Chapter 13 – Tempest Snake
517 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 6

 

We didn't waste a single second before chowing down on the decidedly unappetizing spider. It was, in a word, vile. Purple ichor oozed from its mangled body with each crunch from Shiro and Kumo, my two stalwart direwolves. To them, it was a feast. To me? "Blegh," was the only coherent thought that managed to manifest as I watched Source tear into the Spider.

 

Unfortunately, I didn’t get any skills from consuming the spider. What it did grant was the searing pain that came immediately after that disappointment. Was it just me or was it getting worse?

 

Anyways, after my short break, we continued exploring the cave for any monsters. This cave was like a labyrinth, split after split and the occasional large opening; which is where most of the stronger monsters were found.

 

We’d found quite a few extra Black Spiders, Evil Centipedes, and Armorsaurus’. Thankfully, I did end up getting the Steel Thread, Sticky Thread, and Body Armor after a day of adventuring in the Sealed Cave. 

 

 

However, after all this time I hadn’t found a single Tempest Serpent - I wonder why? By which, I was immediately informed by Source.

*This is most likely not the Tempest Serpent’s territory.*

…nothing ever changes, I guess. While still frustrated at Source, I mentally commanded the two wolves to head towards the direction that Source directed me towards; a place it assumed that most of the creatures were avoiding or fleeing from after analyzing their behaviors.

 

Sure enough, it wasn't long before we came face-to-face with our first Tempest Serpent. It was a sight to behold, its imposing body resembling a dragon more than a mere snake, with jet-black scales adorned with lethal thorns and a striking purple underbelly. Far from the Anime rendition I was familiar with, this one aligned more closely with its Manga counterpart.

 

Its coiled body was wrapped in a shape resembling a turd. Clearly, we'd interrupted its nap. Its eyes narrowed menacingly, sizing up Shiro and Kumo as the more significant threats.

 

The Tempest Serpent narrowed its eyes and looked at Shiro and Kumo up and down, deeming them to be the real threat. Nearing seven meters away from it, the serpent shot a poisonous gas at us, threatening to turn us into a fleshy mess. The agile Kumo dodged gracefully, veering to the right in a smooth arc.

 

Meanwhile, Shiro (with me riding on her) dashed towards the left, evasively avoiding the poisonous mist. I hastily shot a small clump of Sticky Web from my hand at the Serpent’s open mouth. The Tempest Snake, seeing my attack, quickly clamped its mouth shut. The clump of web suddenly unraveled into many fine threads that enveloped its mouth in a purple-tinged cocoon. A string remained connected to my hand, giving me airborne control over the threads.

 

The Tempest Serpent thrashed wildly, trying to shake off the cocoon that was laced with my poison-infused sticky web. Both Shiro and Kumo leaped in from opposite sides, pinning its thrashing tail down. For a moment, it seemed we had it, but the serpent’s immense strength soon snapped some of the threads. Its mouth free once more, it turned its gaze toward Shiro and Kumo, who had been doing their best to hold it down. Drawing back, it seemed ready to unleash another noxious breath. We couldn't afford to give it the chance.

 

Leaping through the air, I landed just behind its head and slammed my Nihilicule-charged palm into its scales. Rather than succumb, the serpent merely shuddered for a moment before brushing off my attack. Its head whirled around, gaping maw ready to unleash another torrent of poison directly at me.

 

“!!?!!??” Confusion etched my face, confused about why my attack didn’t work.

*Notice. The diffusion of Magicules caused by the presence of Nihility Energy can be resisted by a stronger force holding the Magicules together. Nihilicules are the bonded version of Magicules and Nihility Energy; increasing the volume but reducing its potency, thereby decreasing the control needed to resist it.*

“FUCKING HELL.” was my immediate thought as a new cloud of toxic mist enveloped me.

 

Acting fast, I spun a multi-layered cocoon of Steel Thread around myself. Though it wasn't enough to entirely block the poison, it gave me just enough time to activate my Body Armor skill, morphing my skin into a metallic-blue armor. I could feel the corrosive effects of the poison that breached my defenses, dissolving patches of my armored skin into a liquid form. Thankfully, the amount that got through wasn’t a lot. 

 

While I was doing this, Shiro lunged for the serpent's neck, claws extended and ready to rip through the snake’s scales. However, the snake, with less force pinning it down, was able to lift its tail end, easily shaking Kumo off and swiping it at Shiro. Two resounding “Thud”s could be heard when the two wolves collided against the grey walls of the cave. 

 

The situation wasn’t looking good, I was afflicted by corrosive red patches, while Shiro and Kumo, although still able to fight, were showing signs of wear. On the flip side, the snake seemed almost unscathed. I gathered Nihilicules in my palm, much more than the amount in the previous attack.

 

The Tempest Snake narrowed its eyes, clearly identifying the energy gathering in my palm as a threat. It hissed at us in a shrilling tone, clearly indicating a warning. One that we did not heed. Communicating our strategy through thought, Shiro and Kumo sprang into action, dashing up whilst unleashing their Haki. Unperturbed by their spiritual pressure, the serpent kept its eyes locked on me.

 

Shiro and Kumo leaped at the snake, evading the tail that lashed out towards them. They sunk their fangs into the snake’s tough hide, causing the snake to heed its instincts and divert its attention, and turn its head. This was the opportunity I needed. Leaping forward again, I darted to the snake like a bullet. The Tempest Snake, realizing the blunder it had made. Diverted its attention on me again and opened its mouth, brandishing its sharp fangs that were inches away from me.

 

It snapped its mouth, its maw closing on the air where I had been moments prior. I slid under its humongous mouth and smashed my palm into its head. Realization dawned on the serpent's face too late as its eyes widened in terror. The next moment, its entire body started spasming violently, as though jolted by an electric current. After a few agonizing seconds, it finally slumped to the ground, lifeless.

 

We’d won, finally.

 

 

 

 

 

Day 7 (Current Day)

 

[Abilities]

Name: Lucian

Race: Demonoid

Title: Kin-Eater

Skills :

Unique Skill: Nihility

Unique Skill: Covalent

Unique Skill: Source

Extra Skill: Predator's Eyes (All of Creation, Predation, Appraisal Eye, Thought Acceleration, Coercion)

Extra Skill: Magic Sense,

Skill: FarsightThought CommunicationFlame Breath, Apply Poison, Steel Thread, Sticky Thread, Body Armor

 

 

 

 

Sorry for not uploading these past 2 days, exams after coming up so I've had little time to write.

I'll start skimming over days next chapter. The reason he didn't use Nihility Energy was because it is too destructive and would destroy the body of the snake

Anyways, Have a nice day <3

 

I've set up a patreon if anybody wants to join: patreon.com/Takaie

Join if you have any suggestions, I'll have a post where everybody can give their suggestions. (And other stuff)

13