Chapter 1: New World
69 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Principality of Qua Toyne]

[January 30 1639 of the Central Calendar, 9:00 AM ]

[4th Wyvern Patrol Squadron]

As they cruise on top of the villages and huts of the humble Principality of Qua Toyne, Marcus can't help but chuckle, he is currently flying with his trusted wyvern as they bathe to the morning sun, following a pre-determined patrol route that they have always flown to for years.

'Nothing out of the ordinary huh? As always...' he thought to himself, the only thing that he heard was the muffled flap of his wyvern's wings, as it smoothly swam against the air currents, he found this quite soothing, if he could, he wanted to stay like this forever.

But alas, the peace was suddenly broken by a light buzz, Marcus, of course, instantly broke out of his stupor and activated his manacomm.

" Pat, can you hear that? " he broadcasted to his patrol mate, who was also following the same patrol route a few dozen meters ahead

" Yes Marc, never heard anything like it, it reminds me of a bee." Patima answered, "I can't seem to find where the noise is coming from, what I'm sure is it is airborne and It's coming closer " he broadcasted back, as the noise became louder and louder, anxiety struck Patima, but that doesn't mean that she will let it take over her mental faculties, she ready herself to any possible scenario.

And then, she saw something on the horizon, a gray speck, not out of the blue since she usually sees this kind of thing and most of the time they are migratory birds, but as she looked closely, the speck started to get bigger and louder, it seems like the sound is coming out of that thing!

Grippled with panic, she activated her mana-comm " Something is approaching, and it's approaching fast! Brace for--!" she was not able to finish her sentence as the spec became clearer and the noise drowns her words

She had a split second to sneak a peak at the unidentified object; An immense winged creature that bore scales akin to metal, She was sure that she saw a symbol of something with red and blue, nonetheless she was only able to have a glance on it as it passed through her at speeds that she never though possible for a flying beast.

She had a split second to sneak a peak at the unidentified object; An immense winged creature that bore scales akin to metal, She was sure that she saw a symbol of something with red and blue, nonetheless she was only able to have a glance on it a...

As trained tandem wyvern riders, they know what to do. They pursued the target as Marc scrambled to contact the Maihark Air Command.

"Marc to Command! We're currently pursuing an unidentified creature that breached our airspace a few moments ago, with its tracks, it's directly heading to Maihark!" said Marc to his mana-comm, after a few moments, they received a reply

"Command to Marc, Copy that!" after the exchange, they tried to pursue the creature, but to no avail.

" What the hell is that creature?! It's going so fast! " Marc exclaimed to the Mana-comm

"...that is not a creature, Marc," said Patima, her father was a known merchant, and when she was a child, she remembered accompanying him on his trips to other kingdoms, and at one of them, she remembered a creature that resembles the one that they are currently pursuing.

" What do you mean? " Marc asked, confused, if it's not a creature of some sort, then what it is?

" It's an 'Aircraft' from the Civilized Areas, I don't know what they're doing here at all!"

-----%-----

[ Maihark Wyvern Command Tower ]

"Copy that, Marc!" replied one of the operators who's currently conversing with them, as of the moment, the whole tower is a buzz of movement, every operator is scrambling to contact any Wyvern Riders on the path of the 'creature' to intersect it.

"W-We got a description! Rider Marc said that it has grayish scales and is faster than our wyverns! On top of that, Rider Patima also says that it's not a creature, but an "aircraft" from the Civilized Area!"

Everyone who heard that was confused, as expected since they don't even know what an aircraft means, but an officer who looked more distinguished than his fellows suddenly grimaced.

" An "aircraft"? Can you ask the rider to look at it closely and verify it again?" He said calmly, but deep inside he was confused.

' An aircraft in these parts? Do the Milishials finally shed their diplomatic scheme and go back to their hegemonic roots? or it might be Mu?' He silently pondered, wishing that it was just wrong and the aircraft was just a new type of wyvern.

"Rider Palma just confirmed! She says nothing seems to be flapping and there is a "mechanical" buzz that can't be made by a wyvern!" said the operator, who's not familiar with the word "mechanical" as he butchered pronouncing it.

"...shit. Inform the garrison in Maihark, tell every single piece of information that you heard, and make sure to emphasize that this might spell the doom of the city if left unchecked." He said as he flopped back to his seat, visibly disturbed.

' This is a lost cause... '

-----%-----

[Maihark City Garrison]

The once relatively peaceful garrison of Maihark a few moments ago, was now filled with a palpable tension that can be felt by anyone.

Marksmen and Mages assembled themselves on the wall as Wyvern Riders took to the skies and readied themselves for battle

The once bustling Trade city of Maihark has now gripped with uncertainty and panic, everyone runs toward the nearest shelter they could've found, even the merchants from other cities have no choice but to leave their wagons unattended on the streets, waiting for any vagabonds to steal them, well if they're still on the streets since even them packed their shits and run towards the alleyways.

Captain Irene of the Defense Knight Corps, is running at the city walls, organizing the troops and making sure everything is in line. On her left hand, a wooden box with a crystal stone embedded is constantly pulsating as it relays messages from the 6th Defensive Wyvern Corps.

"Interception failed! It's so fast!" One of the voices said

"It's still heading towards Maihark! " Exclaimed by one.

As the commotion on the mana-comm intensified, Irene saw the monstrosity heading directly towards Maihark's airspace.

"It's true..." Irene whispered, with Elf's slightly heightened sense of hearing, she could hear the light buzz that the riders were pertaining to.

As seconds go by, the aircraft starts to show itself, from a single dot in the sky to the hulking monstrosity that the first alert has described.

"Everyone, ready your bows and spells!" That was the signal, all of the riders of the 6th Wyvern Corps rushed to intercept the craft, but to no avail since they couldn't even match the speed of the craft.

And then, the craft showed its majestic visage for everyone in the city to gawk at, some soldiers immediately retreated, shouting "MONSTER!!" and "WE'RE GOING TO DIE", some other soldiers, who are either brave or full of shit, tried to aim their arrows and spells towards the craft, but alas not even a single one found its mark on the creature.

Captain Ine, however, was glued to her feet as she stared at the aircraft, which from a moment's notice, suddenly climbed an altitude that made it impossible for wyverns to intercept, and then turned north, to the vast expanse of the ocean.

"There was no known land in that direction... where did it come from?" muttered Irene, unbeknownst to her, she'll find out soon enough.

-----%-----

[Malacañang Palace]

[January 30 2024 ACE, 5 days after the Transference]

[ 2 hours after the incident ]

Julian Madrigal, the 18th and current president of the Philippines, is currently sitting in a room with his trusted cabinet members. A special meeting has been organized by the Secretary of National Defense. Julian had a clue about what this meeting was about.

"Is this about the reconnaissance mission in the north of Mindanao? "

"Yes, Mr. President. Everyone, please open your folders" Pablo, the Secretary of National Defense said.

"In the morning of January 30, 2024, our new reconnaissance patrol aircraft, the ATR 72MP, was given a new mission, instead of patrolling its usual patrol route in the West Philippine Sea, it was rerouted on our Airbase in Mindanao and refueled for a reconnaissance mission in the north, visual evidence suggest that there is a civilization below Mindanao. "

The cabinet members slowly absorbed the information, their tired eyes surveyed the photos taken by the aircraft, small huts, carriages, and rock houses that reminded them of the medieval era can be seen. A normal person would probably freak out with the current pictures if they were not desensitized by the transmigration of the entire country-

"Wait, is that a dragon?!" exclaimed by Edwin, the Secretary of Agriculture.

As he said that, everyone including the president hurriedly flipped through pages to see the picture of the dragon.

"It really is a dragon..." Julian stammers with a voice filled with awe and fear.

Additionally, other cabinet members showed their reaction, their previously tired and somber aura because of the mess left by the Transference, was either filled with awe, or fear.

"Yes, Mr. President, creatures only known to exist in fantasy are real, but that's not the main concern of this mission. " Pablo said with seriousness while turning the PowerPoint to the next page. "It's been five days since the "Transference Event" happened and we're still not able to make an official statement to the public, with these pictures and various scientific evidence, we can immediately alleviate the public's anxiety about the situation! Rallies and public demonstrations are currently happening all over the country as we speak, even with the trust that they have given us from the emergency election last September, that would not be enough."

The Secretary of Agriculture, Edwin Francisco, raised her hands. "If I may?"

Pablo nodded, Edwin fixed his slightly disheveled ponytail and stood up.

"I agree, Mr. President. We promised to build this administration with truth and transparency, every sector is experiencing record-high setbacks and damages because of the Transference, the last thing that we need is a revolution."

"I know, that's why I already drafted a speech for a press conference later, probably around evening since I need to change it because of the data that you have provided. Fortunately, unlike internet connection that is severed completely, we still have our television broadcasting services and other means of communication." Julian said as he sulked and

put his hands on his temple, probably because of migraines caused by lack of sleep.

"This is probably the worst week of my life..." he whispered.

0