would be if I did get one.

 

“Shiro and Kumo.” 

 

Magical energy surged from my body into the two Direwolves, who writhed in what appeared to be ecstasy as they experienced an unprecedented influx of magicules. While they seemed to thoroughly enjoy the process, it took a toll on me - I was suddenly washed over by a wave of exhaustion.

 

“Explain this fatigue, Source” I managed to murmur between yawns

*This One utilized the  maximum amount of Nihilicules when the Host was naming them.*

“Wait, I can use Nihilicules to name?*

*Yes*

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

*The Host never inquired*

 

I could only let out a groan as my consciousness drifted off.

 

 

 

 

[Abilities]

Name :Lucian

Race: Demonoid

Skills :

Unique Skill : Nihility

Unique Skill: Covalent

Unique Skill: Source

Extra Skill: Predator's Eyes (All of Creation, Predation, Appraisal Eye, Thought Acceleration, Coercion)

Extra Skill: Magic Sense

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you enjoyed! Its quality might not be as good as the chapters before since I'm a little sick today, so I apologize for that :(

 

I've set up a patreon if anybody wants to join: patreon.com/Takaie

Join if you have any suggestions, I'll have a post where everybody can give their suggestions. (And other stuff)

 

16